Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there are some, but do I recognize them and never follow them? I am a stroke survivor so my brain doesn't work well sometimes. My old post about repentance. Thanks.
It is difficult to discern what is fact and what is fiction. Studying geometry and trigonometry in high school helped me understand one type of knowledge. Wisdom is much knowledge.

A journalist may need to interview more than one witness before writing about an event as some people will have faulty memories or give false reports on purpose.

A researcher looked for multiple written sources and wanted more recent publications about a subject.

A false prophet may have some of the facts, but rejected a greater body of truth.

• Agree
Reactions: NYH
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 7: 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Hello! Perhaps this passage is relevant. 'By their fruit you will recognise them'.

The real man of God points always to Jesus Christ, gives glory to God alone, without seeking his own glory.

Good point! Glorifying God is good fruit. Also the fruits of the Spirit:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)

God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: Louise15
Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible gives us two test for prophets: does what they predict come to pass, and do they tell people to worship and serve the one true God.

Even modern-day prophets have had to admit that their prophetic predictions are often wrong, and have tried to explain their failures away or come up with excuses, which should be very revealing of their own status as false prophet.

While modern-day prophets may claim to point people to God, looking at their teachings can give us a very different picture. They do not get their main teachings from the Bible, but from their own revelations and experiences.

Are their any particular prophets you're concerned about?

• Agree
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0