Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yes, please tell me, because I wouldn't know...

21728572_894017337431640_6233410539683105965_o.jpg

• Prayers
Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My fantasy football?

My Texans don't suck! How is that for a fantasy? So,what do I win for having the best fantasy? :sorry:

giphy.gif

The bright side is I wont be able to watch the games this season anyway so.... at least I won't be too upset at missing the games of this eternal punchline of the NFL. (Yes, I love my team but Im burnt out by hope.... only to consistently see a team that isn't prepared enough to be on a peewee field let alone an NFL one . Yes, after last season, I'm a bit jaded.) I wish it were a coach issue or even a player issue.....but nope... I dont see Rick Smith going anywhere anytime soon, sadly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My fantasy football?

My Texans don't suck! How is that for a fantasy? So,what do I win for having the best fantasy? :sorry:

giphy.gif

The bright side is I wont be able to watch the games this season anyway so.... at least I won't be too upset at missing the games of this eternal punchline of the NFL. (Yes, I love my team but Im burnt out by hope.... only to consistently see a team that isn't prepared enough to be on a peewee field let alone an NFL one . Yes, after last season, I'm a bit jaded.) I wish it were a coach issue or even a player issue.....but nope... I dont see Rick Smith going anywhere anytime soon, sadly.
At least Savage was benched. Now you can see what your new QB can do...while Denver re-signed Osweiler....

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At least Savage was benched. Now you can see what your new QB can do...while Denver re-signed Osweiler....
Well, even IF Watson is the upgrade.... its doubtful he is worth two first rounds etc. (Calculating the cost to rid us of Osweiler and to trade up to get him.) I don't hate that Watson is on the team....just think we over paid drastically. Honestly, i thought the "Savage is our man" idea made no sense.

If Savage is our man, WHY give up 2 first rounds? Especially when the QB pool is supposed to be so deep next year (Going off what I hear, I don't watch college ball cause I don't care who wins, same reason I only watch Texan games or games where the outcome effects my Texans.) so to trade all that just to sit the man when "we got our guy" makes the desperation move to get Watson nonsense. (Even though I knew Watson would be starting this season) I understand sitting a QB to learn... but that only REALLY applies IF there is a QB to learn from.... a PM, Brady.... etc. NOT a Savage.

I know its one game, but to be stomped by the Jags so handily (as I have heard, like I said I can't watch the games.)
doesn't leave much hope for the season at all. Honestly as I said, Im jaded after last season so a part of my fandom just doesnt care so the time away will do me some good .... just as long as the Titans don't take the division Im happy for this season.

As for Os....ouch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, even IF Watson is the upgrade.... its doubtful he is worth two first rounds etc. (Calculating the cost to rid us of Osweiler and to trade up to get him.) I don't hate that Watson is on the team....just think we over paid drastically. Honestly, i thought the "Savage is our man" idea made no sense.

If Savage is our man, WHY give up 2 first rounds? Especially when the QB pool is supposed to be so deep next year (Going off what I hear, I don't watch college ball cause I don't care who wins, same reason I only watch Texan games or games where the outcome effects my Texans.) so to trade all that just to sit the man when "we got our guy" makes the desperation move to get Watson nonsense. (Even though I knew Watson would be starting this season) I understand sitting a QB to learn... but that only REALLY applies IF there is a QB to learn from.... a PM, Brady.... etc. NOT a Savage.

I know its one game, but to be stomped by the Jags so handily (as I have heard, like I said I can't watch the games.)
doesn't leave much hope for the season at all. Honestly as I said, Im jaded after last season so a part of my fandom just doesnt care so the time away will do me some good .... just as long as the Titans don't take the division Im happy for this season.

As for Os....ouch.

I guess time will tell about whether or not he was worth the two draft picks, but I get Houston wanting to allow Tom Savage to start. He managed the offense well enough to get into the playoffs last season and actually get a playoff win, and it doesn't normally work out well when a rookie QB starts right off the bat. Really the only reason they got a TD on Watson's first drive was because of multiple automatic 1st down penalties against Jacksonville.

Also, people still look at Jacksonville like they are a joke, but their defense is legit this year. And they have a great running game to boot, so I knew they were going to win some games coming into the season.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess time will tell about whether or not he was worth the two draft picks, but I get Houston wanting to allow Tom Savage to start. He managed the offense well enough to get into the playoffs last season and actually get a playoff win, and it doesn't normally work out well when a rookie QB starts right off the bat. Really the only reason they got a TD on Watson's first drive was because of multiple automatic 1st down penalties against Jacksonville.

Also, people still look at Jacksonville like they are a joke, but their defense is legit this year. And they have a great running game to boot, so I knew they were going to win some games coming into the season.
Again, I understand sitting a rookie QB to learn, but thats only if you have someone that they can be mentored through as they ride the bench.... Tom Savage is NOT going to be your Yoda so sitting Watson is pointless. You have only one option, find out what the rookie has.

