Egg Harbor City
✟17,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning of the year I felt I woke up out of no where in a what I thought healthy loving marriage. No red flags to say the least. That one morning I felt nothing. Besides not feeling love utter depression followed. I couldnt even feel a loving hug from our 7 year old son.For months to come I screamed and cried to be delivered from this pain. I felt I was in sucvh a dark hole there was no way out. I know though deep down to keep praying... month after month. Long story short I cant recall the day but I felt some feeling of hope. God started to talk to me. There was so much sin within me that the only way to make me hole again was to break me completely down. I wasnt putting God first at all. I was selfish, prideful, a drinker (thinking because I worked out it was ok! ugh) Never satisfied looking for the next best thing. I remembered praying though how I wanted to be more simple, happy where I am, a stronger marriage, for God to help my husband in faith even if he had to use me! Oh and how he did. My husband now seeks God and has seen our pastor! I no longer drink, I do not walk around spiteful, jealous, bitter... the list goes on. It wasnt about everything else around me that needed to be fixed. It was me. Not that I'm coming out of this season I know he wants me to work at it this time. Its not just handed to me. I took advantage of the love I had before and never took care of it. We were built on sand. I was brought to nothing so that God could completely rebuild me, my husband and us again. Now our love is growing, healing is happening and God is moving mountains. I would have anxiety panic and fear all day long. Gods love is so healing! Our marriage is now sitting on solid ground, we are watering our own grass, planting seeds of strength and love through God. I never ever thought my prayer would be answered at first so painfully but in order to get us to where God wants us and our marriage we had to be put through the fire. I'm so thankful for our Lord for not only did he save my marriage but he saved us. Nothing is too far gone for our God is faithful!!! I'll never give up. I want to experience all Gods plans in my life, my marriage and family. May our love continue to grow more then I could ever imagine. A marriage of a lifetime and hope for others that we may draw them near to Christ through this season

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a powerful testimony Cassie, your story and mine has some similarities, we may not thank God at the time for breaking us down but if it's the only way to bring us to him to be built up by him again he will do it all right. I'm so happy you prayed when you did, sometimes some of us leave it too late over and over again, losing relationship after relationship, others never get there at all in this life, you had the wisdom in your darkest hour, well done!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning of the year I felt I woke up out of no where in a what I thought healthy loving marriage. No red flags to say the least. That one morning I felt nothing. Besides not feeling love utter depression followed. I couldnt even feel a loving hug from our 7 year old son.For months to come I screamed and cried to be delivered from this pain. I felt I was in sucvh a dark hole there was no way out. I know though deep down to keep praying... month after month. Long story short I cant recall the day but I felt some feeling of hope. God started to talk to me. There was so much sin within me that the only way to make me hole again was to break me completely down. I wasnt putting God first at all. I was selfish, prideful, a drinker (thinking because I worked out it was ok! ugh) Never satisfied looking for the next best thing. I remembered praying though how I wanted to be more simple, happy where I am, a stronger marriage, for God to help my husband in faith even if he had to use me! Oh and how he did. My husband now seeks God and has seen our pastor! I no longer drink, I do not walk around spiteful, jealous, bitter... the list goes on. It wasnt about everything else around me that needed to be fixed. It was me. Not that I'm coming out of this season I know he wants me to work at it this time. Its not just handed to me. I took advantage of the love I had before and never took care of it. We were built on sand. I was brought to nothing so that God could completely rebuild me, my husband and us again. Now our love is growing, healing is happening and God is moving mountains. I would have anxiety panic and fear all day long. Gods love is so healing! Our marriage is now sitting on solid ground, we are watering our own grass, planting seeds of strength and love through God. I never ever thought my prayer would be answered at first so painfully but in order to get us to where God wants us and our marriage we had to be put through the fire. I'm so thankful for our Lord for not only did he save my marriage but he saved us. Nothing is too far gone for our God is faithful!!! I'll never give up. I want to experience all Gods plans in my life, my marriage and family. May our love continue to grow more then I could ever imagine. A marriage of a lifetime and hope for others that we may draw them near to Christ through this season

Dear Cassie,
I am delighted to know God is working mightily in you and your husband and how He draws you in stronger marriage. Such love is beautiful. Hold it fast. Keep continuing to build this love.

Keep doing this good works in His love.

Upvote 0

Cassie Gardner

Nov 8, 2020
Egg Harbor City
✟17,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a powerful testimony Cassie, your story and mine has some similarities, we may not thank God at the time for breaking us down but if it's the only way to bring us to him to be built up by him again he will do it all right. I'm so happy you prayed when you did, sometimes some of us leave it too late over and over again, losing relationship after relationship, others never get there at all in this life, you had the wisdom in your darkest hour, well done!
Thank you so much! God has still drawn me closer since this post. I feel so much more confident and powerful in prayer. I've been praying for marriages around me and they are coming back together! I went down on my knees in my kitchen the other day so thankful for how he's healing marriages and families. I'm more thankful that our children get to witness his works and power within us and our faith. I'm forever changed and I give all the glory and victory back to him.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What a beautiful testimony, thank God for His work in your life! God bless you

Upvote 0