Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not actually, you can know of all those things and still not know if they are true, and regard them no more than you regard anything else unknown by you to be true. Sometimes you don't even have to be searching.
I didn't say "know" those things, I said "believe" them. Big difference.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eph 2 refers to redemption not salvation

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Then Once saved always saved!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!

It appears to me that you like to take scripture out of context, and don't consider the wider context of the whole NT. This is why your doctrine is bad, IMO. It looks to me like you are taking various aspects of salvation and slicing them away from each other to make them independent events. But that is not how to read the doctrines taught in the NT.

Salvation is a complete package that God gives to a person. So, one cannot be redeemed without being saved, and vice-versa. One cannot be justified and not be sanctified, and vice-versa. One cannot have faith and not be saved, and vice-versa. It's all together as a single thing that God does for people, though there be many aspects to it, and though parts of it happen over time. For example, we are "being sanctified" (Heb. 10:14 - Hagiazo is in the present tense, passive voice which signifies that believers are works in progress).

From the teaching in the NT, we can see that salvation is past, present, and future. So in Rom. 13:11 when he says "our salvation is nearer..." he is talking about the consummation of it, which is resurrection, and then the judgment. It's the same sense in that context as in Heb. 2:3 which says "how will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?" Paul is giving warning to people that resurrection and judgment can happen any time, therefore we must make sure that we are among the elect of Christ, as 2 Pet. 1:10 says, and we do that by obeying Christ's command to love others. It's the same warning that Christ gave in the parable of the sheep and goats, among others. Those who take heed to the warnings are the sheep of Christ, and those who don't are the goats.

But this is speaking of knowing we are saved, as opposed to actually being saved. There will be many in the day of resurrection who will be recently saved, and not knowing for sure that they are the elect of God, and yet they certainly will be.

You also took 1 Pet. 3:21 out of context, since it says much more than what you want it to say. Here is the whole verse: "Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." This tells me plainly that baptism is a symbol to identify with the resurrection of Christ, and is not a work to be saved by. It is an action that symbolizes one's appeal for a clean conscience. Therefore, it is an effect of being saved, not a cause.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cook a meal?
Good question.
I thought I remembered reading something about it, but now I believe was secular. It went along with Jesus being invited for a banquet (it seemed to be a big meal on the Sabbath by a Pharisee, but maybe it was prepared the day before. Thank you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It all depends on God's Love and He or Christ forgives your sins.
God's love of us, or our love of God?

We know whom God loves by their faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ.

And Orthodox Jews who deny Jesus Christ would be insulted if you told them they did not love God.

Right?

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟802,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's love of us, or our love of God?

We know whom God loves by their faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ.

And Orthodox Jews who deny Jesus Christ would be insulted if you told them they did not love God.

Right?
We should be known by our Love.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jn 1:29 redemption all men are redeemed
Not according to Jesus (Jn 3:18, 36).
Acts 22:16 justification
Not according to the meaning of the Greek word dikiosis, which means acquittal; establishing a person as just (righteous) by acquittal from guilt, which Paul makes clear is by faith apart from works (see post #35).

'Round and 'round the same old bush of non-understanding. . .ever considered a Bible study?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
FACAGA?

Faith alone:
Christ alone:
Grace alone:

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13

And never “faith alone”!

Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone? Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jn 3:5 born again refers to baptismal regeneration

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I covered this with you eight days ago in your Justification thread, where faith then glimmered:but the magisterium quickly snuffed it out, and armed you against it, to wit:For Paul, there are only two considerations:

1) faith + works, and
2) faith apart from works, which is "faith alone."

Ac 13:38 (Paul) - Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Ro 1:17 - For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: 'The righteous will live by faith' " (Hab 2:4)

Ro 3:21-22 - But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known. . .This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ.

Ro 3:28 - We maintain that a man is justified (declared righteous) by faith apart from observing the law.

Ro 4:5 - However, to the man who does not work, but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Ro 6:14
- you are not under law, but under grace.

Gal 2:16 - know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:10
- All you rely on observing the law are under a curse.

