Charlottesville, VA
✟15,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I have an assignment on the topic of what it means for humans to have faith despite their faults looking particularly at Hebrews 11. The context of Hebrews 11 has the idea of encouraging persecuted Christians to continue having faith in God by giving examples of how people in the Old Testament had faith. These people were deeply flawed as can be seen by Abraham deceiving Abimelech into believing his wife was his sister, Noah being drunken and naked, Rahab being a harlot, and Moses disobeying God by striking a rock instead of speaking to it, to name a few examples. This is the context of which I will present this topic. Do any of you have any further ideas, articles, or books to recommend?

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd only say (taking Abraham as an example) faith is something that matures with us where we rely less and less on our own resources and more and more on His faithfulness. Abraham made a number of blunders starting out but he grew in faith (by grace) to the point where he was willing to offer his only son, holding to the promise (not by sight) that God would deliver on His promise that his seed would be more numerous than the sand on the sea.

2 Peter 3:18 (KJV) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0