• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Falling from God

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recently, I've had thoughts of falling away from God and ending up departed from Him. Like I won't even be able to control it.... and I was bound and destined to be in Hell, away from God. Have you ever been so close to God ad feel like your going to screw up or just... fall away from His grace. Never really thought about this until today and now it started to bug me... Have any of you had these irrational thoughts before? Sort of worries me...

Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bless your heart. Yes I have had these sought of thoughts. Keep holding onto Gods promises and not feelings thoughts or doubts. The temptation is to doubt that God will keep us spiritually safe. The truth is He will He will not let you go ever. He will never leave you or forsake you. The moment you asked Jesus to save you he did and no one or nothing can ever snatch you out of Gods hand. It is Gods responsibility to save not ours. Keep resting in Him. Say out loud each day who you are in Christ. There is power in confessing Gods word out loud. Google who I am in Christ. God loves you. Praying for you

Upvote 0

kodadog1024

Aug 17, 2011
✟10,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not burning perse, but in complete darkness ans silence, far, far away from God and shut completely out... More like "screwing up" and not believing enough or just turning away from Him. And then I think, what if I am destined to turn away from God and just end up in Hell anyways... It's a battle of thoughts sometimes.

Upvote 0

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look if your feeling like maybe your not doing enough,feeling enough ect. Then you have it all wrong. Its not about what we do,feel,say ect. Gods grace saves us. Listen the fact that you want to be saved and know your lost condition is proof God is drawing you to Himself. In the bible Jesus tells us NO ONE CAN COME TO ME UNLESS MY FATHER WHO SENT ME DRAWS THEM. what Jesus is telling us is that when we were born , we were born sinners,our heart was dark so dark and decietful that we didnt even realize we were lost. Our hearts were so hard we didnt even want a relationship with God, we werent seeking salvation,.....So if you want to be saved and know your a sinner then God is drawing you to Himself and the Holy Spirit has convicted you of your sin. No one sees that truth out of there own human ability only God can do that. Gods grace its all Gods grace Hes drawing you. There is also a promise in the bible that is one of the sweetest. JESUS WONT CAST OUT ANY WHO COME TO HIM! Why? Because it was God and His grace that drew you to ask Jesus to save you! ISNT THAT AWESOME. ..... now the fears your having could be a couple of things, uneducated on what the bible says, not realizing who you are in Christ, still not trusting that Jesus has saved you ect. But the good news on that is God is faithful when we are faithless. Now start reading the bible, pray for wisdom, praise God, go to a good church , praying for you.... if you asked Jesus into your heart and to save you then know He did! Hes faithful

Upvote 0

Savedd

Feb 18, 2014
✟7,690.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The key thing about christianity is that Jesus did all the work. Why would He have died for us if our righteousnouss could save us. It is everywhere said that we are saved by what Jesus has done on the cross, not of us. So just chill out and feel good about yourself. It's okay if you fall twice of three or thousands times. Jesus paid it all. All you gotta do is to confess and have faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 14, 2010
✟8,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not burning perse, but in complete darkness ans silence, far, far away from God and shut completely out... More like "screwing up" and not believing enough or just turning away from Him. And then I think, what if I am destined to turn away from God and just end up in Hell anyways... It's a battle of thoughts sometimes.

Just rememebrer Kdadog that God is greater then our doubts, greater then our darkness and greater then our feelings. I would bet my bottom dollar that God is so proud of you, so proud that you have had this great burden of a Cross (OCD) to bare and you still kept reaching to him.

I bet heaven is joyous over you :)

Upvote 0