Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I can not figure you, I do not want to call you a bigot or a racist but much of what you say comes of that way...or judgmental and condescending. It sure does not come of Christ like. It is amazing Christ managed to convert thieves and prostitutes' not by judging or being self-righteous…but being there friend. From what I see in Mathew, Mark, John, and Luke Jesus was everything are not. They way you speak (I said it once before) would repel me from wanting to hear about god. Lucky for me I have had a good relationship with god for decades. I am trying to figure out if your intentionally trying to upset people.
I'm not sure where you get racist or bigot from, other than reading into things what isn't there. The fact is that government keepa blacks down through welfare programs, affirmative action and government schools dominated by liberal teachers unions. The media and Hollywood keep blacks enslaved by telling them they have to demonstrate sufficient "blackness" which almost always means glorifying criminals and minimizing basic things that help people get ahead like education, proper English and timeliness. Nonother ethnic group is told to focus on their skin color as much as blacks. You don’t hear of Asians running around trying to prove just how Asian they are.

Blacks have been defined by their skin color for 400 years. They have the ability to move beyond it, I hope they do.

Upvote 0

Nine of Spades

♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤ ♤
Nov 13, 2020
Texas
✟28,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are always two sides to every story. Why wouldn’t you post the cop’s testimony of what really went on?
Uhmmm...why is the cops story "what really went on"? Wouldn't it be more accurate to call his story: "the guy still alive afterwards version of what happened."? Because I'm pretty sure the dead man would probably have told a different story than the guy who killed him told everyone. Of course he doesn't get to tell his side now, does he?
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are always two sides to every story. Why wouldn’t you post the cop’s testimony of what really went on?
Maybe because cops have been caught more than once trying to coverup the corruption in most police. You see while most of us are very much aware of that maybe for every bad cop there is probably 10 good ones the problem is the 10 good ones will cover for the one bad one. I have lived in what would be called The ghetto most of my adult life and I'm white. And I can think of dozens of times I have seen cops beat up harass and several times kill black people. And only one of those cases was someone actually breaking the law. It was at a gas station and a 12-year-old boy I say 12 cuz he didn't look more then 12 or 13 and he pocketed a pack of gum and a cop was in the gas station and saw and slammed him into the floor and dislocated his arm while putting handcuffs on him. That was a white cop by the way. There are no good cops if they're covering up for the bad ones and they've done that for decades. When I was a child I was told if you're in trouble or need help go to the police and I believed that. Do you know the black kid learns that the cops will kill you will beat you up that you should run and hide from them. This has gone on for decades and now that we are in the age of social media there is no hiding from it anymore. From now on when a cop abuses his power he can be 100% certain there is someone with their phone recording him. And he can also count on it being posted on social media. I do not condone the rioting but I've lived in the ghetto most of my life and I fully 100% get it. There's one guy on this server I won't call him out my name but he talks about the black community like he knows them and he doesn't what he knows is all the second hand stories most of which aren't true. You hear about a teenage boy selling drugs on the corner. What you don't hear is the father who wasn't there the mother was several other kids needing food,not being able to get a job or when you do get a job not making enough money to pay the bills buy clothes buy food. You want to solve the problems in the ghetto it's real simple. Education instead of spending all the money in upper class white neighborhoods spend some of it on the ghetto. Bring actual jobs that pay decent wages into the ghetto. No one wants to sell drugs no one wants to be on welfare no one wants to be on food stamps. But people need to survive, and when all the resources go to the middle class upper middle class in Rich and mostly White people this is what you get.

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure where you get racist or bigot from, other than reading into things what isn't there. The fact is that government keepa blacks down through welfare programs, affirmative action and government schools dominated by liberal teachers unions. The media and Hollywood keep blacks enslaved by telling them they have to demonstrate sufficient "blackness" which almost always means glorifying criminals and minimizing basic things that help people get ahead like education, proper English and timeliness. Nonother ethnic group is told to focus on their skin color as much as blacks. You don’t hear of Asians running around trying to prove just how Asian they are.

