Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Fantastic reply! :thumbsup:
It was decent reply, well written and answered quite a few things. Though he failed to show a causal or statistical relationship between inappropriate content and negative outcomes thus it is just anecdotal opinion - though I don't deny there may be some negatives for some people (but I would also guess that it is 'dose dependant' to borrow a term from my epidemeology tutes)
That is the way to reply to an atheist.
I don't follow... What is this meant to mean (I could assume a few things, like its a dismissive insult to me, but I'll give you benefit of the doubt.)
Btw, what's an atheist doing on here anyway
I come for the debate forums but occassionally I often stray to areas like 'Regional - AU/NZ', 'Professions - Medical' 'Society - News & Current Events', 'Society - Physical & Life Sciences' etc. etc. Why not? I'm already on the site and I'm almost guaranteed to meet people that have different views (nothing is more boring than a debate where everyone agrees)
and who had the dumb idea to give him the 'brain' (implying that Christians are dumb, blind followers of faith but atheists are intelligent & enlightened)?
lol! Don't blame me, it was there before I joined. Not sure if it was designed by atheists on the board or it was meant to represent our emphasis on science, rationality, logic without actually thinking of what it implied of everyone else. Either way I'm not complaining!

Upvote 0

eyesarebright

Dec 20, 2006
South East Queensland
✟8,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Quoting TGG"And I also do not buy into the lame, one-sided argument that 'inappropriate content degrades women'. Many women who have made inappropriate content have said it makes them feel liberated,"

What an absolute load of rubbish
Most of these women(& men) have come from a place of child sexual abuse, emotional and physical child abuse. Self loathing, drug addiction etc.
Just so you can use them for your own self gradification.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're right I don't have statistics. I only have what I have gone through, and what other Christians have. I only have to look at the way sex is used in mainstream society - human sexuality marketed for products? The product is placed over the value of a person. Everywhere we go, everyone you meet, a question is asked, o what do you do? Lawyer, Accountant, Engineer, Homeless man - does it matter? We are all people. But this world places more value on what someone can do instead of who they are. And in the end, the things they build, the things that man makes - is worthless. When I die - I want my families around me - I couldn't care less about what I've "done" in my life. I couldn't care less what education I got, or what career I've made. A part of me says that inappropriate contentography, or any kind of using of mankind - is wrong. And that part is Christ's. Because as I said before, I have used it before, and it's a battle in most Christian men's lives - that's still why I don't agree with a blanket ban because we are hardly free from this let alone impose it on a world that does not accept Christ.

On the atheist brain thingy - 1Co 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are honorable, but we are despised.

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Statistics dont represent a "Rats". Biblically inappropriate content is wrong. That is what the Bible teaches.
Why on a Christian forum do we have to justify our beliefs to an atheist.(Thats a statement not a question) The bible is our rule book, not our brain. Why is it wrong, simple it demeans women. It teaches sex is an act not part of a relationship.
I dont want to pluck out my eyes.

Upvote 0

norbie

Veteran
Jan 23, 2007
✟9,654.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So what's an adheist here doing anyway.
I come for the debate forums but occassionally I often stray to areas like 'Regional - AU/NZ', 'Professions - Medical' 'Society - News & Current Events', 'Society - Physical & Life Sciences' etc. etc. Why not? I'm already on the site and I'm almost guaranteed to meet people that have different views (nothing is more boring than a debate where everyone agrees)

To the first statement, this is not nice to say at all. And I fully respect our Doctor, I had my controversy dialog with him, but this is part of a forum. And I do accept that he got different views.
Maybe our Christian Community could show him that there would be a better world, if we follow the life manual of Jesus teaching?

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what's an adheist here doing anyway.

To the first statement, this is not nice to say at all. And I fully respect our Doctor, I had my controversy dialog with him, but this is part of a forum. And I do accept that he got different views.
Maybe our Christian Community could show him that there would be a better world, if we follow the life manual of Jesus teaching?