Gal 3:11-12 - Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because 'The righteous will live by faith,' and the law is not based on faith. On the contrary, the man who does these things will live by them." (Lev 18:5)

Eph 2:9 - you have been saved, through faith. . .not by works, so that no one can boast.

The issue is that works can be done for purposes other than trying to earn our righteousness, especially because the reason that God commanded doing good works was never in order to provide a means of earning our righteousness, so verses that speak against earning our righteousness by our works should not be mistaken as speaking against being declared righteous requiring works for some other reason, such as faith.

While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was declared righteous, it is also true that he believed God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac, so the same faith by which he was declared righteous was also expressed as works, but he did not earn his righteousness by his works (Romans 4:4-5). Yet again, in James 2:21-22, Abraham was justified by his works, his faith was active along with his works, and his faith completed by his works, so he was justified by his works insofar as they were an expression of his faith, but not insofar as they were an attempt to earn his righteousness.

Righteousness is a character trait of God that is straightforwardly expressed by doing what is righteous, and the Mosaic Law is God's instructions for how to express that character trait, not for how to earn it. For example, the law reveals that it is righteous to help the poor, but no amount of helping the poor will ever cause someone to earn their righteousness because the one and only way that there has ever been to become righteous is by grace through faith. In Romans 3:21-22, the Law and the Prophets testify that the righteousness of God comes through faith Christ, so again this has always been the only way to become righteous. If we have a character trait, then we will express it through our actions, so when God declares us to be righteous, He is also declaring us to be someone who expresses His righteousness through our actions in obedience to His instructions for how to do that found in His law. In other words, the reason why we have received the righteousness of Christ was not in order to hide it under a bushel, but in order to let it shine through our obedience in accordance with His example of obedience to the Mosaic Law.

In Acts 13:38, it is speaking against earning our justification by obeying the Mosaic Law. In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is the Mosaic Law, so the righteous living by faith does not refer to a manner of living that is not in obedience to it. In Romans 3:27, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works, while he said in 3:31 that our faith upholds the Mosaic Law, so it is of faith, unlike works of the law. Romans 3:28, we are justified by faith apart from works of the law insofar is again speaking against earning our justification, however, in Romans 3:31, Paul did not want us to conclude that our faith abolishes our need to obey the Mosaic Law, but rather our faith uphold it, so again the same faith by which we are justified is also expressed as obedience to God, but we do not earn our justification by our obedience to God (Romans 4:4-5).

In Galatians 3:10-12, Paul associated a quote from Habakkuk 2:4 with a quote from Leviticus 18:5, so the righteous should are living by faith are the same as those who are living in obedience to the Mosaic Law, while not one is justified before God by works of the law because they are not of faith in God, unlike the Mosaic Law. God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7, Nehemiah 9:13) and a law that isn't trustworthy can't come from a God who is trustworthy, so to rely on the Mosaic Law is to rely on the Lawgiver, while to deny that it is is of faith instead of denying that works of the law are of faith is to deny the faithfulness of God.

In Romans 6:14, it describes the law that we are not under as being a law where sin had dominion over us, which does not describe the Mosaic Law, which is a law where holiness, righteousness, and goodness have dominion over us (Romans 7:12), but rather rather it is the law of sin where sin had dominion over us. In Romans 7:25, Paul directly contrasted the Mosaic Law with the law of sin.

In Ephesians 2:8-10, we have been made new creations in Christ in order to do good works, so while we do not earn our salvation by our works, doing good works is nevertheless still part of our salvation. Likewise, in Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus said that only those who do the will of the Father will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and that he would tell those who are works of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so obedience to the Mosaic Law is again required for salvation insofar as it is the way to know Christ through faith, but not insofar as it is the way to earn it.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ!
All mankind are redeemed in Christ!
Be specific.

