United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jessie87 said:
What makes you think that I got the name off of your forum? You go to yahoo. com and type in faith fellowship and a bunch of other christian words like I did trying to find a good name for my website you will see other faith christian fellowship and even other faith and fellowships! So dont flatter yourself buddy

You are joking right? I did not say you were trying to steal members from my forum or trying to do anything underhanded at all. All I said was, I should have purchased the domains when I did the .com one so others could not setup similar forums. I am not at all intimidated by your forum. Also, I have never metioned my forum on this forum before. I am not trying to get people to join my forum. Why would they? This is a very nice forum. Sorry If you thought my comment was directed at you. It was not.

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoustonKnight said:
You called her site a "knock-off" of yours,didn't you?

The name is. I have not seen the site so I would not know if it looks like mine. I doubt it though. Hers is not the only knock off of my domain.

Upvote 0

Serenity278

Kittay Kat :]
Dec 29, 2004
Indiana
Visit site
✟16,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
WOFFER said:
You are joking right? I did not say you were trying to steal members from my forum or trying to do anything underhanded at all. All I said was, I should have purchased the domains when I did the .com one so others could not setup similar forums. I am not at all intimidated by your forum. Also, I have never metioned my forum on this forum before. I am not trying to get people to join my forum. Why would they? This is a very nice forum. Sorry If you thought my comment was directed at you. It was not.

Okay if your not trying to get people to join your forum or start anything why did you even post on this thread? I am the founder of faithandfellowship.net so who else would your comment be directed to?

Upvote 0

LITB

aka Shill
Apr 10, 2005
A small village in Oxfordshire
Visit site
✟16,252.00
Faith
Christian
HoustonKnight said:
I consider "knock-off" to mean something purposefully taken from another for ones own personal gain.
Your choice of words could have been better.
Her site name is just coincidental to yours.
An apology would be nice.
I agree Knight!

The way in which the post was phrased in relation to Jessie's forum was not nice...knock-off is not what Faith&Fellowship.net is about in any way, shape or form...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

B®ent

Contender for the Faith
May 15, 2005
Mill Creek, WA.
✟4,932.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Woffie,

I have no doubt Jessie punched in www.faithandfellowship.COM before registering her .net domain. However that does not mean she didn't think of the name beforehand. My site name, Community of Christ, also happens to be a trademark of a branch of Mormonism. I was unaware of that fact until long after I registered the domain name.

I was banned from "Faith and Felloship" .net for no apparent reason, so I am definitely not a supporter, but I am by no means an enemy either. I wish Christian sites would work together. Aren't we supposed to be in this together - in the name of our common Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Johannes Calvinus said:
Woffie,

I have no doubt Jessie punched in www.faithandfellowship.COM before registering her .net domain. However that does not mean she didn't think of the name beforehand. My site name, Community of Christ, also happens to be a trademark of a branch of Mormonism. I was unaware of that fact until long after I registered the domain name.

I was banned from "Faith and Felloship" .net for no apparent reason, so I am definitely not a supporter, but I am by no means an enemy either. I wish Christian sites would work together. Aren't we supposed to be in this together - in the name of our common Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ?

Johan,

The fact that she has registered her domain with a slight difference than mine and has decided that she is going to name her forum the same as mine is a violation of copyright and considered domain infringement and squatting. It is a violation of the laws that govern the internet. Whether or not she knew in advance is irrelevent. The fact is, she is violating my copyright (which was established in December of 2002) by purchasing the domain and setting up a forum with the same name as mine. That is a fact, look it up. I have not decided yet if I will take legal action or not. That is all I am going to say.

Upvote 0

WOFFER

Woffie
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
Ann Arbor MI
✟29,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HoustonKnight said:
I thought that if you had the .com,anyone else could have the .net,etc.
You only own the .com name.

Just because you own a domain name does not mean you can do anything you want with it. I asked permission of the gentleman that owned Evangelizeamerica.com before I setup my Apologetics website at evangelizeamerica.org. You can buy any domain that is available, but that does not mean you can do anything with it. What she did was a violation of my copyright plain and simple, whether or not she knew in advance what she was doing. She could have a website that is not a forum with that domain, but having a forum with that name violates copyright, especially if she is calling it the same name. Alright, I said I was done discussing this. I am done. My suggestion is look up the info on the internet. Look up Domain Copyright infringment, domain squatter, there may be other searches that will get you the information. I'm done. Sorry for the thread highjack. I was just a little bit ticked off this morning that someone else has done this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.