Norbie, he is obviously welcome here, otherwise?
I think most people even understand his position. but
Why cant the good Doctor understand/accept our/my position, other than wanting proof, statistics or reason to justify anything I believe. My beliefs are based on the fact that the bible is correct. Surely over the last two thousand years the teachings of the Bible have proven its relevance even today.
Still looking for proof on evolution am I.

Upvote 0

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
And I fully respect our Doctor, I had my controversy dialog with him, but this is part of a forum. And I do accept that he got different views.
Thx norbie, but you talk me up to much :D - I'm not a doctor yet just a medical student (but it does sound cool to be called Dr! :p), I've got another 4 yrs before I get that title for real!

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The good doctor is allowed to question us and our faith. In fact I believe in 1 Peter 3:15-16
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord, Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those that speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

But Monarchist is right when he says the reason we wouldn't recommend inappropriate content to anyone, and indeed I guess where FF is coming from, is because we are all Christians and we follow the bible. It sounds trivial, I know - but I do believe that as a med student ScMay would be able to appreciate how complicated the human body is and I don't know really how can someone believe that humans evolved from fish or whatever? I mean its a nice theory and all, and still hasn't been substantiated, but it's all a bit too ridiculous.

Besides whilst believing in the Bible may sound more ridiculous, - it isn't. But even if people do think it's ridiculous, my opinion is that to believe that life simply evolved is to believe that life means nothing, but to believe in the gospel is to believe in something quite beautiful. And the fact that beauty is repeated again and again and again in every form in creation - I find it impossible that it's just a coincidence. Coincidence doesn't happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
It sounds trivial, I know - but I do believe that as a med student ScMay would be able to appreciate how complicated the human body is and I don't know really how can someone believe that humans evolved from fish or whatever? I mean its a nice theory and all, and still hasn't been substantiated, but it's all a bit too ridiculous.
I could respond to this but I'd be derailing the topic so I'll just recommend you go to the Creation & Evolution forum we're I and many others (both Theistic evolutionists and Atheistic) can respond. On the topic of FF, does anyone know what their stance is on education and evolution vs creationism?

Upvote 0

John Spong is wrong

Feb 13, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I could respond to this but I'd be derailing the topic so I'll just recommend you go to the Creation & Evolution forum we're I and many others (both Theistic evolutionists and Atheistic) can respond. On the topic of FF, does anyone know what their stance is on education and evolution vs creationism?
They don't get involved in those topics - they are too divisive. Plus, look what happened to Dr Nelson when he recommended ID be taught in public schools. Having said that, I'd like to add that I find the idea of evolution is the biggest pile of intellectual drivel in the history of humankind.

Upvote 0

John Spong is wrong

Feb 13, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟735.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Doesn't surprise me. Sexual perversity is common amongst ultra conservatives.

That said, what he did isn't illegal.

FF need to stop forcing their religious beliefs down the throats of absolutely everyone.
I would have to (sadly) agree with you TigerCub - just look at the (formerly) conservative Ted Haggard, he turned out to be one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Families are part of what God stands for.. A mother, father and children together..

It is under attack in the world especially with gay rights moving across the globe..

Everything God stands for is going to come under fire..

We must pray for this party that they are upheld through this and stand stronger.. We should not condemn the whole party because of one person who fails.. One of satan's motives is to destroy.. He will stop at nothing to infiltrate a movement he sees as a threat to anything that God stands for.. even if it is just family values..

I have no doubt that it was an evil plot to try to destroy the party and what they stand for..

As the days before darker.. I am so glad that Gods light shines brighter.. let us stand for the truth!!

Upvote 0

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Families are part of what God stands for.. A mother, father and children together..

It is under attack in the world especially with gay rights moving across the globe..
I fail to see how giving rights to homosexuals rips heterosexual families appart, there is nothing I can even think of other than the 'god is angry with Australia' tripe some fundies role out.
We should not condemn the whole party because of one person who fails..
Correct, we should condemn the whol party because of its policies and agendas.
I have no doubt that it was an evil plot to try to destroy the party and what they stand for..
Thats some serious paranoia you've got going there, its also a handy copout. He's not bad the devil just made him do bad things, riiiiiigghhhhtttt..... Just throw free-will and accountability out the window when it suits.

