Faith is righteousness, and righteousness is faith, under the New Covenant...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Faith is righteousness, and righteousness is faith, under the New Covenant, and they are nigh interchangeable, under the NC...?

Ones level of faith is ones level of righteousness, and really has very little to do with (most) sin(s) really...

Comments...?

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Faith is righteousness, and righteousness is faith, under the New Covenant, and they are nigh interchangeable, under the NC...?

Ones level of faith is ones level of righteousness, and really has very little to do with (most) sin(s) really...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Gal. 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

How is that interchangeable, Faith brings, causes, effects Righteousness.
Faith is, before Righteousness is able to exist.

Ergo, not interchangeable.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Gal. 5:5
For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

How is that interchangeable, Faith brings, causes, effects Righteousness.
Faith is, before Righteousness is able to exist.

Ergo, not interchangeable.
The righteousness that comes by faith is faith matured...

And has very little to do with "most" sin...

Our problem is that we tend to equate righteousness or the righteousness that comes by faith with sinlessness, but that's not the real issue, but faith (matured) is... (is part of what I'm trying to say)...

God Bless!

• Agree
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The righteousness that comes by faith is faith matured...

And has very little to do with "most" sin...

Our problem is that we tend to equate righteousness or the righteousness that comes by faith with sinlessness, but that's not the real issue, but faith (matured) is... (is part of what I'm trying to say)...

God Bless!

Then explain what you actually mean better, and this time use some Scripture to validate your surmising's.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Then explain what you actually mean better, and this time use some Scripture to validate your surmising's.
I just wanted people when they think of or hear the word "righteousness" to think of faith primarily, and not sinlessness necessarily...

That is going to leave you defeated or otherwise, deceived, every time...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Comments...?

God Bless!
I don't see them as interchangeable. To me, faith is trusting the Lord. Righteousness is resisting the temptation to sin.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Comments...?

God Bless!
I view them as two different things. "Faith" is trusting God. "Righteousness" has two senses. One is being in God's favor, having had our sins forgiven. So it speaks of status. The other is the measure of one's behavior. That is, characteristically doing what is right. Both of these senses of "righteousness" are incorporated in the New Covenant. The first we call "justification" and the second is via regeneration (ie 1John 3:9 and such).

"Faith" is the attitude upon which entry into the New Covenant is contingent. Thus, for example, it says, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law." Rom 3:28

By the way, "Justify" is the verb form of "righteousness" in Greek. But perhaps to see how obvious that "faith" in not "righteousness", just try and replace the word "justify" with "believe" and "righteousness" with the word "faith" throughout the scriptures and you'll see it just doesn't fit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Comments...?

God Bless!
Do the just live by righteousness? No, the just live by faith. Faith is hearing the word of God (Paul) and acting on what we heard (James). This is why when you read the great faith chapter (Heb. 11) that the examples are men of God hearing God and then acting on what they heard. Sadly, we treat faith and belief equally but one doesn't have to hear God in order to believe something.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
OK, what made Abraham righteous...?

His faith or his works...?

Or his sinlessness...? (not his sinlessness)...

God Bless!
I believe faith is a subset of righteousness. In other words, I can't be righteous without faith, but I can have faith without righteousness, though unrighteousness would tend to undermine my faith, I think.

• Agree
Reactions: HatGuy
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do the just live by righteousness? No, the just live by faith. Faith is hearing the word of God (Paul) and acting on what we heard (James). This is why when you read the great faith chapter (Heb. 11) that the examples are men of God hearing God and then acting on what they heard. Sadly, we treat faith and belief equally but one doesn't have to hear God in order to believe something.
I agree with you...

But, can we judge someones acting on their faith, (when, how, all that) (their heart)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe faith is a subset of righteousness. In other words, I can't be righteous without faith, but I can have faith without righteousness, though unrighteousness would tend to undermine my faith, I think.
How does one have faith without righteousness...? (Faith apart from works is dead, or never was true real genuine faith maybe)...

But can we judge someones works or their acting on their faith (when, how, all that) (their heart)..?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you...

But, can we judge someones acting on their faith, (when, how, all that)...?

God Bless!
I would suggest not. Unless somebody is walking in rebellion, then we have to let others work out their own salvation just as we have a right to work out our own. And if you believe God has directed you to act in a certain way, then who am I to say it is wrong UNLESS whatever it is clearly stands opposed to His character traits or violates an obvious commandment. In other words, if you believe He has directed you to take in 10 orphans then do it. But if you believe He has asked you to take petty cash from your employer in order to feed the orphans... then that would be stealing which stands opposed to His character (name) and then I would have to judge and act, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
OK, what made Abraham righteous...?

His faith or his works...?

Or his sinlessness...? (not his sinlessness)...

God Bless!

Rom. 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I would suggest not. Unless somebody is walking in rebellion, then we have to let others work out their own salvation just as we have a right to work out our own. And if you believe God has directed you to act in a certain way, then who am I to say it is wrong UNLESS whatever it is clearly stands opposed to His character traits or violates an obvious commandment. In other words, if you believe He has directed you to take in 10 orphans then do it. But if you believe He has asked you to take petty cash from your employer in order to feed the orphans... then that would be stealing which stands opposed to His character (name) and then I would have to judge and act, right?
Would you...? Should you...?

How would you judge Robin Hood...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Rom. 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
James 2:21- "Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?"

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you...

But, can we judge someones acting on their faith, (when, how, all that) (their heart)...?

God Bless!

How does one have faith without righteousness...? (Faith apart from works is dead, or never was true real genuine faith maybe)...

But can we judge someones works or their acting on their faith (when, how, all that) (their heart)..?

God Bless!

Are we supposed to be fruit inspector's IOW's and judge by that, or not...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would you...? Should you...?

How would you judge Robin Hood...?

God Bless!
Stealing is stealing... God said, "Do not steal" so are we not making ourselves equal with God and usurping His authority if He says "Don't do ___" and we do it and justify it using our less-than-God, fallen, human logic? Sometimes God blesses somebody with riches for reasons only God knows. The just live by faith... faith comes by hearing God.... and God is not going to break His own commandment and tell us to steal, kill, covet, etc.

Upvote 0