✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 14:23 (NASB)
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

“whatever is not from faith is sin”

Faith in our lives is called to be the thing that distinguishes us from all else.

Knowledge of scripture is not faith. Faith is faith, and knowledge is knowledge. Faith may proceed from knowledge, and knowledge proceed from experience, but they are all to the growing of that which is the end game; our faith.

It is our faith in God that is to be the strength of our lives. The very heart or center, the dividing line between that which is sin, and that which isn’t. Faith or sin. The two categories of all things. Faith or sin.

Whatever is not one is the other.

Having faith in God;

In, by, from, and for all things. For God is God, and God is good, and we are not. If it is not God, it is not good. If it is not good, it is sin. Sin we can produce on our own, good we can not. So faith takes the place of the good we can not produce on our own. Whatever is not from faith is sin. Which is as much as saying if it’s from us or self, it’s sin. A looking away from ourselves to the source of all good is what is called for. For the just shall live by faith, this isn’t a one time faith and now were back to the limitations of that which we can do.

The just shall live by looking off to another all the days of their lives. Through that which they understand or that which they don’t. This faith we are called to is to be the ever present center or door that opens up the working of God in our lives. For God has simplified it down to the two, faith or sin. Whatever is not one is the other. The joy and peace and security there is in believing and having faith in God. Having faith in this one Who is good. Having faith that the good and righteous and loving thing exists and it is a embodied in a Person and this Person has a name and this Person’s heart is toward us. So to the getting to know this Person personally is that which causes our faith to grow. For when we know this One who is good, and we see that all else is not good, the good and honest heart longs to be joined with this one Who is good. For we have all been called to the good, let us answer the call with good and honest and open hearts knowing that if it’s not, faith, it’s sin.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if it’s from us or self, it’s sin.
"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, faith will have us personally submitting to how our Heavenly Father rules us in His own peace. We are not to trust any thinking or decision or concern or feeling or desire or emotion which is not in the personal ruling of God's peace in our "hearts".

In this case, when I wake up in the morning, I need to trust God to make me the way His peace makes us submissive to Him, then discover how He has me seeing things, how He has me pray for people, and all else He has me doing, today.

So, yes I do keep needing more and more correction > Hebrews 12:4-14.

And we are talking about "faith working through love" (in Galatians 5:6). This love is God's all-loving love > "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" Jesus says in Matthew 5:46. Therefore, selfish picky choosy love is sin. Faith has us seeking to love like Jesus, and our Apostle Paul tells us to do this >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the focus of the passage is mostly about doing actions that cause a brother to stumble in their faith way. At the time there was much contention about the dietary laws.

Since now there is no more condemnation for the saint who sins it would be best to avoid actions that are explicitly sin or that your brother is not sure of.

1Th. 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

• Agree
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Romans 14:23 (NASB)
But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

“whatever is not from faith is sin”

Faith in our lives is called to be the thing that distinguishes us from all else.

Knowledge of scripture is not faith. Faith is faith, and knowledge is knowledge. Faith may proceed from knowledge, and knowledge proceed from experience, but they are all to the growing of that which is the end game; our faith.

It is our faith in God that is to be the strength of our lives. The very heart or center, the dividing line between that which is sin, and that which isn’t. Faith or sin. The two categories of all things. Faith or sin.

Whatever is not one is the other.

Having faith in God;

In, by, from, and for all things. For God is God, and God is good, and we are not. If it is not God, it is not good. If it is not good, it is sin. Sin we can produce on our own, good we can not. So faith takes the place of the good we can not produce on our own. Whatever is not from faith is sin. Which is as much as saying if it’s from us or self, it’s sin. A looking away from ourselves to the source of all good is what is called for. For the just shall live by faith, this isn’t a one time faith and now were back to the limitations of that which we can do.

The just shall live by looking off to another all the days of their lives. Through that which they understand or that which they don’t. This faith we are called to is to be the ever present center or door that opens up the working of God in our lives. For God has simplified it down to the two, faith or sin. Whatever is not one is the other. The joy and peace and security there is in believing and having faith in God. Having faith in this one Who is good. Having faith that the good and righteous and loving thing exists and it is a embodied in a Person and this Person has a name and this Person’s heart is toward us. So to the getting to know this Person personally is that which causes our faith to grow. For when we know this One who is good, and we see that all else is not good, the good and honest heart longs to be joined with this one Who is good. For we have all been called to the good, let us answer the call with good and honest and open hearts knowing that if it’s not, faith, it’s sin.

