✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith is what overcomes sin….

No amount of self-effort will cause self to stop its sinning, for its sinning is in its functioning…

God, knowing this, He therefore put it to death on the cross with Christ to stop its functioning… It is man that does not know this and needs to be brought to see and experience the truth of it… For until he does, God will let man work himself up, trying to cause himself to stop himself from doing that which comes naturally…. That being an impossibility, God lets man struggle until he gives up, and stops looking to his own will and starts looking Heavenward for a Savior..

Then as he sees how faith is the only thing that can look Heavenward, an absolute trusting in God being the only thing left, for he has tried all else, and has seen the futility of his efforts… Then, as he try’s faith and tastes by experience, that faith in God is the only tool he needs to experience God.. Then he sees that all else has been but a distraction and a getting in the way of that one thing that will work to set him free from himself, that being, the faith that is willing to look Heavenward to do for it what it can not do for itself…

This moment by moment repentance from itself, this moment by moment turning from all that it is, to God is that one thing that will work, that does work, that will always work, the absolute impossibility of it ever not working, for it has the death of Christ as its foundation…. This faith in God to do in one what one can not do for oneself… The work then becomes, to have the faith to stay looking to God, with one’s eyes fixed Heavenward, for the salvation that he has learned by experience, can only come from no where, but from above…

For scripture says;

‘if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body’

Meaning,,,

‘if by faith you put to death the deeds of the body’,

For the looking away from him who can’t, to Him who can, being the faith that overcomes sin, for to the degree of one’s looking, will be the degree of one’s walking in newness of life….

The issue being, man thinks he understands this truth because he mentally consents to it, it makes sense in his brain, so therefore he thinks he has all there can be had from this truth because of that consenting… But this truth, as with all truths, there is a difference between mentally agreeing with the truth of a statement and the experiencing of a truth…. One can read books and maps about a thing, yet be still a great distance from that thing, being, the mental image of a thing being different from the thing itself…

Scripture puts this truth forward as ‘be doer’s not hearer’s only, deluding yourself’, dividing the knowledge of the something, from the possessor’s of the something…. Even to the point of putting forth the caution, that because of this truth, some will delude themselves thinking that because they know, they have…

Our salvation is the manifestation of Christ in us, this is the only true test of whether someone knows by knowledge or by experience… If Christ is not seen, not tasted in one, that one, regardless of words or position is still a hearer of the truths they profess… For even Paul himself said, judge me according to the Christ you see in me, as so it should be with all…

For the knowing of Christ is the manifesting of Christ, all else is but one trying to climb over the fence rather then through the gate… Which is something that all try to do therefore does God let one struggle until one sees the futility of it, then faith steps in and produces its fruit…

For the new birth is the all of one’s salvation, the growing of this new creation, is in the struggle of faith to produce its fruit….

Unto Him who teaches with His eye on those that are His…

To the growing in Him, Not me

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi not here to debate.. thanks but... I understand faith.. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Yet in Rom 8 "faith" unless I missed it is not used once. I see how your trying to apply it and even with verse 13 "‘if by faith you put to death the deeds of the body". that is not what verse 13 "really means". Hes talking "spiritual nature". We have been born again "born from above". This sinful nature is still in this flesh. But we have been born again an new nature. Those who are lead by the spirit of God are sons of God. I don't use faith. If we back up a few chapters "for sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." "We know that our old self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin."

I understand how you are trying to say it.. yet its not written that way. We just don't read many.. if any threads about faith, walking by faith. Walking in the Spirit being lead by the Holy Spirit. "But if you are guided and led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the Law." Christ "The Holy Spirit is coming. He will lead you into all truth". So I do see how you are talking about faith yet its ALL Him

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi not here to debate.. thanks but... I understand faith.. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Yet in Rom 8 "faith" unless I missed it is not used once. I see how your trying to apply it and even with verse 13 "‘if by faith you put to death the deeds of the body". that is not what verse 13 "really means". Hes talking "spiritual nature". We have been born again "born from above". This sinful nature is still in this flesh. But we have been born again an new nature. Those who are lead by the spirit of God are sons of God. I don't use faith. If we back up a few chapters "for sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." "We know that our old self [our human nature without the Holy Spirit] was nailed to the cross with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin."

I understand how you are trying to say it.. yet its not written that way. We just don't read many.. if any threads about faith, walking by faith. Walking in the Spirit being lead by the Holy Spirit. "But if you are guided and led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the Law." Christ "The Holy Spirit is coming. He will lead you into all truth". So I do see how you are talking about faith yet its ALL Him

Our personal relationship with Him being that which teaches us Him….

Be blessed as His Spirit speaks to your inner man and you, me, we all grow closer to Him…

A fellow follower, Not me

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I've written on faith and the difference between living by the Spirit and walking by the Spirit. You can find my posts in this subforum.

Paul was the one who wrote, "The just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11) and "for we walk by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:7) Surely, this principle of faith lies beneath all of the statements he made concerning the spiritual dynamics and truths constituting the Christian life. After all, we only have the word of God that tells us that we are "dead unto sin but alive unto God," and that "whosever believes on him (Jesus) will not perish but have everlasting life." We must choose to reckon these spiritual truths are so, in faith believing them to be true; for we have no empirical, material way of establishing that they are. When I come to Paul's words in Romans 8:13, then, it is within the context of this general faith-dynamic of the Christian life, trusting - or "reckoning," as Paul put it (Romans 6:11) - that the Spirit is both able and willing to put to death the sinful deeds of my body.

It is most definitely the work of the Spirit that both enlarges our faith and illuminates the spiritual truths of Scripture in which we exercise faith, but his work doesn't suspend the need for faith, right? He makes it possible for us to believe but we must be the ones to actually do so. We are not puppets, merely dancing on strings the Spirit manipulates.

Last edited:
Upvote 0