IF Tom Savage was your "answer" for the season, there was ZERO reason to desperately seek a QB in the off season by giving up a first draft pick to move up in the draft and getting rid of Os even isn't a needed move. I saw NOTHING last season that said Tom was ready. Its how I knew Watson would see his start this season. I figured Savage would either suck as he has (looking better than Os does not mean good enough to start)..... or he would do mediocre (at best) and get injured.....either way.... Watson would play.

As I said, the support of Watson leans heavily on "He is a winner", but then they also said the same about Vince Young.... :| The man hasn't done anything that even hints at being worth the cost paid for him (Im not saying he is trash, just not sold that he is the long term answer, an upgrade to Savage for sure, but weither that's because there isn't enough game film to study on him to efficiently game plan, if his legs save him cause of our horrible O-line or if he is actually good is yet to be seen. So again...... play him or the off season moves make no sense.

I didnt say they were a joke, but to get run over on both sides in game one and look so clueless against a division rival is a rather bleak sign. You know this. Has nothing to do with the Jaguars, they have ALWAYS played us harder as is the case with MANY teams in the NFL playing against a division rival.

The Titans (as much as I hate them) and Jaguars are improved, everyone knows this. (The Jags have been vastly improved on paper for a couple seasons now but have remained the Jaguars so they only managed to disappoint their fans, its about time they show that talent on the field.) but again..... to be steam rolled on both sides of the ball and be completely unprepared is a Texans tradition. THAT is what angers me, NOT that it was the Jags that beat us.

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, I understand sitting a rookie QB to learn, but thats only if you have someone that they can be mentored through as they ride the bench.... Tom Savage is NOT going to be your Yoda so sitting Watson is pointless. You have only one option, find out what the rookie has.

IF Tom Savage was your "answer" for the season, there was ZERO reason to desperately seek a QB in the off season by giving up a first draft pick to move up in the draft and getting rid of Os even isn't a needed move. I saw NOTHING last season that said Tom was ready. Its how I knew Watson would see his start this season. I figured Savage would either suck as he has (looking better than Os does not mean good enough to start)..... or he would do mediocre (at best) and get injured.....either way.... Watson would play.

As I said, the support of Watson leans heavily on "He is a winner", but then they also said the same about Vince Young.... :| The man hasn't done anything that even hints at being worth the cost paid for him (Im not saying he is trash, just not sold that he is the long term answer, an upgrade to Savage for sure, but weither that's because there isn't enough game film to study on him to efficiently game plan, if his legs save him cause of our horrible O-line or if he is actually good is yet to be seen. So again...... play him or the off season moves make no sense.

I didnt say they were a joke, but to get run over on both sides in game one and look so clueless against a division rival is a rather bleak sign. You know this. Has nothing to do with the Jaguars, they have ALWAYS played us harder as is the case with MANY teams in the NFL playing against a division rival.

The Titans (as much as I hate them) and Jaguars are improved, everyone knows this. (The Jags have been vastly improved on paper for a couple seasons now but have remained the Jaguars so they only managed to disappoint their fans, its about time they show that talent on the field.) but again..... to be steam rolled on both sides of the ball and be completely unprepared is a Texans tradition. THAT is what angers me, NOT that it was the Jags that beat us.

I think they thought Tom Savage was serviceable enough to start out the season with. If Deshaun Watson were that much better he would have won the job in the preseason. And I don't blame them for paying up to pick him. They are in desperate need of a QB, and Deshaun Watson could be the next Dak Prescott, we just don't know. Either way, if he can be reasonably accurate that's a big step up. Their biggest problem on offense right now, though, is injuries. You can't expect a QB to do much when he doesn't have anyone to throw to and he can't stand in the pocket for more than 3 seconds.

They do need work on D, though. I don't think JJ Watt is the player that he used to be, and Clowney hasn't quite been the player they expected when they drafted him. Losing Bouye in the offseason and now Cushing for 10 games does them no favors either. And having to go to Cincinnati on a short week is tough. If they figured out a way to get a win tonight, that would be major cause for celebration.

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Week 2 Results!

@Paulie079 60.84
@SweetCarolina 59.80

@Saucy 118.46
@TX_Matt 100.42

Stark Industries 127.60
@Anthony7 105.48

Muttley's Marauders 89.04
@Strider1002 89.32

Ray's Rebellion 118.30

@YankeeGirl 95.28

Standings!

Stark Industries (2-0)
@Saucy (2-0)
@TX_Matt (1-1)
@Strider1002 (1-1)
Ray's Rebellion (1-1)
Muttley's Marauders (1-1)
@SweetCarolina (1-1)
@Paulie079 (1-1)
@Anthony7 (0-2)
@YankeeGirl (0-2)

Next up!

@Paulie079 vs. Stark Industries
@Saucy vs. @SweetCarolina
Muttley's Marauders vs. @Anthony7
Ray's Rebellion vs. @Strider1002
@YankeeGirl vs. @TX_Matt

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Paulie079 is becoming a Broncos fan! I love it! He has more Broncos than I do! I knew you'd come to your senses eventually :p

Whoa now! I only have like two lol. Not a Siemian believer yet but if he at least plays that way at home, that'll be a plus.

• Haha
Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0