Blacks have been defined by their skin color for 400 years. They have the ability to move beyond it, I hope they do.
No other race has been treated so horribly. As I've said in other post I've grown up and lived most of my life and what is called the or black communities and there's plenty of white people who live in those communities and we get along with the black people and they get along with us. The difference is we're poor. The difference is I remember being in a gas station when a young black child maybe 12 or 13 pocketed a pack of gum. There was a cop in the store as well he happened to be white he slammed that boy onto the ground and in the process of putting handcuffs on him dislocated his shoulder. It's one of the few times of my life I ever stepped up to a cop. He looked at me and I looked him dead in the face and said hey I'm not black you put your (blank) hands on me I'll see your (blank) in jai. They called 911 the manager said he wasn't going to plus charges and when the mom got there and saw it she almost went after the cop.I've seen plenty of cases like that in Black communities and many times the black kids aren't even breaking the law. It's why when people who are poor or who are black hear people like you we get so infuriated because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The funniest story I remember was when I was young before we move to the city and I lived in a small town and the police pulled over a black man driving a nice vehicle and they harassed him and they slammed him into his car and everything and the very next day they introduced the new Chief of Police and it was the black man. My dad was talking about it dinner and he was laughing because those two policemen got fired. And according to my dad their faces were all bright red when they saw their new boss was the guy they bullied and harassed. You see stuff like this has happened all the time for decades and no one has really done much about it. We now live in the age of social media so when a cop breaks the law now it is being recorded by someone and it will be posted to social media. My brother-in-law is black and he has been beaten up by cops about a dozen times in his life and he's not a criminal he's a factory worker. People talk about all the good cops and how the bad ones are very few. They're all bad cops if a good cop does not do something about the bad ones then they are not good cops. the so-called shield of blue or whatever the heck you want to call it has protected corrupt cops for decades. I do not support or condone the rioting but I understand it you obviously don't. If you had grown up or lived in one of those neighborhoods or most of your life you might understand it

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No other race has been treated so horribly. As I've said in other post I've grown up and lived most of my life and what is called the or black communities and there's plenty of white people who live in those communities and we get along with the black people and they get along with us. The difference is we're poor. The difference is I remember being in a gas station when a young black child maybe 12 or 13 pocketed a pack of gum. There was a cop in the store as well he happened to be white he slammed that boy onto the ground and in the process of putting handcuffs on him dislocated his shoulder. It's one of the few times of my life I ever stepped up to a cop. He looked at me and I looked him dead in the face and said hey I'm not black you put your (blank) hands on me I'll see your (blank) in jai. They called 911 the manager said he wasn't going to plus charges and when the mom got there and saw it she almost went after the cop.I've seen plenty of cases like that in Black communities and many times the black kids aren't even breaking the law. It's why when people who are poor or who are black hear people like you we get so infuriated because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The funniest story I remember was when I was young before we move to the city and I lived in a small town and the police pulled over a black man driving a nice vehicle and they harassed him and they slammed him into his car and everything and the very next day they introduced the new Chief of Police and it was the black man. My dad was talking about it dinner and he was laughing because those two policemen got fired. And according to my dad their faces were all bright red when they saw their new boss was the guy they bullied and harassed. You see stuff like this has happened all the time for decades and no one has really done much about it. We now live in the age of social media so when a cop breaks the law now it is being recorded by someone and it will be posted to social media. My brother-in-law is black and he has been beaten up by cops about a dozen times in his life and he's not a criminal he's a factory worker. People talk about all the good cops and how the bad ones are very few. They're all bad cops if a good cop does not do something about the bad ones then they are not good cops. the so-called shield of blue or whatever the heck you want to call it has protected corrupt cops for decades. I do not support or condone the rioting but I understand it you obviously don't. If you had grown up or lived in one of those neighborhoods or most of your life you might understand it
I don't like the cops, I believe they're heavy handed and arrogant. I am completely opposed to the war on drugs, which has created much of the violence in black communities. Having said that, while black activists and white liberals are screeching about defunding police, black business owners and law abiding citizens are saying no. They want some reforms, they don't want the cops to go away. They know the police protect their communities from even more lawlessness.

There is only one group in America that continues to insist on being defined by their race. Asians don't define themselves by their race, if anything they find the term yellow offensive. They define themselves by their achievements, faith, family etc. White Americans are much the same, skin color plays no role in how we view ourselves. No Asian believes they have to act a certain way to prove how Asian they are, white people are much the same.

Blacks have been told by white liberals and the black activist police that they have to act a certain way to prove how black they are. Nearly all the marks of blackness according to these ensure their continued poverty. It didn't used to be like this, blacks used to define themselves by faith, family and achievement. The Great Society destroyed that in less than a generation.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
well...to be fair people tend to distrust anyone who can kill them for no reason, get a paid vacation for doing so, then have their deaths investigated by the friends and colleagues of the guy who shot them. Maybe the "festering distrust" wasn't created by the media, maybe it's because some of the police don't seem all that trustworthy and how are people supposed to know which ones can be trusted and which ones can't?
tulc(just a thought)

Some cops aren't trust worthy. BUT the media and social media perpetuates a myth making it seem like the problem is bigger than it is.

Police are no different than any other profession. You don't know which people are trust worthy and which are not. You don't know if a doctor is trustworthy until you discover he's not.

Police in general are worth your trust when you look at the totality of police and their actions.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yeah they came charging into his place with a gun he's with his wife or girlfriend. I have a gun someone comes charging into my place in the middle of the night I'm going to act accordingly

And the police are going to respond accordingly. The fact here is the police acted in accordance with the law. Change the law. You cannot fault police for doing something legal.

This was a tragedy of all proportions. Neither Taylor nor her boyfriend nor the police did anything wrong.

