What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
Jessie87 said:
I will copy and paste it for ya

Q. Can I Use A Pen Name? Can I Register A Business Name?

US Copyright Office

From Mary Bellis,
Your Guide to Inventors.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

A.

You can use a pen name or a stage name. There is no legal requirement that the author be identified by his or her real name on the application form. However, if you are filing under a fictitious name or pen name, you have to put a checkmark in the "Pseudonymous" box.
Can I Copyright The Name Of A Band?

No. Names cannot be copyrighted. Some names may be trademarkded.
Can I Copyright A Title, Slogan or Logo

No, you cannot copyright names, titles, slogans, or short phrases.
Can I Get A Star Named After Me And Claim Copyright To It?

No. Names are not protected by copyright. Publications such as a star registry may copyright the text of the volume or book containing the names the registry has assigned to stars. However, registration would not extend protection to any of the individual star names.
Domain Name

Copyright law does not protect domain names.

Sponsored Links

DBA - Business Name USAFictitious Trade Name Registration Assumed Business Certificatewww.fbnusa.com

Fictitious Business NamesAccess 25M County & State filings for ownership & other bus. infowww.KnowX.com

Incorporate OnlineIncorporate for $45 plus state fee All 50 States - Low Feeswww.101incorporate.com

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a nonprofit organization that has assumed the responsibility for domain name system management, administers the assignation of domain names through accredited registers.

VERY VERY interesting I must say...

And after consultation with CF staff who are well versed in this aspect of law, this information is totally accurate, and as a moderator of this forum, I will not allow any further discussion of this matter in this thread.

I am sure Erwin knows I am correct. Copyright and Trademark are not the same thing. Now, I am quite sure that if the owner of this forum had not purchased the .net .com .org that go along with his domain, he would not stand for someone trying to squat on his domain. All anyone has to do is do a search like I suggested earlier and you will find I am 100% correct.

Erwin can speak for himself, but there is no way whatsoever that he would monopolise the Christian Forums "badge" for self gain. He did purchase most of the associated URLs, but it's hard to say that it would be fair to retrospectively seek all associated URLs to yours when others have already taken them and paid for them. Feel free to seek Erwin's knowledge on the issue, but I once again request that you refrain from pushing this issue, because this is neither the place nor time for doing so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
servant4ever said:
lol... he had UNDERWEAR on beforehand! You just couldn't see it behind the guitar! ;)

Still, I don't think a pair of boxers and a smile is appropriate attire for a Christian forum. :eek:

:D

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Knight4God said:
Boxers?:doh: Those are the default shorts!:D
It was laundry day!

At least yours looks like a guy! Mine looks like a grown up Precious Moments statue. They need some more manly people to choose from. Somone a little more bulky like me! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.