Yes, all the justified are in the body of Christ, the Church.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death
The justiIfed are always in a state of grace because they are born again into eternal life. There is only one rebirth in the NT,
it comes with justification by faith apart from works.
we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
We enter into that salvation (spiritual and eternal deliverance from God's judgment on sin) at justification;
we grow in that salvation (sanctification) during life, and
we complete that salvation when we are delivered from death at the Second Coming (Ro 13:11)
Yes, those with true faith from the rebirth and justification persevere, those with counterfeit faith do not (1Jn 2:19).

And the once occurs at the new birth/justification.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FACAGA?
Faith alone:
Christ alone:
Grace alone:
Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13
And never “faith alone”!
And thereby you deny the revelation Paul received from Jesus Christ personally, in the third heaven (2Co 12:1-5).
Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone? Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jn 3:5 born again refers to baptismal regeneration

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Be specific.
Yes, all the justified are in the body of Christ, the Church.
The justiIfed are always in a state of grace because they are born again into eternal life. There is only one rebirth in the NT,
it comes with justification by faith apart from works.

We enter into that salvation (spiritual and eternal deliverance from God's judgment on sin) at justification;
we grow in that salvation (sanctification) during life, and
we complete that salvation when we are delivered from death at the Second Coming (Ro 13:11)
Yes, those with true faith from the rebirth and justification persevere, those with counterfeit faith do not (1Jn 2:19).And the once occurs at the new birth/justification.

The justiIfed are always in a state of grace because they are born again into eternal life

Eternal life refers to the life of grace
You can lose it by sin or apostasy

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The issue is that works can be done for purposes other than trying to earn our righteousness, especially because the reason that God commanded doing good works was never in order to provide a means of earning our righteousness, so verses that speak against earning our righteousness by our works should not be mistaken as speaking against being declared righteous requiring works for some other reason, such as faith.

While it is true that Abraham believed God, so he was declared righteous, it is also true that he believed God, so he obeyed God's command to offer Isaac, so the same faith by which he was declared righteous was also expressed as works, but he did not earn his righteousness by his works (Romans 4:4-5).
Yet again, in James 2:21-22, Abraham was justified by his works, his faith was active along with his works, and his faith completed by his works, so he was justified by his works insofar as they were an expression of his faith, but not insofar as they were an attempt to earn his righteousness.
At this point, you take justification by works and begin to mold it into some kind of argument whereby faith in the law. . .is faith in God
. . .which is justification,
in a contra-NT attempt to include in NT justification (declared "not guilty," in right relationship with God)
Orthodox Jews who deny the person and work of Jesus Christ. . .anathema!

Righteousness is a character trait of God that is straightforwardly expressed by doing what is righteous, and the Mosaic Law is God's instructions for how to express that character trait, not for how to earn it. For example, the law reveals that it is righteous to help the poor, but no amount of helping the poor will ever cause someone to earn their righteousness because the one and only way that there has ever been to become righteous is by grace through faith. In Romans 3:21-22, the Law and the Prophets testify that the righteousness of God comes through faith Christ, so again this has always been the only way to become righteous.
If we have a character trait, then we will express it through our actions, so when God declares us to be righteous, He is also declaring us to be someone who expresses His righteousness
Actually, Paul excludes the righteous from justification because "no one is righteous, not even one" (Ro 3:10) until they are justified.

Ro 4:5 - "However, to the man who does not work, but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness."
through our actions in obedience to His instructions for how to do that found in His law. In other words, the reason why we have received the righteousness of Christ was not in order to hide it under a bushel, but in order to let it shine through our obedience in accordance with His example of obedience to the Mosaic Law.

