United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note | NBC New York

Let the discussion begin. I think some words are going to have to be recanted.

My personal thoughts, this is not helping the equality cause. Forcing the victim card is a terrible idea, on any front. 1 step foward, 2 steps back. I seriously doubt the fundraising money will be actually be donated.

Reactions: NightHawkeye

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note | NBC New York

Let the discussion begin. I think some words are going to have to be recanted.

My personal thoughts, this is not helping the equality cause. Forcing the victim card is a terrible idea, on any front. 1 step foward, 2 steps back. I seriously doubt the fundraising money will be actually be donated.

In reading the other article provided by abysmul, there are allegations that Morales is a chronic liar. I knew someone like that in school -- someone who'd make up stories for attention, yadda yadda. It's a real shame that this particular story came at the expense of the equality movement, because you're right -- forcing the victim card is a terrible idea.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is just too funny. All the angst and anger and righteous indignation voiced in the original thread by those who instantly supported this woman and her story for no other reason than she was gay and bashed those of us who dared to question and, of course, blamed it on intolerant and bigoted Christians...

Oh, those evil hate driven bigoted intolerant stupid Christians...

Where are you guys now, huh?

From the OP of that first thread, posted by AirPo:

"They've created an international hero. Good for them!"

The created an international liar. And a vast number of people were only too willing to fall for it.

From post number 207 of that thread, posted by Hetta:

"Gotta love how people invent stuff to justify bad behavior."

I'm sorry, who made up what again? Oh, my...

And from post number 329, posted by RedDead1981:

"That this couples actions are being defended makes my stomach turn. Wow. Just... wow."

As it turns out this couples actions were to be lied about and denigrated by an unscrupulous woman with an ax to grind and looking for some undeserved attention.

So maybe I am rubbing it in a bit, but after being called a "homophobic" "bigoted jerk" and accused of "slandering" this waitress in the prior thread, I think I deserve a bit of latitude.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread isn't going away this easily.

Not sure what this means. If the people who defended her admit they were wrong, what more do you want from the conversation?

I defended her. I was wrong.

Upvote 0

Vanilla Scripture

Nov 9, 2013
✟1,215.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We were wrong to trust our belief a gay Marine veteran wouldn't lie.

Now the young woman waitress is responsible for her actions and will answer for them. Hopefully social media and the press will give this latest news as much coverage as what was generated due to her actions initially.

God have mercy.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Now the young woman waitress is responsible for her actions and will answer for them. Hopefully social media and the press will give this latest news as much coverage as what was generated due to her actions initially.

God have mercy.

I imagine they will. With the same level of vetting of sources.

I'd prefer slightly delayed coverage with better confirmation and details being given.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what this means. If the people who defended her admit they were wrong, what more do you want from the conversation?

I defended her. I was wrong.

I appreciate that. However another concern is with all the Christian bashing which went on in that thread. As an example click the link and read post number 530.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7787823-53/

That post was written under the presumption this woman was being targeted by Christians because she was a lesbian, because Christians were intolerant and homophobic. And the above post was certainly not the only example of this assertion. As has now been established the predicate for those sentiments was a lie.

I am wondering why no one has addressed that aspect of the earlier thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate that. However another concern is with all the Christian bashing which went on in that thread. As an example click the link and read post number 530.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7787823-53/

That post was written under the presumption this woman was being targeted by Christians because she was a lesbian, because Christians were intolerant and homophobic. And the above post was certainly not the only example of this assertion. As has now been established the predicate for those sentiments was a lie.

I am wondering why no one has addressed that aspect of the earlier thread.

At least on that I'm innocent. I've pointed out on at least 2 threads that there was no evidence that the family in question was Christian.

BUT it is telling that almost everyone assumed that was the root of the view (be it real or hoax).

Upvote 0

1000Flames

Gloria Perpetua
Jul 27, 2011
USA
✟108,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fascinating. No gay agenda?

This woman doesn't represent the "Gay Agenda" anymore than the Christians in this thread http://www.christianforums.com/t7789692/" represent the "Christian Agenda."

I pray this news group keeps track and follows up to see if this waitress does donate the monies to Wounded Warriors.

If her character is this low it's highly doubtful.

Agreed. Sad state of affairs. There are scumbags of all types.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

God have mercy.

I stayed out of that thread, however the idea that the customer would know the waitress's sexual orientation in the first place seemed highly unlikely.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Harvey Milk, Matthew Shephard, Dayna Morales. Same idea, different severity.

Born that way. Can't change. Equal in everything.

you can't have an honest discussion of the issues when one party keeps lying. But then, sticking with the truth won't get them anywhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.