United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoustonKnight said:
Well,if you are correct,I'm sure a name-change will be in order.

I am quite sure she will do the right thing. I have already informed her of the violation. Trust me, I found out about this the hard way myself. I am NOT saying it was intentional at all! However, that does not change things.

Upvote 0

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
WOFFER said:
Johan,

The fact that she has registered her domain with a slight difference than mine and has decided that she is going to name her forum the same as mine is a violation of copyright and considered domain infringement and squatting. It is a violation of the laws that govern the internet. Whether or not she knew in advance is irrelevent. The fact is, she is violating my copyright (which was established in December of 2002) by purchasing the domain and setting up a forum with the same name as mine. That is a fact, look it up. I have not decided yet if I will take legal action or not. That is all I am going to say.

I can hardly believe what I am reading. You think it's OK for Christians to sue each other like that? Sir, you have none of my support, and if you do take such action, I'm siding with the .net site, because clearly it better represents what true faith and fellowship is about. By the way, I guess you don't read your Bible often. Please read this:

[bible]1 Corinthians 6:1-8[/bible]

Johannes

Reactions: Veiled Viper
Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Johannes Calvinus said:
I can hardly believe what I am reading. You think it's OK for Christians to sue each other like that? Sir, you have none of my support, and if you do take such action, I'm siding with the .net site, because clearly it better represents what true faith and fellowship is about. By the way, I guess you don't read your Bible often. Please read this:

1 Corinthians 6:1-81 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7 Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

Johannes

Personally, I could care less who you side with. I never said I was going to sue. But there is legal action that could be taken far short of sueing.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Woffer,
Can i ask you a question? What difference does it make to you whether she has the same name as yours? Is this some kind of a competition to see who can get the most people on their site to you? Are you afraid some people might go to her site instead? You run a Christian Site, please have a Christian attitude and don't be threatening legal action on someone who meant no harm at all and knew nothing about you or your site.
karen

Reactions: Veiled Viper
Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
karenmarie said:
Woffer,
Can i ask you a question? What difference does it make to you whether she has the same name as yours? Is this some kind of a competition to see who can get the most people on their site to you? Are you afraid some people might go to her site instead? You run a Christian Site, please have a Christian attitude and don't be threatening legal action on someone who meant no harm at all and knew nothing about you or your site.
karen

There is this little thing in Christianity called integrity. I think we should walk in it. You all can go ahead and make me the bad guy and demonize me. I can take it, I run a forum. It is very easy for you to sit back and judge me in this as you have nothing invested. I have much more than just money invested in my forum. Trust me I have PLENTY of money invested. But I have something even more valuable invested and that is my time. Time away from my wife and family. Time away from my friends and activities that I enjoy. It is my ministry and I take it seriously, just as YOU would if you had invested in it what I do. So make your judgements, I do not care!

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WOFFER said:
There is this little thing in Christianity called integrity. I think we should walk in it. You all can go ahead and make me the bad guy and demonize me. I can take it, I run a forum. It is very easy for you to sit back and judge me in this as you have nothing invested. I have much more than just money invested in my forum. Trust me I have PLENTY of money invested. But I have something even more valuable invested and that is my time. Time away from my wife and family. Time away from my friends and activities that I enjoy. It is my ministry and I take it seriously, just as YOU would if you had invested in it what I do. So make your judgements, I do not care!

Woffer,
I wasnt trying to make a jugment against you just asking you a question and hoping you would think about what your doing and whether its the right attitude to have about this. you dont need to get all hostile on me. Relax. If it bothers you that much just have a civil discussion with Jessie, no need to be threatening legal action.
Everyone calm down!! lol:groupray:

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
karenmarie said:
Woffer,
I wasnt trying to make a jugment against you just asking you a question and hoping you would think about what your doing and whether its the right attitude to have about this. you dont need to get all hostile on me. Relax. If it bothers you that much just have a civil discussion with Jessie, no need to be threatening legal action.
Everyone calm down!! lol:groupray:

Sorry Karen,

I guess I am just getting a little defensive since everyone is making me out to be the bad guy. Like I said, I have not decided to do anything legally about this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
HoustonKnight said:
How is Jessie's site threatening to you Woffer?
It's a .net. and yours is a .com.
She didn't use the same name on purpose.
I don't see how it can hurt is all.

My thoughts precisely. I do not see the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints going after me for having their trademark in a .us domain name. Either they haven't noticed, or they're more Christ-like than we give them credit for. :)

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Johannes Calvinus said:
My thoughts precisely. I do not see the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints going after me for having their trademark in a .us domain name. Either they haven't noticed, or they're more Christ-like than we give them credit for. :)

So you are saying I am not being Christ Like. I think that may be a violation of TOS if I am not mistaken.

Upvote 0

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
WOFFER said:
So you are saying I am not being Christ Like. I think that may be a violation of TOS if I am not mistaken.

No, it is not. You are being un-Christlike and you're threatening to violate 1 Corinthians Ch 6. It is against the rules to say you're not a Christian, which I did not say.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.