The simpler explanation is that just because someone agrees with your opinions what your god thinks about 1 subject doesn't make them agree with everything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

atheliah

Everything God stands for is going to come under fire..

We must pray for this party that they are upheld through this and stand stronger.. We should not condemn the whole party because of one person who fails.. One of satan's motives is to destroy.. He will stop at nothing to infiltrate a movement he sees as a threat to anything that God stands for.. even if it is just family values..

As the days before darker.. I am so glad that Gods light shines brighter.. let us stand for the truth!!

agreed and well said peacechild :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I fail to see how giving rights to homosexuals rips heterosexual families appart, there is nothing I can even think of other than the 'god is angry with Australia' tripe some fundies role out.
Correct, we should condemn the whol party because of its policies and agendas.

Thats some serious paranoia you've got going there, its also a handy copout. He's not bad the devil just made him do bad things, riiiiiigghhhhtttt..... Just throw free-will and accountability out the window when it suits.

The simpler explanation is that just because someone agrees with your opinions what your god thinks about 1 subject doesn't make them agree with everything.
You are welcome to your opinion. Why cant we have ours. Why cant we believe inappropriate content, Homosexuality and Drugs are wrong. When the world accepts pedophilia and we disagree with it are you going to call us "Fundie" agendaists?
I have an opinion and its as valid as yours. If I want to vote for a party that reflects my beliefs, why cant I?
I just love the way you trivialise my beliefs to make yourself look smarter. Weak mate. Weak

Upvote 0

ScMay

Dec 5, 2004
Melbourne
✟951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome to your opinion. Why cant we have ours. Why cant we believe inappropriate content, Homosexuality and Drugs are wrong.
I wasn't aware I had the power to stop you.
When the world accepts pedophilia and we disagree with it are you going to call us "Fundie" agendaists?
Well does anyone have another explanantion for how letting homosexuals have rights affects a heterosexual couples relationship? Other than god dishing out collective punishments thus we should suppress peoples rights based on religious views. (If you hadn't noticed I feel rather strongly about this issue)
I have an opinion and its as valid as yours. If I want to vote for a party that reflects my beliefs, why cant I?
Again, I wasn't aware I could stop you.
I just love the way you trivialise my beliefs to make yourself look smarter. Weak mate. Weak
Get a thicker skin, I critised your beliefs - though I wasn't responding to your post but peacechild4's (which I quoted). The only trivialising i did was of the whole devil conspiracy theory. Regardless, if you find everytime someone disagrees with you its a personal attack it would be wise to stay in areas of the message boards where everyone agrees with you. I challenge people beliefs, this is a good thing because it makes everyone (including myself) think and learn - you must have some rationale for your beliefs (the bible doesn't say gay people break up heterosexual families as far as I'm aware so just saying "i'm chrisitian" needs more explanation), if you don't have any rationale/justification then why believe it (also the act of justifying ones beliefs I have found is very handy in evolving my world view)

Upvote 0

Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No SMcay. You obviously come here to look down on people and pump up your own ego, by putting people down?.
The Bible says Homosexuality is wrong, You are the one suggesting We call them evil or whatever, thats just wrong. I dont understand Gods laws, that doesnt mean they are nor relevant for reasons we cant see. Germs were never understood by the scientists till about 100 years ago. The Jews followed there laws from the Bible and disease was not as common to them as for Gentiles for about 5000 years. Because the OT taught cleanliness.
About 150 years ago here was a Doctor who made other Doctors wash there hands before helping women give birth. Other Doctors couldnt understand why, so they sacked him. Even though child birth mortality rates nose dived. I dont expect you to understand that tho.
We are not paranoid as you infer, we have Christ.
What annoys me is your weak attempt at preaching your human gospel. I am sick of your tired old rhetoric. Its boring. You are boring.
If people dont want to listen to me evangelise, I wont out of courtesy, unfortunately you dont stop. Give it a rest. Get the hint.
I am directly responding to you.
Ignorance is bliss. If you had any understanding of Christianity I would probably be a little less annoyed with your dribble.

Upvote 0