Fallen from Grace completely? Does God still listen?

spmkde

Nov 24, 2020
Rheinland-Pfalz
✟15,737.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello guys, I have a question on "the point of no return" for us humans on a soul level - if there is such a concept.

I have sinned many, many times starting mid 2019. Primarily by letting false facts slip out of my mouth without verifying / talking bad about people (even close family) / putting out promises that I can't keep and finally displaying an attitude of pride and arrogance.

Now I can sort of really feel the grips of the devil - who seduced me over this time - and I sense a rough future coming my way. God has tried to talk to me in many ways over the time, but I wasn't open. Only in hindsight I see all the missed exits from this highway to hell.

My question now is:

a) After all .. Can there be a point in time when a human person has used up all grace and is now 100% in the grips of the devil?

b) Given that there is such a point, does God still reach out for you or is it "game over"?

c) In the afterlife, is such a soul punished eternally and closed off from salvation or is there a way back?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul was called back after assisting the murder of many christians...

There is always mercy if we truely repent.

But it is all or nothing - dying to self is essential.

What is there to fear by putting you whole life into the hands of a Loving God?

He will make a much better job of your life than you have...

Jesus is waiting for you.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello guys, I have a question on "the point of no return" for us humans on a soul level - if there is such a concept.

I have sinned many, many times starting mid 2019. Primarily by letting false facts slip out of my mouth without verifying / talking bad about people (even close family) / putting out promises that I can't keep and finally displaying an attitude of pride and arrogance.

Now I can sort of really feel the grips of the devil - who seduced me over this time - and I sense a rough future coming my way. God has tried to talk to me in many ways over the time, but I wasn't open. Only in hindsight I see all the missed exits from this highway to hell.

My question now is:

a) After all .. Can there be a point in time when a human person has used up all grace and is now 100% in the grips of the devil?

b) Given that there is such a point, does God still reach out for you or is it "game over"?

c) In the afterlife, is such a soul punished eternally and closed off from salvation or is there a way back?
Luther said; "First, God has promised certainly His grace to the humbled: that is, to the self-deploring and despairing. But a man cannot be thoroughly humbled, until he comes to know that his salvation is utterly beyond his own powers, counsel, endeavours, will, and works, and absolutely depending on the will, counsel, pleasure, and work of another, that is, of God only. For if, as long as he has any persuasion that he can do even the least thing himself towards his own salvation, he retain a confidence in himself and do not utterly despair in himself, so long he is not humbled before God; but he proposes to himself some place, some time, or some work, whereby he may at length attain unto salvation. But he who hesitates not to depend wholly upon the good-will of God, he totally despairs in himself, chooses nothing for himself, but waits for God to work in him; and such an one, is the nearest unto grace, that he might be saved."

Martin Luther. The Bondage of the Will.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My question now is:

no , once you get sealed with Holy Spirit you can't go to hell or any of that sort
Yes God can punish you , yes there is point of no return simply God takes your life away sooner
There is 2nd resurrection of the damned at the end when all damned are resurrected and judged then punished by lake of fire no return

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just swim against the current that entraped you with prayer, have faith that God has mercy and doesn't get scared by 'how evil you are', just pray and seek, do the best you can and God will respond, God restores people.

"Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,366.00
Faith
Atheist

My question now is:

You probably should have posted this the Christians-Only group of sub-forums.

Now for the atheist-y stuff: 1) There are no gods; ergo, 2) there is no sin; ergo, 3) there is no line to cross. Now go forth and be good to your fellow man while you may.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You probably should have posted this the Christians-Only group of sub-forums.

Now for the atheist-y stuff: 1) There are no gods; ergo, 2) there is no sin; ergo, 3) there is no line to cross. Now go forth and be good to your fellow man while you may.

You could just not respond to the thread, you know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone who has the wherewithal to ask this question (a and b) has not reached that point of no return. (C) was only for those Israelites who died prior to the advent of the Messiah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0