Blessings,

Brother, so good to see you again. When I read your post, I suspected that many would question is indeed what you say is true. Because we, for the most part, are still operating in our old nature, we see sins as actions we do. We do not think of a clear-cut black or white... sin. or faith.... but a myriad of shades of grey. Thus we see it as impossible to walk with no gray at all.

But there is no gray if we are walking in faith, trusting that we have new natures, pure light living within us.... Jesus Himself. We assume that if we are not perfect and free of defects on the outside, we cannot possibly be so on the inside. We are wrong.

We are still operating under the same mistaken assumption that our sanctification works from the outside to the inside. We try to clean our outer cup, but never make true progress, so all hopes of walking in real holiness flee away. Sadly, those who can make a fair show in the flesh become proud, thinking that their supreme efforts have conquered their flesh.

Andrew Murray once said that the hardest sin to overcome is religious pride. How true. But praise God, He has made a new way for us, from the inside out!

Our good fight of faith is to believe that Christ is no longer with us, but in us. And as we hold up our shield of faith that we truly are new creatures, pure and holy on the inside, to our amazement and delight we discover that God's holy nature begins to grow and work its way outward.

Excellent post, dear friend.

Gideon

Upvote 0

imMD

Jun 18, 2019
California
✟17,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our good fight of faith is to believe that Christ is no longer with us, but in us. And as we hold up our shield of faith that we truly are new creatures, pure and holy on the inside, to our amazement and delight we discover that God's holy nature begins to grow and work its way outward.

Amen, Gideon!

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, faith will have us personally submitting to how our Heavenly Father rules us in His own peace. We are not to trust any thinking or decision or concern or feeling or desire or emotion which is not in the personal ruling of God's peace in our "hearts".

In this case, when I wake up in the morning, I need to trust God to make me the way His peace makes us submissive to Him, then discover how He has me seeing things, how He has me pray for people, and all else He has me doing, today.

So, yes I do keep needing more and more correction > Hebrews 12:4-14.

And we are talking about "faith working through love" (in Galatians 5:6). This love is God's all-loving love > "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" Jesus says in Matthew 5:46. Therefore, selfish picky choosy love is sin. Faith has us seeking to love like Jesus, and our Apostle Paul tells us to do this >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Colossians 3:15 puts forth such a great truth. Blessed are those that are open to the truth it puts forth.

For being taught inwardly by God is how God would have us all learn.

Blessings

I think the focus of the passage is mostly about doing actions that cause a brother to stumble in their faith way. At the time there was much contention about the dietary laws.

Since now there is no more condemnation for the saint who sins it would be best to avoid actions that are explicitly sin or that your brother is not sure of.

1Th. 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Scripture does say, that love does no harm, so many blessings as we learn this truth by experience.

Blessings,

I love your posts, Not me. Take care. God be with you, friend.

Thank you so much my fellow laborer in Christ.

That today we might know Him more than yesterday, and tomorrow even greater still.

Blessings,

Brother, so good to see you again. When I read your post, I suspected that many would question is indeed what you say is true. Because we, for the most part, are still operating in our old nature, we see sins as actions we do. We do not think of a clear-cut black or white... sin. or faith.... but a myriad of shades of grey. Thus we see it as impossible to walk with no gray at all.

But there is no gray if we are walking in faith, trusting that we have new natures, pure light living within us.... Jesus Himself. We assume that if we are not perfect and free of defects on the outside, we cannot possibly be so on the inside. We are wrong.

We are still operating under the same mistaken assumption that our sanctification works from the outside to the inside. We try to clean our outer cup, but never make true progress, so all hopes of walking in real holiness flee away. Sadly, those who can make a fair show in the flesh become proud, thinking that their supreme efforts have conquered their flesh.

Andrew Murray once said that the hardest sin to overcome is religious pride. How true. But praise God, He has made a new way for us, from the inside out!

Excellent post, dear friend.

Gideon

Thanks also so much Gids.

It is absolutely true, God is so good and is teaching us all. That this teaching, of us being dead in Christ, would become life in our innermost being, so as scripture says, Christ would be so written in our heart that He could be read by all man.

Blessings as this prayer becomes our very life, that by experience, with might know this truth each and every day, in a deeper and deeper way.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0