loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Family: Black man shot by deputy held a sandwich, not a gun
Civil rights and FBI investigators will help look into the fatal shooting by an Ohio sheriff’s deputy of a Black man whose family says that he was holding not a gun, but a sandwich, and that he was shot in front of two toddlers and his grandmother while inside his home, not outside it, as authorities assert.
tulc( :sigh: )

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
the gun was recovered at the scene, the sandwich was not.
Even if he had a legal gun, when the cops tell you to drop it you had best drop it. There is obviously more to this story than the AP is giving us.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
One thing that doesn’t add up according to this article is that they say the gun was later recovered. I would expect that if the victim was holding a gun in his hand at the time he was shot that the gun would’ve been confiscated immediately as evidence, not later. This in my opinion seems suspicious.
One thing that doesn’t add up according to this article is that they say the gun was later recovered. I would expect that if the victim was holding a gun in his hand at the time he was shot that the gun would’ve been confiscated immediately as evidence, not later. This in my opinion seems suspicious.
Later isn't defined in the article. In other words, later could be anytime after Goodson was shot be it 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Later isn't defined in the article. In other words, later could be anytime after Goodson was shot be it 5 seconds, 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days.

Typically the term later means it wasn’t recovered immediately. I don’t rule out the possibility of the media trying to inflate the situation tho.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Typically the term later means it wasn’t recovered immediately. I don’t rule out the possibility of the media trying to inflate the situation tho.
I don't know why the term immediately would be used in the context of the article. I didn’t read later to mean any significant length of time.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟874,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know why the term immediately would be used in the context of the article. I didn’t read later to mean any significant length of time.

If the gun was confiscated immediately there would be no question as to whether the man was holding a sandwich or a gun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is the sandwich?

Oh I am sure the already tried-and-convicted racist white cop ate it in order to destroy the evidence. I mean what other possible explanation could there be?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing can actually be said to be clearly understood by way of the article. You have a they say /they say situation in which each they ha a good reason for producing a narrative that favors their interests. According to the article, there is supposed to be one witness that perhaps has no personal stake in this that corroborates a part of the police's story. On the other hand the grandmother's story has been consistent that her grandson was shot in the back as he entered the house. She is on record as calling 911 and telling them that at the time so this is not something she made up after the fact.​

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Oh I am sure the already tried-and-convicted racist white cop ate it in order to destroy the evidence. I mean what other possible explanation could there be?
The claims of cops killing unarmed people are grotesquely overblown in light of their limited number. There are around 1000 police homicides per year, a quarter or so are black. The number involving unarmed people is less than 10%. The number unjustified is a handful, usually less than 10-15 annually.

Nearly all of the homicides the media has lached onto in the last few years involved justified homicide. Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, Breanna Taylor, all justified. George Floyd may be as well, heck it might not even be a homicide as he appears to have been suffering a heart attack before he was pinned down.

Point being, while I'm not a huge fan of the cops, they aren't out to kill people. They're out to arrest you and put you in the system before going home to their families. Killing people makes their lives difficult. They aren't hunting down black people, the numbers indicate that they aren't killing blacks at the same level as their violent crime. There may be some poor training in play but when a perp steals your taser, reaches for your gun or points a gun at you what do folks expect cops to do?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
, Freddie Gray, Breanna Taylor, all justified. (snip)
...seriously? a guy killed because the cops didn't secure him and he died from injuries sustained while being transported and a nurse killed while sleeping in her own bed, those were justified? In that last one shooting up the drywall of the apartment next door was the only thing considered worthy of someone getting charged with. So if all the bullets had ended up in the sleeping nurse no one would have been charged with anything at all. :doh:
tulc(thinks that's a pretty odd "all justified")

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Even if he had a legal gun, when the cops tell you to drop it you had best drop it. There is obviously more to this story than the AP is giving us.
and that is always the case because the liberal media is actively working at dividing the races and festering distrust in the police.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and that is always the case because the liberal media is actively working at dividing the races and festering distrust in the police.
well...to be fair people tend to distrust anyone who can kill them for no reason, get a paid vacation for doing so, then have their deaths investigated by the friends and colleagues of the guy who shot them. Maybe the "festering distrust" wasn't created by the media, maybe it's because some of the police don't seem all that trustworthy and how are people supposed to know which ones can be trusted and which ones can't?
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well...to be fair people tend to distrust anyone who can kill them for no reason, get a paid vacation for doing so, then have their deaths investigated by the friends and colleagues of the guy who shot them. Maybe the "festering distrust" wasn't created by the media, maybe it's because some of the police don't seem all that trustworthy and how are people supposed to know which ones can be trusted and which ones can't?
tulc(just a thought)
I guess would be the same way that the police know who is going to attempt to kill them when they are just doing their job and who is not

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
...seriously? a guy killed because the cops didn't secure him and he died from injuries sustained while being transported and a nurse killed while sleeping in her own bed, those were justified? In that last one shooting up the drywall of the apartment next door was the only thing considered worthy of someone getting charged with. So if all the bullets had ended up in the sleeping nurse no one would have been charged with anything at all. :doh:
tulc(thinks that's a pretty odd "all justified")
Taylor's boyfriend pulled a gun on the police, who fired in response. It is unfortunate that she got caught in the crossfire but what do you want the police to do there, let her boyfriend shoot them?

As for Floyd, he actively resisted arrest as the video makes abundantly clear. The ladies who were with him had no problem with the police because they obeyed the cops. Floyd on the other hand resisted, got in the police car and slid out the other side and pushed back against the cops. He said he couldn't breathe long before Chauvin got on his neck. He was likely having a heart attack, which is what happens when one has lethal dose of fentynl in their system. I chalk up the police response to bad training rather than bad motive.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The story has gotten more complex.

Last evening it was reported that the victim was actually involved in a shootout with another person. It's why the cops were called.

The deputy actually didn't shoot the victim, but he was already shot when he went into his house. The family members inside thought he was shot by the sheriffs deputy, but they had the story wrong.

Anyway, the investigation is still going on and no one should jump to conclusions before it's completed.

Upvote 0