A friend
Sep 28, 2006
Visit site
✟16,119.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Faith is to be in God, not just in an idea or concept. Often we view faith as being 'what' we believe, but it is important to remember that we are not putting out confidence in a thing or idea, but in Him.

Faith is about putting your confidence in God: that He is faithful, that He keeps His promises and that He will do what He said He will do.

On the other hand, doubt and unbelief question God's character and integrity (possibly without realising they are doing so). They question whether God can be relied upon, whether He is faithful and whether He will really do as He said. Doubt and unbelief are rooted in lack of confidence in God's character and reliability.

I encourage you to stir up your confidence in God. Have faith in Him that He can be relied upon and that He will come through for you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi owenw,

I agree with you about what you've said that true faith is. It isn't the concept of having read the Scriptures and believing that you know all about this great and loving God that is portrayed within its pages. Satan knows more about God's reality than you or I or any christian probably will, this side of eternity.

On another thread the other day someone posted for me a youtube video of an 'ex-christian' giving his new testimony that there is no God. That he had been duped all of his young life and finally come to 'know' the truth. That it was all just a mind game that we play with ourselves. He spoke of how he had read the Scriptures through several times and been a youth minister and so on and so on. He seems to have been pushed into his choice as a young child by his parents. Claims to have been 'saved' at the age of five, which personally, I find near impossible.

However, throughout all of his hour and a half video, he never mentions that he loved God. He apparently had all this head knowledge and knew all the right answers to give to the questions the youth would ask him about who God is, but he himself, never loved God. So, while the Scriptures speak a lot about faith and tell us that it is a requirement to even know God, what Jesus says is the first law of working out that faith is to love the Lord your God with all that you are. It's the very first, and I believe therefore, the most important law. I believe that the second law of loving others will just naturally flow from the heart that obeys the first. Jesus himself said that by keeping the two we would keep all the laws of the law and the prophets.

Love the Lord your God. Love is a responsibility. However, we live in a world that doesn't really understand, for the most of us, what love is or how to live it out. First of all, love is for people. I cringe when I hear people say that they love chocolate ice cream. You can't love a thing. You can like it and you can enjoy it and you can desire it, but you can't love it. Love is more than just an affection. It is an obligation and a responsibility to and for someone else. It is caring about what someone else cares about. It is a commitment. God is love.

The man in the video displayed none of that. He has actually turned against the one that he may have thought that he loved in years past. He has made himself the enemy of the object of his 'claimed' love. That's not love. That's part of the problem with our current modern understanding of love. We believe that love comes and goes. I can love someone today, but not tomorrow. That's not love. Love is a commitment. A responsibility for another's happiness and well being. It's why the Scriptures tell us that the only way to end the vow of marriage is through death. Because if you said that you loved someone to marry them, then if they're still alive, you still love them, if you really loved them at all. But today, our idea of marriage commitment is that the two will be one so long as you make me happy and satisfied. When I don't feel you love me anymore, then I withdraw my offer.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

OwenW

A friend
Sep 28, 2006
Visit site
✟16,119.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your reply and thoughts Ted :)

It is hard for people to believe words on the page, without knowing the One who said the words and having confidence in Him. Many people are trying to believe the Word, when they have not taken the time to get to know Him and build confidence in Him. Faith in 'what' God said is easy when you have confidence in the One who said it!

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply and thoughts Ted :)

It is hard for people to believe words on the page, without knowing the One who said the words and having confidence in Him. Many people are trying to believe the Word, when they have not taken the time to get to know Him and build confidence in Him. Faith in 'what' God said is easy when you have confidence in the One who said it!

God's Word is not temporal as in a text to be memorized, it is a Spiritual Book,given by the inspiration of God.

Yes you must have faith in God to recieve it,amen.
It also helps if we can see Christ in others around us for our Faith to be strengthen.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Faith is to be in God, not just in an idea or concept. Often we view faith as being 'what' we believe, but it is important to remember that we are not putting out confidence in a thing or idea, but in Him.

Faith is about putting your confidence in God: that He is faithful, that He keeps His promises and that He will do what He said He will do.

On the other hand, doubt and unbelief question God's character and integrity (possibly without realizing they are doing so). They question whether God can be relied upon, whether He is faithful and whether He will really do as He said. Doubt and unbelief are rooted in lack of confidence in God's character and reliability.

I encourage you to stir up your confidence in God. Have faith in Him that He can be relied upon and that He will come through for you.

This is a very good post OwenW... Welcome! (Do you have any more?) Also, you have a very impressive web site!

Blessed to be a BLESSING...
busy1_zpse5hasnuj.gif

Harry

Word-of-Faith1_zps4hx1mzr9.gif

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Faith is a life style that Pleases God!!
It must be fed , nurtured and developed and can not be prayed in.

We are all given the measure of Faith and what happens to it is solely up to us.
Faith can and will take you places God desires and many fail to enter.

Faith makes all the difference
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0