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the police are going to respond accordingly. The fact here is the police acted in accordance with the law. Change the law. You cannot fault police for doing something legal.

This was a tragedy of all proportions. Neither Taylor nor her boyfriend nor the police did anything wrong.
The police were at fault the person they were looking for was in custody.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The police were at fault the person they were looking for was in custody.

They did nothing wrong. They had a legal warrant and we're serving it in the legal fashion. The guy acted legally in defending his home, and the police acted legally in defending themselves. I know things will come out of this that will change the way warrants are allowed to be served. But you cannot expect police to act in a way that is legal and then tell them they shouldn't have acted in the way that was legal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some cops aren't trust worthy. BUT the media and social media perpetuates a myth making it seem like the problem is bigger than it is.

Police are no different than any other profession. You don't know which people are trust worthy and which are not. You don't know if a doctor is trustworthy until you discover he's not.

Police in general are worth your trust when you look at the totality of police and their actions.
...how many of those other people can stop you on the street for no reason beat, taser, sic dogs on or shoot you if you don't do what they tell you to do? And then blame you for it because "they feared for their lives"?
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The claims of cops killing unarmed people are grotesquely overblown in light of their limited number. There are around 1000 police homicides per year, a quarter or so are black. The number involving unarmed people is less than 10%. The number unjustified is a handful, usually less than 10-15 annually.

Nearly all of the homicides the media has lached onto in the last few years involved justified homicide. Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, Breanna Taylor, all justified. George Floyd may be as well, heck it might not even be a homicide as he appears to have been suffering a heart attack before he was pinned down.

Point being, while I'm not a huge fan of the cops, they aren't out to kill people. They're out to arrest you and put you in the system before going home to their families. Killing people makes their lives difficult. They aren't hunting down black people, the numbers indicate that they aren't killing blacks at the same level as their violent crime. There may be some poor training in play but when a perp steals your taser, reaches for your gun or points a gun at you what do folks expect cops to do?

Freddie Grey lunged at the cops. If anything he's an example of the problem with the drug war and nothing more.

lol wut? Freddie Grey was running from the cops, not lunging at them and he died after breaking his neck in the back of a police van.

You’re supposedly not a fan of the cops yet somehow your egregious factual errors go in their favor.

• Agree
Reactions: Yoko.52
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
lol wut? Freddie Grey was running from the cops, not lunging at them and he died after breaking his neck in the back of a police van.

You’re supposedly not a fan of the cops yet somehow your egregious factual errors go in their favor.
I confused Eric Garner with Freddie Grey. The latter is merely evidence of poor training.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
...how many of those other people can stop you on the street for no reason beat, taser, sic dogs on or shoot you if you don't do what they tell you to do? And then blame you for it because "they feared for their lives"?
tulc(is just curious)

Yeah this happens all the time. I mean it's rampant right?:sigh:

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah this happens all the time. I mean it's rampant right?:sigh:
It does I live on a predominatly black side of town and I seen over and over and over in the last 20 years. I have seen black people beaten and few times killed and on the kills the police or public were not and danger, they drew down on those people because they were black. I do not support the riots or alot of the PC woke stuff, honestly it just annoys me. But I understand, I was 15 the first time I saw someone killed, and it was cops running after a black kid and shooting him in the back and it did not even make the news. He was not armed he had seen cops and took off, black kids are scared of cops. I have almost know respect for the police. Even if 5% of police acted like the other 95% are just as guilty because they cover for the 5%

• Agree
Reactions: harmonicaman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

harmonicaman

Dec 13, 2020
Northeast USA
✟8,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I've never been in trouble. Maybe a misdemeanor for not having my dog leashed. Most times when I HAD to call the cops - THEY TRIED TO GET ME IN TROUBLE! I've witnessed them lie under oath, they're notorious for busting 'kids' with pot and keeping MOST of it. They DO plant evidence, and they lie a LOT! AND TOO OFTEN they get away with murder!

I'm 66 and have nothing good to say about them. I'm not black, I don't agree with defunding the police, or riots, etc.

Cops are the most arrogant, incompetent cowards I've ever encountered.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It does I live on a predominatly black side of town and I seen over and over and over in the last 20 years

Your profile says your 24 years old. So you've seen this since you were 4 years old ? :doh:

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jim how many people here do you think share there real personal email or personal info. I am little older than 24

So by your own admission, you can't be honest with us even in a Christian forum.

How can we trust anything else you've posted ?

FYI, I served in the Marines in Okinawa back in 1970 and saw racism first hand. However, it wasn't the white men expressing it, but blacks who hated whites so much that groups of black men were jumping white men who were alone and beating them up, just because they were white. I was one of those white men. It only stopped when whites began to protect each other. Of course then we were called the racist.

If not for Christ coming into my life back in 1976, I probably would be still carrying the wounds of racism that were inflicted on me back then.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0