• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

False conversion

Discussion in 'Missions, Evangelism & Witnessing' started by Psalm 27, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Psalm 27

Psalm 27 Well-Known Member

+355
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Many do.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. SabbathBlessings

SabbathBlessings Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,560
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Would you mind quoting the two new commandments you are referring to? I don’t want to assume anything.

3. SabbathBlessings

+2,560
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Sorry if I assumed incorrectly, I was the only one who quoted James so I thought you were responding to what I posted.

Do you think obeying God’s law means you don’t have a need for a Savior? Sorry if I don’t understand what you are referring to and I try not to make assumptions. Thanks in advance for clarifying! :)

4. Psalm 27

+355
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Matthew 22:34
    But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
    37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

5. Psalm 27

+355
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    :)

6. SabbathBlessings

+2,560
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I think this follows along the lines of your topic. Having faith, but doing the will of man and not the will of God. Even the demons believe in God, but what does having faith mean? Faith does not void out the law of God but it establishes the law. Romans 3:31

True repentance means turning from sin and obeying God. That does not mean if we slip and fall we don’t have an Advocate with Jesus who will forgive us, but its being okay living in perpetual sin and not trying to gain victory over sin is the problem. Sin does not come from God, God would never ask us to do something we can’t do, nor does He leave it all up to us for those who want to obey. John 14:15-18

7. SabbathBlessings

+2,560
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    That’s what I thought and thanks for clarifying :) Did you know Jesus was quoting from the Old Testament and these are not new commandments?

Deuteronomy 6:5 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Leviticus 19:18 but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

These commands do not delete the Ten Commandments, they hang on all the Law and the Prophets. The first 4 commandments personally written by God teach us how to love God and the last six written on the second tablet written personally by God is how we are to love our neighbor. These laws placed in the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy of the Temple of God, are now written in our hearts and is also revealed in heaven. Revelation 11:19

God bless!

8. Psalm 27

+355
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private

9. SabbathBlessings

+2,560
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Everything we have is because of God, which includes our faith, our obedience to Him and deliverance from sin. It’s up to us to accept or not accept this gift by being doers of the Word.

God bless!

10. RJ Howard

RJ Howard Wascawwy Wabbit

+57
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I am not one hundred percent sure if I'm converted but I have gone for the whole year of 2022 so far without committing a certain sin that I was frequently doing. I have continued to thank God for giving me the strength to resist the temptation.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Psalm 27

+355
    United Kingdom
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Glory to The Lord :)
    1 Thess. 5:23
    Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you [both of us] completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022