Far left Democrats vote to kill babies born alive (41 of 44 voted no)

Status
Not open for further replies.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not super political now days, I don't like to fight it really, and I think it divides people unnecessarily. I don't really get why people divide over politics, it's dumb. A christian can be a democrat or republican. It don't matter. But I am sort of disturbed over a law that failed this week. Maybe I misunderstood it, but babies that fail abortion, and are born alive. They should at least be treated as human beings yes? I mean THEY ARE BORN, just like ANY OTHER BORN BABY! They may be struggling for life, yes but you don't just throw the baby in a dumpster, and refuse medical treatment. I am not a far right republican anymore, I am a moderate. But I stay republican simply because of this one issue as well as religious freedom issues.

Here is the breakdown of the failed law: 41 democrats voted against it, 3 voted for it, and 53 republican senators voted for it. But they fell short of the 60 needed. So if more democrats become moderate, and that is my hope here it would have won. I am not saying don't be democrat, I am saying be moderate (like me -being moderate republican). Be like the three that voted for it. These are babies! This is just so completely disturbing to me. God help our nation. I pray that this corona virus is not a punishment from the Lord because of legislative sins like this befalling our nation.

here is the article:
God Help Us: 41 Dem Senators Vote Against Protecting Already Born Babies from Being Legally Murdered

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am not super political now days, I don't like to fight it really, and I think it divides people unnecessarily. I don't really get why people divide over politics, it's dumb. A christian can be a democrat or republican. It don't matter. But I am sort of disturbed over a law that failed this week. Maybe I misunderstood it, but babies that fail abortion, and are born alive. They should at least be treated as human beings yes? I mean THEY ARE BORN, just like ANY OTHER BORN BABY! They may be struggling for life, yes but you don't just throw the baby in a dumpster, and refuse medical treatment. I am not a far right republican anymore, I am a moderate. But I stay republican simply because of this one issue as well as religious freedom issues.

Here is the breakdown of the failed law: 41 democrats voted against it, 3 voted for it, and 53 republican senators voted for it. But they fell short of the 60 needed. So if more democrats become moderate, and that is my hope here it would have won. I am not saying don't be democrat, I am saying be moderate (like me -being moderate republican). Be like the three that voted for it. These are babies! This is just so completely disturbing to me. God help our nation. I pray that this corona virus is not a punishment from the Lord because of legislative sins like this befalling our nation.

here is the article:
God Help Us: 41 Dem Senators Vote Against Protecting Already Born Babies from Being Legally Murdered
Democrats Joe Manchin of West Virginia, Bob Casey of Pennsylvania and Doug Jones of Alabama were the only three Democrats who voted FOR the bill. ALL the rest of them voted against humanity and for the culture of death. These people, the 41, are unfit to lead a free and moral people.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

here is the article:
I am not super political now days, I don't like to fight it really, and I think it divides people unnecessarily. I don't really get why people divide over politics, it's dumb.

It divides people on purpose. That's what politicians do. And the media is guilty as well.

A christian can be a democrat or republican. It don't matter.
You seem to disagree with abortion and being partisan, but its mostly republicans who stand against abortion (i do as well) so why should i not be partisan?
'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Born-Alive Infants Protection Act of 2002 already is law. It defines a born alive infant as a human being, thus allowing it the same protection under the law as the rest of us in the United States.

The bill in the OP is redundant and nothing but a political stunt, trying to scare the public into believing that Democrats support infancticide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please don’t fall for the far-right moral scaremongering. From Kaiser Health:

Fact Checking Rhetoric On Infants Surviving Abortions: Babies Are Rarely Born Alive And When They Are Doctors Don’t Kill Them
Rhetoric over abortions that happen near enough to birth that infants could survive has heated up in recent days with President Donald Trump tweeting that Democrats want to "execute babies after birth." However, what usually happens when an infant survives an abortion procedure, it’s because the health of the mother was endangered and the baby won't live long outside the womb. In those instances, "comfort care" is provided, but the recent legislation Democrats voted down would have required the doctor to resuscitate the infant. Abortion news comes out of Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky, Wyoming and Connecticut.
Fact Checking Rhetoric On Infants Surviving Abortions: Babies Are Rarely Born Alive And When They Are Doctors Don’t Kill Them

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
When the count is 41 Senators, they aren't 'far left' Democrats. They are just Democrats. This is who they are as a party now.
Yes, not interested in signing on to a redundant and unnecessary law just to signal their virtue.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes, not interested in signing on to a redundant and unnecessary law just to signal their virtue.
Entirely willing to loudly signal their lack of virtue though. It should be a no-brainer to vote for this. That 41 members of the Senate refused to do so, in lockstep with party dogma, tells a lot about America and a lot about that party.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's break it down this way:

You and me = human beings
Newborn infant = human being
Under the 2002 law an Infant Born Alive as a result of failed abortion = human being

Purposely killing a human being = murder

Murdering a human being = illegal

Since the 2002 law already defines an infant born alive during a failed abortion as a human being, there's no reason to create another law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Since when? Proposing redundant and unnecessary laws and virtue signaling are their primary occupation.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Under the 2002 law an Infant Born Alive as a result of failed abortion = human being

Since the 2002 law already defines an infant born alive during a failed abortion as a human being, there's no reason to create another law.

