Family Struggles - Niece to Boarding School

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a huge story, hopefully I can break it down effectively.

My wifes brother died of a broken heart 2.5 years ago. His wife had an affair with thier pastor. He left behind a son (now: 20) and two daughters (now: 17 and 13). The son - going to war in Iraq - is full of love and respect. You can tell he was raised by his papa. The two girls - lie, steal, drink and are giving oral sex to the boys. The decision by their mother has definately infected the family with a curse from God. There's sooooo much to it all, I can't begin to explain.

Well, something HUGE happened yesterday. The mother and her father decided to send the 13 yr old to a boarding school in Florida - 3000 miles away from her family. The 13 yr old was kick out of school for oral sex one month ago. My wifes family was doing everything they could to keep her busy - picking her up after school and hanging out with her - being there for her. So the 'other' grandfather sets up the whole boarding school and they come at 6:00 AM on Wednesday and take her away. My brother and father-in-law meet with the otherside of the family to talk about the 13 yr old. They put her on a plane without discussing or asking this side of the family how they feel about it. They knew that we would have a HUGE problem with it, so they did it secretly.

The struggle I'm having is - God ask me to help the mother - cause she's the one that really needs it. I try to find the good in everyone, but her and I had a great conversation on Tuesday night. She called her dad one hour later and said that I chewed her out. She didn't even wait one day to stab me in the back. Now, I want nothing to do with that side of the family and I'm struggling between my feelings and what God has asked me to do.

Do I have any ground to stand on? Doesn't the Lord say that I can choose to avoid someone when they trample on me? Instead of helping, all I want to do is pray for them. I want to tell them, they are no longer welcome in my life - anywhere. I know that I can't shut them out cause then there's no love, but after being stabbed, how do i prevent becoming scornfull and protect my wife and I from their knives?

Thanks - :pray:

forjesus

Humble Servant
Jan 15, 2002
va
Visit site
✟2,344.00
Faith
Christian
It sounds like a bad situation. First of all I would make sure it is God who is telling you to intervene. I think that you have made your effort to help and you see what has happened. I reccomend you continue to pray them and just give them space. my family is in a similar situation with my sister. She is really addicted to drugs and she sells her body, lies, cheats and steals to get them. She has a young daughter who seems to starting down the same road to destruction. I keep my distance from her. She is not welcome in my home. i do not let her around my children. It is not that I don't love her, but that I must protect my kids from that influence as long as possible. I pray for this woman, and her girls. God Bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.