North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
All scripture was written for us. Not all scripture is written to us.

When dissecting any verse of scripture. Ask yourself, of whom, to whom, with what words, what time, where, to what intent, with what circumstances, considering what is written before and what follows any single verse context.
^^^Myles Coverdale, Bible theologian/translator^^^

So, ask: Who is writing? Who’s it written to? What are the circumstances? What’s the context before? What's the context after? .

God doesn't change (Heb 13:8). However, He does change the way He deals with mankind (dispensations). Noah, Abraham, pre-resurrection Nation Israel & the post-resurrection Body of Christ/Church.

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth
(MY NOTE: The dividing line is Christ's resurrection. Also see Heb 9:16-18)

We need to keep the pre-resurrection Nation of Israel teaching/doctrine separate from the post-resurrection Body of Christ/Churches teaching/doctrine.

Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
MY (NOTE: ALL scripture is written for our LEARNING. ALL scripture isn't written for our DOCTRINE. Example: NT believers aren't required to bring an animal sin sacrifice to Temple Priests)

The 13 epistles written by the apostle Paul (Rom - Phil, probably Heb as well) chosen by the resurrected Jesus & sent to gentiles (Acts 22:21, Gal1:16, 2:1). His primary audience is post-resurrection Church Age believers. Many things that were applicable to pre-resurrection (under Mosaic law) Nation Israel. Aren't applicable to today's post-resurrection (under grace) Body of Christ/Church.

Rom 10:4 Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
(MY NOTE: Post-resurrection believers obtain righteousness thru faith, not thru law keeping).

Rom 5:13 For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
(NOTE: Post resurrection, a believer's sins are imputed onto Christ. See Gal 3:16, Rom 4:6,8,11,22,23,24)

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
(MY NOTE: Post resurrection believers aren't under Mosaic law. Because of faith in Jesus sin atonement & resurrection they under God's unmerited/unearned/undeserved favor.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
(MY NOTE: It's not our law keeping/works. It's by the faith ""OF CHRIST"". When we trust Christ we become justified = Judicially Declared Righteous before God. Thru our faith, in the faith OF CHRIST His finished sin atoning work. Not thru our own works)

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
(MY NOTE: The just = those judicially declared righteous by God. Shall live by HIS FAITH)

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith.
(NOTE: From Faith to Faith. It's Christ's sinless Faithful payment/work & our Faith place in it)

Ron 5:20 But the Law came to increase and expand [the awareness of] the trespass [by defining and unmasking sin]. But where sin increased, [God’s remarkable, gracious gift of] grace [His unmerited favor] has surpassed it and increased all the more,
Bible Gateway passage: Romans 5 - Amplified Bible
(MY NOTE: Faith in God grace supersedes our sin)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: sandman

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟166,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rom 5:
20 But the Law came to increase and expand [the awareness of] the trespass [by defining and unmasking sin]. But where sin increased, [God’s remarkable, gracious gift of] grace [His unmerited favor] has surpassed it and increased all the more,
Romans 5 AMP - Results of Justification - Therefore, - Bible Gateway

Additional help for those trapped in a works-based salvation doctrine:

Jn 10:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand
(MY NOTE: Nothing can sever a believer from the love of Christ)

Jude:
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling & to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy
MY NOTE: God is both willing & able to guarantee & maintain the salvation He has given us)

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory & majesty, dominion & power, both now & ever
(MY NOTE: Nothing can pluck away [Sin included] a believer. Because Christ [our advocate 1 Jn 2:1] is able to keep us faultless)

Rom 8:
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(MY NOTE: Once justified/forgiven nothing can separate a Christian from God’s love)

Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(MY NOTE: Christ is every believer's defense attotney/advocate & He's the Judge [Jn 5:22]. Sin verdict NOT GUILTY!)

Rev 1:5 Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Jesus Christ that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(MY NOTE: When we place our faith in Jesus faithful sin atoning work & resurrection. That ALL our sins are remissed. Also see Col 1:14 & 2:13)

Eph 1:7 In Jesus Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
(MY NOTE: Believers have <PRESENT TENSE redemption forgiveness of sins >SINS IS PURAL! Also see Col 1:14 & 2:13)

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(MY NOTE: Salvation is obtained, by God's GIFT of grace = God's unmerrited/underserved favor. Thru faith placed in Jesus faithful sin atoning work & resurrection.1 Cor 15:1-4)

Eph 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Forgive each other as God forgave <PAST TENSE> you.)

Col 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Vs 13 As the Lord has < PAST-TENSE > forgiven you)

1 Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
(MY NOTE: Believers you ARE forgiven [not just until your next sin] for Christ's name's sake)

1 Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers that you may KNOW that you HAVE [right now] ETERNAL LIFE)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Christ obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION for us)

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
(NOTE: This new sin management blood covenant is EVERLASTING! Not just 1 year or until the next time to stumble or fall)

Believer's sins are forgiven & washed away via an EVERLASTING COVENANT!

Jesus sin atoning payment is seized/accessed via FAITH (Rom 5:1-2, 10:9-10, Eph 1:13, 2:8) placed in the faithful, obedient sin atoning work of Jesus the Christ!

Specifically, faith placed in Jesus's death (sins required wage PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Fathers receipt, payment received & accepted. (1 Cor 15:4)

2 Tim 1:14 Refers to the Holy Spirit as a Guard & Deposit.

2 Cor 5:5, Eph 1:14 & 2 Cor 1:22. Refer to the Holy Spirit as "the earnest" = Pledge or Promise.

Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 & Eph 4:30 Refer to the Holy Spirit as a Seal.

2 Tim 1:14 The Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you
(MY NOTE: The Holy Spirit dwelling within us. Is God's deposit & guards us until the day of redemption)

2 Cor 5:5 God, who also hath given unto us the "earnest" of the Spirit
(MY NOTE: God's Holy Spirit dwelling within us is the earnest. Earnest translated from the Greek word: arrabon. Also means a pledge)

2 Cor 1:22 Who hath also "sealed us" & "given the earnest" of the Holy Spirit in our hearts
(MY NOTE: God has placed His Holy Spirit in the believer's heart. As a pledge & a SEAL until the soon coming day of our redemption)

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
(MY NOTE: You heard about Christ's finished sin redemptive payment & resurrection. When you believed/trusted, Christ sealed/baptized you with His Holy Spirit).

Eph1:14 Which is the "earnest" of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession
(MY NOTE: The Holy Spirit by which Christ baptizes/seals & indwells us. Is the earnest = a down payment, a pledge, a promise, a guarantee)

Eph 4:30 grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are "sealed" unto the day of redemption
(MY NOTE: Believers are SEALED with God's Holy Spirit. It's a pledge, promise, guard & guarantee that Christ will come for us)

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
(MY NOTE: God doesn't go back on His Word or Promises)

Last edited:
Upvote 0