Seems to me that, according to the way they voted on a bill which is called redundant because it does the same thing as the 2002 law, 41 Democrat Senators are sending a message to their supporters that they would like to see that 2002 law repealed. Otherwise why not vote "present" to protest the redundancy rather than "no" to voice opposition to what the bill proposes ?

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It’s like no one read my comment. Am I shadowbanned? No one is ever killing late-term abortion-surviving infants.

Does everyone get that?

Pay attention: late term abortions are only allowed when going through with the birth endangers the life of the mother and the baby is confirmed to be incompatible with life. These are babies that were never going to survive. When they do survive the abortion, they are given comfort care so they are allowed to pass comfortably and with dignity. The bill that the Democrats voted down would have required doctors to go through futile resuscitation efforts making the baby’s final moments horrible, painful, and drawn-out.

The fact that you think there’s a significant element of American representatives who are for the execution of infants says everything about the state of Conservative media today. For crying out loud!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is the breakdown of the failed law: 41 democrats voted against it, 3 voted for it, and 53 republican senators voted for it. But they fell short of the 60 needed. So if more democrats become moderate, and that is my hope here it would have won. I am not saying don't be democrat, I am saying be moderate....
Unfortunately, that day has passed. As this vote showed, there is essentially no room left in the Democratic Party for moderates. The ordinary person who votes Democratic may be a moderate, but the leadership which makes policy is openly hostile.

Note, also, that of the three votes cast in favor of not murdering newborns, two of them (Manchin and Jones) came from Senators who are intensely unpopular in their home states at the present for having already voted with the party leadership on the phony impeachment issue and so are scrambling to remedy that reputation.

It’s like no one read my comment. Am I shadowbanned? No one is ever killing late-term abortion-surviving infants.

Does everyone get that?

Those who know the real facts probably are not "getting it." There are indeed cases in which healthy newborns are set aside to die. Worse perhaps, we have prominent political leaders who are in favor of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who know the real facts probably are not "getting it." There are indeed cases in which healthy newborns are set aside to die. Worse perhaps, we have prominent political leaders who are in favor of it.
Give me names, I’ll protest them with you. I don’t believe it for a minute.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Does everyone get that?

Pay attention: late term abortions are only allowed when going through with the birth endangers the life of the mother and the baby is confirmed to be incompatible with life. These are babies that were never going to survive. When they do survive the abortion, they are given comfort care so they are allowed to pass comfortably and with dignity. The bill that the Democrats voted down would have required doctors to go through futile resuscitation efforts making the baby’s final moments horrible, painful, and drawn-out.

The fact that you think there’s a significant element of American representatives who are for the execution of infants says everything about the state of Conservative media today. For crying out loud!
Obviously, you didn't understand the point of my post, so let me make it clear for you:

I don't think that there is any reason for this new bill. I'm stating there is already a law protecting these babies as human beings IF they are killed. I am not saying this is actually happening.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Give me names, I’ll protest them with you. I don’t believe it for a minute.
Governor Northam (D-VA) is no doubt the most prominent of them, but far from the only one. I am surprised you missed the news.
Virginia Gov Ralph Northam Defends Infanticide: “Infant Would be Resuscitated If That’s What the Mother Desired”

Note also that it is not just Northam (who was given several chances to say, after the fact, that he was misrepresented...but stuck by his original view on infanticide). Members of the Democratic delegation in the state legislature introduced bills to carry out the Governor's view. And legislators in other states planned to do the same.

In addition to the six Democratic Senators who are currently running for President, all of whom voted against the bill in Congress that sought to ban infanticide, we may also note that Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg (who is not in Congress) answered a question put to him on the campaign trail in which he supported infanticide as well. And there is more.

So, what form do you think your promised protest against this will take??

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obviously, you didn't understand the point of my post, so let me make it clear for you:

I don't think that there is any reason for this new bill. I'm stating there is already a law protecting these babies as human beings IF they are killed. I am not saying this is actually happening.
I’m glad you spoke up to say that what everyone’s panicking about is already illegal, but no one was acknowledging the other half of the deceit happening here: what the Democrats voted against was a law that would have changed end-of-life procedures for the dying infant from comfort care to futile resuscitation efforts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.