In Acts 13:38, it is speaking against earning our justification by obeying the Mosaic Law. In Isaiah 51:7, the righteous are those on whose heart is the Mosaic Law, so the righteous living by faith does not refer to a manner of living that is not in obedience to it. In Romans 3:27, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works, while he said in 3:31 that our faith upholds the Mosaic Law, so it is of faith, unlike works of the law. Romans 3:28, we are justified by faith apart from works of the law insofar is again speaking against earning our justification, however, in Romans 3:31, Paul did not want us to conclude that our faith abolishes our need to obey the Mosaic Law, but rather our faith uphold it, so again the same faith by which we are justified is also expressed as obedience to God, but we do not earn our justification by our obedience to God (Romans 4:4-5).
Your contra-NT argument becomes more clear in the following:
In Galatians 3:10-12, Paul associated a quote from Habakkuk 2:4 with a quote from Leviticus 18:5, so the righteous should are living by faith are the same as those who are living in obedience to the Mosaic Law, while not one is justified before God by works of the law because they are not of faith in God, unlike the Mosaic Law.
God is trustworthy, therefore His law is also trustworthy (Psalms 19:7, Nehemiah 9:13) and a law that isn't trustworthy can't come from a God who is trustworthy, so to rely on the Mosaic Law is to rely on the Lawgiver, while to deny that it is is of faith instead of denying that works of the law are of faith is to deny the faithfulness of God.
However, to rely on the Law is not faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ which is the ONLY faith that justifies
(removes one's guilt and sets one in right relationship with God).

In Romans 6:14, it describes the law that we are not under as being a law where sin had dominion over us, which
does not describe the Mosaic Law,
The "law" in Ro 6:14 is the Mosaic law.
The law itself is good. . .but the good Law condemns all mankind. . .those who rely on observing the Law are under a curse (Gal 3:10, 13), the curse of Dt 27:26, because they do not obey it at all times and in every way.
which is a law where holiness, righteousness, and goodness have dominion over us (Romans 7:12), but rather rather it is the law of sin where sin had dominion over us. In Romans 7:25, Paul directly contrasted the Mosaic Law with the law of sin.

In Ephesians 2:8-10, we have been made new creations in Christ in order to do good works, so while we do not earn our salvation by our works, doing good works is nevertheless still part of our salvation.
Likewise, in Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus said that only those who do the will of the Father will enter the Kingdom of Heaven and that he would tell those who are works of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so obedience to the Mosaic Law is again required for salvation insofar as it is the way to know Christ through faith, but not insofar as it is the way to earn it.
And again, defining faith in a way that includes Orthodox Jews in salvation by faith, even though they deny the person and work of Jesus Christ.

You have used James as the false basis to construct a contra-NT meaning of justification which would include even those who deny the person and work of Jesus Christ, as in Orthodox Jews. . .ANATHEMA!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clare73 said:
The justified are always in a state of grace because they are born again into eternal life.
Eternal life refers to the life of grace.

You can lose it by sin or apostasy.
Eternal life is God's life in one's spirit by the rebirth. . .it is not lost, and one is not reborn again and again.

The reborn are justified = not guilty, not subject to God's punishment on sin at the Final Judgment.

They are not reborn and re-justified every time they sin.

Those who apostasize had counterfeit faith to begin with, "they were not (never) one of us (the redeemed)" (1Jn 2:19)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ephfourfive

Jan 5, 2021
Dallas
✟9,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Eternal life is God's life in one's spirit by the rebirth. . .it is not lost, and one is not reborn again and again.

The reborn are justified = not guilty, not subject to God's punishment on sin at the Final Judgment.

They are not reborn and re-justified every time they sin.

Those who apostasize had counterfeit faith to begin with, "they were not (never) one of us (the redeemed)" (1Jn 2:19)

Strange doctrines
All are redeemed! All! Christ is the redeemer of the whole world! Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

Then we receive justification by baptism and the grace of God
We must abide in Christ and His church and grace
Or lose the state of grace by sin or apostasy and then are capable of repentance

Gal 5:4 fallen from grace
Rev have your name removed from the book of life and hundreds more

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Strange doctrines
All are redeemed! All! Christ is the redeemer of the whole world! Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16

Then we receive justification by baptism and the grace of God
We must abide in Christ and His church and grace
Or lose the state of grace by sin or apostasy and then are capable of repentance

Gal 5:4 fallen from grace
Rev have your name removed from the book of life and hundreds more
See post #54.

You keep going 'round and 'round the same ole bush, hoping to come out in a better place.

Get better Biblically informed. . .or lay it to rest.

Upvote 0