• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Faith Controls The Tongue

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by Walter and Deborah, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Walter and Deborah

Walter and Deborah Junior Member

+359
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    James 3:1-18

The Tongue has power to do 3 things: I. The power to control - v. 3-8. Our tongue has the power to control us; Characteristics of good teacher: Good teachers control their tongue and is the one who has living faith. Who controls his tongue is a perfect men. Perfect means mature Proverbs fifteen four; control of tongue represents a controlled life.

Faith Controls The Tongue 1-12, Faith Produces Wisdom 13-18

James 3 - KJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aabbie James

Aabbie James The Word Became Flesh

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That's a good lesson.

I like James' direct commentary on wise living, it's reminiscent of the book of Proverbs. His writings don't necessarily stress theoretical knowledge, but place a practical emphasis tests of faith, on godly behavior, and obedience to the Word of God. James' writings are a refreshing emphasis on spiritual fruitfulness demonstrating true faith.

3. Walter and Deborah

+359
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Amen, It is my belief through study that Faith and Works goes Together, as I read this kind of faith and work, if interested:
    JAMES CHAPTER 2 KJV

Abraham and Isaac walked up the mountain. Abraham took a knife. Isaac took some wood. Genesis 22:5–6. ... Genesis 22:9. Abraham tied Isaac and put him on the altar. He held the knife over Isaac. Abraham was ready to sacrifice his son. But an angel spoke to Abraham. He told Abraham not to sacrifice Isaac.

Genesis 22 KJV

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  4. Aabbie James

Aabbie James The Word Became Flesh

+191
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Beautiful verses...

Powerful testament of faith...

5. Walter and Deborah