Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Old movies (which is what i only watch) are plenty to pick from not sure if she is looking for a certain type or not, but here are a few.

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Harvey

The Quite Man

Arsenic and Old Lace

You can't take it with you

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Always a good question! Being somewhat well-versed in comedies, here's a few suggestions:

• Mr. Bean's Holiday--a great British comedy, Holiday here means "vacation", not "Christmas" (it's one of those vernacular differences between England & America). Easily one of the funniest I've seen!
  • Are You Being Served? The Movie--it's a film based on a Britcom of the same name, but you don't need any background knowledge to appreciate it
  • The Trouble With Angels--It's not a Disney movie, but if she likes live-action Disney movies, this one has the same feel as a lot of those. If she's been to a Catholic school run by nuns, I totally recommend it--the rest of us thought it was funny, but with my mom having the Catholic school background, she loved it!
  • Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow--this movie hits a lot of genres, from Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Comedy, and a dash of Romance that doesn't get in the way of the plot. Really not a comedy per se, but it has funny moments throughout. If she likes fantastical movies with a hero character, big battles, amusing spats, and adventure, this is a lot wrapped into one.
  • Night at the Museum--I work at a library, and these movies (there's 3 in the series) are the most commonly checked-out comedies we have. It's been awhile since I watched any of them, but I remember them fondly!

This should give you a good start. And tell her "Happy birthday" for us! :oldthumbsup:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Passion of the Christ.

Ha, kidding.

Hitch is always a good one.
will-smith-get-out.gif

• Haha
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Old movies (which is what i only watch) are plenty to pick from not sure if she is looking for a certain type or not, but here are a few.

The Russians are coming the Russians are coming

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Harvey

The Quite Man

Arsenic and Old Lace

You can't take it with you
Thank you I will pass these suggestions on to her. It's hard to find family-friendly ones these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Mr. Bean's Holiday--a great British comedy, Holiday here means "vacation", not "Christmas" (it's one of those vernacular differences between England & America). Easily one of the funniest I've seen!
  • Are You Being Served? The Movie--it's a film based on a Britcom of the same name, but you don't need any background knowledge to appreciate it
  • The Trouble With Angels--It's not a Disney movie, but if she likes live-action Disney movies, this one has the same feel as a lot of those. If she's been to a Catholic school run by nuns, I totally recommend it--the rest of us thought it was funny, but with my mom having the Catholic school background, she loved it!
  • Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow--this movie hits a lot of genres, from Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Comedy, and a dash of Romance that doesn't get in the way of the plot. Really not a comedy per se, but it has funny moments throughout. If she likes fantastical movies with a hero character, big battles, amusing spats, and adventure, this is a lot wrapped into one.
  • Night at the Museum--I work at a library, and these movies (there's 3 in the series) are the most commonly checked-out comedies we have. It's been awhile since I watched any of them, but I remember them fondly!
This should give you a good start. And tell her "Happy birthday" for us! :oldthumbsup:
I sure will!

The Resurrection of Gavin Stone" is a hilarious Christian movie.

Hitch is always a good one.

Court Jester

So I only gave a thumbs up or a like to all your comments as I have not heard of any of these to review. I'm going to pass this list on to her tonight so she can plan for her 75th. Hopefully this perks her up.

It's also made me think about the future in my milestones what I want to do. So far today my 49th has been a good one.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If she is 75 she probably will remember Court Jester as it was made in 1956.
Possibly. I sent her the list and it sounded like she's seen most of them. She said that she's interested in seeing princess Bride and My Big fat Greek wedding. She's looking through Amazon tonight to see what movies there are.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Possibly. I sent her the list and it sounded like she's seen most of them. She said that she's interested in seeing princess Bride and My Big fat Greek wedding. She's looking through Amazon tonight to see what movies there are.
Definitely Princess Bride is one of my all time favorites for sure.

some like Crocodile Dundee and some don't

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟124,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She may have skipped Lindsey Lohan's Parent Trap if she saw the original. It's a very different movie. Some humor but also heartwarming. I'd throw Santa Claus
Good information that I will have to keep in mind the next time I talk to her.

Wild Mountain Thyme has some sad parts but it is also has some quirky humor.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Upvote 0