small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
More and more we are getting false news stories from sources that claim to be reputable:

'Allahu akbar’-chanting mob sets alight Germany’s oldest church? Shocking story, if it were true.

BERLIN — It was every God-fearing Christian’s worst nightmare about Muslim refugees. “Revealed,” the Breitbart News headline screamed, “1,000-Man Mob Attack Police, Set Germany’s Oldest Church Alight on New Year’s Eve.”

The only problem: Police say that’s not what happened that night in the western city of Dortmund.

Full story at ‘Allahu akbar’-chanting mob sets alight Germany’s oldest church? Shocking story, if it were true.

What has happened to responsible honest journalism?

Last edited:

JackRT

Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The witch-hunt for false news basically boils down to censorship. The mainstream media, such as Clinton News Network, will be lauded while the more dependable alt news sources shut down. Tragic.

Not being a USAnian I am unfamiliar with the Clinton News Network. I'm guessing that Breitbart is part of this network.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure the usual suspects where outraged over this and posting furiously on social media. Probably blaming Obama and saying that Trump would put a stop to that immediately.
And what happened? Trump was so successfull that it never happened in the first place!

Truly a miracle of Emperor Trump! By the holy golden toupee on Terra!

462.jpg

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not being a USAnian I am unfamiliar with the Clinton News Network. I'm guessing that Breitbart is part of this network.

And I'm unfamiliar with what a "USAnian" is. Did you perhaps mean American?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
And I'm unfamiliar with what a "USAnian" is. Did you perhaps mean American?
USAian is the same as American, I think it partly comes from the idea that any inhabitant of North and South America is technically American, much like French and Moldovan people are European. And thus you have a United States of American, but USAian is easier to write. :D

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The witch-hunt for false news basically boils down to censorship. The mainstream media, such as Clinton News Network, will be lauded while the more dependable alt news sources shut down. Tragic.

Yeah, because the world needs more fake news. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Americans include about 35 nations from Canada to Chile. So yes, USAnians are Americans too.

No, citizens of Canada are Canadians and citizens of Chile are Chileans. Citizens of the U.S. are Americans. "USAnians" is not a word.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,914.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yep. There's only one country whose name has America in it and from which their demonym derives.
Would you call a person from south africa an african?

Upvote 0