Far-right group warning of Islamist infiltration to hold banquet at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Far-right group warning of Islamist infiltration to hold banquet at Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club
A far-right group that believes Islamists are infiltrating the U.S. government will hold a banquet Saturday night at President Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club, according to a permit issued for the event.

The group, the Center for Security Policy, has also spread the false idea that former president Barack Obama is a Muslim and alleged that mainstream Muslim organizations in the United States are secretly agents of anti-American jihad.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,971.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It’s an opinion piece at best. Trump has nothing to do with them being there, yet whose picture is at the top of the page?
It's almost like Trump owns it and has it listed as his primary residence.

• Informative
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,183.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The permit might be needed because of it officially being a Presidential Residence.
So what else would people need permission to do there? Swim, or play golf? And permission from who?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what else would people need permission to do there? Swim, or play golf? And permission from who?

"Permission" from the Secret Service, which has to maintain tight security protocols at the property.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's almost like Trump owns it and has it listed as his primary residence.

As much as I dislike Trump, the fact that a venue that he happens to own was rented out by a group with some slightly exaggerated notions pertaining to Islam isn't necessarily a reflection of him.

Granted, he hasn't particularly gone out of his way to repudiate the support of extreme groups like that, and that's an issue...

...but, in this particular scenario, the left's position on the matters of "business owners don't have the right to deny service to those they disagree with" may have given Trump an "easy-out" of owning responsibility for this one.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
in this particular scenario, the left's position on the matters of "business owners don't have the right to deny service to those they disagree with" may have given Trump an "easy-out" of owning responsibility for this one.
Proves once again it was better in the old days.

When I owned a bicycle shop I could refuse service to anyone I wished. Never came into effect but,
I kept it handy.

I've seen several clowns these days severely disrespecting one's working in businesses. They should be tossed out and refused service.

M-Bob

Upvote 0