Brandon
✟8,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my first post to this forum. I am 23 years old. I've lived a very blessed life but my mom has lived a very hard one.

My parents divorced when I was 9 and my mom became pregnant about 3 years later with a dead beat one night stand. We had to move into my grandparent house so she could survive raising a child on her own. She was an alcoholic for a long time and at 12 I had to raise my little brother. My dad was in my life and is the main reason I am so strong. I made a very hard decision to live with my dad at 17 because of unrealistic expectations my mom had.

My mom is now 7 years sober. Going back to school. She is a fantastic mother, she is a strong Christian woman and a loving teacher for special needs children.

See my mom had a very hard childhood. There was a lot of verbal and mental abuse from her parents. When she had to move back in with them the nightmare for her never ended. She is now 50 years old and she is still treated like a 14 year old girl by her parents. They are literally horrible people and even though I try over and over to forgive them they seem to be causing my mom and little brother so much pain.

I've tried telling her to move out and she has a couple of times but not only can't afford it but my little brother has no other family besides them. They love my mom and little brother but they're crazy controlling and manipulative. My grandparents hate each other and fight like cats and dogs. It's a really unhealthy environment for my now 12 year old brother.

I feel so lost. I've prayed and my mom has prayed. My little brother is suppose to get baptized tomorrow because he has accepted Christ. But tonight a huge fight broke out. My grandparents are old and mentally unstable and I'm scared for my mom and brother. I've tried to offer help, to move back home to Florida with me, to move out, to pray, to let go, etc.

Tonight I've never felt so horrible for leaving my little brother when I was 17. I was still in his life but I left him to try to take care of myself for a little. Now he's stuck here in this scary very verbally abusive household and I don't know what to do.

I need prayers big time. I know I cant do this by myself.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh sweety God bless you and I hear your pain. I am praying for you and my heart goes out to you :prayer: PLEASE don't carry that guilt and pain, keep your faith in HIM and believe HE will do what you ask of HIM.

b92bb63fbed803d539b99728df509976.gif

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is my first post to this forum. I am 23 years old. I've lived a very blessed life but my mom has lived a very hard one.

My parents divorced when I was 9 and my mom became pregnant about 3 years later with a dead beat one night stand. We had to move into my grandparent house so she could survive raising a child on her own. She was an alcoholic for a long time and at 12 I had to raise my little brother. My dad was in my life and is the main reason I am so strong. I made a very hard decision to live with my dad at 17 because of unrealistic expectations my mom had.

My mom is now 7 years sober. Going back to school. She is a fantastic mother, she is a strong Christian woman and a loving teacher for special needs children.

See my mom had a very hard childhood. There was a lot of verbal and mental abuse from her parents. When she had to move back in with them the nightmare for her never ended. She is now 50 years old and she is still treated like a 14 year old girl by her parents. They are literally horrible people and even though I try over and over to forgive them they seem to be causing my mom and little brother so much pain.

I've tried telling her to move out and she has a couple of times but not only can't afford it but my little brother has no other family besides them. They love my mom and little brother but they're crazy controlling and manipulative. My grandparents hate each other and fight like cats and dogs. It's a really unhealthy environment for my now 12 year old brother.

I feel so lost. I've prayed and my mom has prayed. My little brother is suppose to get baptized tomorrow because he has accepted Christ. But tonight a huge fight broke out. My grandparents are old and mentally unstable and I'm scared for my mom and brother. I've tried to offer help, to move back home to Florida with me, to move out, to pray, to let go, etc.

Tonight I've never felt so horrible for leaving my little brother when I was 17. I was still in his life but I left him to try to take care of myself for a little. Now he's stuck here in this scary very verbally abusive household and I don't know what to do.

Difficult situation. I shall pray for your family child. But I'm glad that all of you are strong in the Lord. Please keep us posted here. God bless :).

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like Satan is deeply active in your grandparents' lives. I will keep all of you guys in my prayers. God sometimes uses difficult and tiring situations to test our faith, and expand our capacity to love the difficult. That said, is there any way that, God willing, your Mother and brother can live with you?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, this family, deliverance from all oppression, and for a victorious life that will bring you glory in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, You know the heart and fears of this one, and all about the people involved in this situation. Some things to pray for are obvious, others are not. In both areas I pray that You will intercede, take control even more than You already have, providing protection where needed, restraint where needed, peace and consolation where needed, and deliverance from these unsettling conditions. May Your children see Your care and provision in all of this, and be drawn even closer to You, growing strong in You, for their benefit, and for the benefit of others You will have them minister too. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CtC

Worship is a Lifestyle
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟195,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord, we put our trust in You. We know You are the rock, our salvation, our redeemer. I pray that You reach out to this family and provide for their needs. God, raise up a hedge of protection around each and every one of them. Bind the devil and any evil thing. Keep this family from harsh words, free them from the destructive controlling behavior, and comfort them with peace and joy! Our faith is in You alone! Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kindlyk

Aug 6, 2017
Brandon
✟8,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My grandma said she would go to counseling. My mother is preparing to find land to move to. I left them today to go back to Florida, everything is okay right now but I pray they stay true to their decisions

Upvote 0