Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Family discovers 2,200 preserved fetal remains on Crete property of deceased abortion doctor

Over 2,200 medically preserved fetuses were found on the south suburban property of a deceased doctor who performed abortions.

Dr. Klopfer performed abortions in Indiana for nearly 40 years, running clinics in Fort Wayne, Gary and South Bend before losing his medical license in 2016.

Why Dr. Klopfer did not take care of the remains as medically mandated, and why he chose to store them at home are questions that will likely remain unanswered.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Been seeing this hot and heavy on my local news. I guess he performed abortions in girls as young as 10. Lord have mercy!

Weirdness of this aside, why on earth would you guess that? Also, why on earth is the abortion part you have a problem with for a pregnant 10 year old?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Weirdness of this aside, why on earth would you guess that? Also, why on earth is the abortion part you have a problem with for a pregnant 10 year old?

I think "guess" in this instance was just a colloquial way of speaking.

Dr. Ulrich George Klopfer: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

When he was facing misdemeanor charges for failing to report terminations to the state health department, he told a court about, “…a 10-year-old girl raped by her uncle who he performed an abortion on in an Illinois hospital but didn’t notify police about the child abuse. Instead, he let her go home with her parents, who knew of the rape and refused to prosecute.

Klopfer died at age 75. He began performing abortions in 1974 and it’s reported he terminated 30,000 pregnancies.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think "guess" in this instance was just a colloquial way of speaking.

Dr. Ulrich George Klopfer: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

When he was facing misdemeanor charges for failing to report terminations to the state health department, he told a court about, “…a 10-year-old girl raped by her uncle who he performed an abortion on in an Illinois hospital but didn’t notify police about the child abuse. Instead, he let her go home with her parents, who knew of the rape and refused to prosecute.

Klopfer died at age 75. He began performing abortions in 1974 and it’s reported he terminated 30,000 pregnancies.

Alrighty, the rest of my point stands though. A 10 year old girl gets pregnant through rape and it's the abortion that is highlighted as a "God help us" moment.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alrighty, the rest of my point stands though. A 10 year old girl gets pregnant through rape and it's the abortion that is highlighted as a "God help us" moment.
I think in this case the worst part is that the girl had no one who cared, or would report it, among her family, or this doctor.

• Agree
Reactions: Tanj
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Klopfer was charged in June 2014 with misdemeanor failure to timely file a public report. Indiana state law requires that every abortion performed must be reported with six months but in the case of a procedure performed on a girl 14 and under, the notification must be made within three days. In a 2014 case brought against Klopfer in South Bend by the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office, it was alleged that he performed an abortion on a 13-year-old girl and did not report it for six months.

From the Heavy article cited above.

It appears he did not report things in a timely fashion in another case. This is apparently part of why he lost his license eventually.

I imagine part of the reason for the state to require notification is the high likelyhood that anyone who is that young and pregnant may have been abused.

By not reporting this in more than one case, he not only didn't report abuse, but made it harder for anyone following up to find it.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been seeing this hot and heavy on my local news. I guess he performed abortions in girls as young as 10. Lord have mercy!
I think the worst part is 10 year old's are being repeatedly raped. Not so much the abortion. Their bodies and minds shouldn't have to deal with rapes, pregnancy and being repeatedly raped again. And the betrayal of family members and doctors ,that didn't report this nightmare.

Upvote 0