• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Fascinating story of old-believers that fled and lived in Siberia

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Yeshua HaDerekh, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Yeshua HaDerekh

Yeshua HaDerekh Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it

+2,749
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Brian Mcnamee

Brian Mcnamee Well-Known Member

+1,102
    Non-Denom
    Married
    interesting read thanks for posting

3. Phronema

Phronema Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,322
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Agreed! Interesting read.

4. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,787
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I have heard a little about Agafia - but didn't really have any idea of the background - thanks for posting that article

5. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+16,496
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    very interesting!

6. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,340
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    There are lots of documentary videos about their story on YouTube. People even make regular updates on Agafia:

7. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,253
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I know someone who has met Agafia Lykova. I was completely in awe when I learned this.

8. Nick1000

Nick1000 Member Supporter

+233
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Similarly I read a version of the article linked below a while back - about how the Old Believers were dislocated and relocated so on and so forth.

The piece I remembered the most was about this one boy who was separated from his father at the age of two when the Soviets crossed the border into China to recapture Old Believers who had fled, but the boy went with others to Brazil. Flash forward and he reunites with his father 50 years later in Alaska!!! I think that is recounted in the linked article.

Just sayin the history and human interest aspects are interesting. Otherwise, I am not intending to waiver over into Old Believer related discussion which I know is not allowed. I think anyway.

https://www.theatlantic.com/nationa...mmunity-living-in-21st-century-alaska/275440/