Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Faith gives birth to works.
Faith without works is dead.
When I began as a Christian, I only had Faith. It was all I knew for a start; I didn’t know enough for works.
Now as I have been maturing in Faith, I try to do Good Works when I’ve got a chance.
It goes hand in hand.

Lutherans would agree with this, that our faith should be exemplified in works, that we are called to "fruit worthy of repentance" (Luke 3:8), for in the same breath that St. Paul says that we are saved by grace through faith, and this is not of ourselves, but the gift of God and not by our own efforts he also says that we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which God prepared for us beforehand that we should walk in them (Ephesians 2:8-10). The same Apostle says, "Work out your salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). But what Lutherans make as a critical point is that these works do not earn us favor with God, these works do not count toward us as righteousness that renders us just before God, as though such works offset the unrighteousness of our sinful works.

These good works are not to earn brownie points with God, but rather that in light of God's mercy with which He has so super-abundantly saved us by what Christ has done, we ought to now go and do as we ought in the freedom of our faith. For God has freed us from the bondage of the Law, by which we were held in contempt by our own sin, that we might walk in the freedom as the children of God in good works out of liberty and love--that a heart full of love moved by the Spirit outward toward the needs of our fellow man and the world around us.

For our neighbor is hungry, let us feed him. Our neighbor is thirsty, let us give her drink. There is a child without mother, mother without child, let us console, comfort, care, and bring the kindness of God to those who suffer and are in need.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,388,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
mXruUXx.jpg

MOD HAT ON

Thread closed for Staff Review.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Admin hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

This thread has gone thru a clean-up of
Goading & Flaming posts and
Disruptive Behavior.
Please posts according to the rules of CF.

Disruptive Behavior, Campaigning, Staff Disciplinary Action
To maintain the peace and harmony on CF you must refrain from doing the following on the public forums:

• Making posts that speak of any Staff action either with you or another member (including any bans, warnings, or editing or removal of posts).
  • Complaining about another members posts/threads, Christian Forums or its Staff.
  • Spite reports - e.g. reporting in retaliation, multiple reports on a member using opposing arguments but are not violations, or repeatedly reporting a member in harassment.
  • Attempting to undermine these rules or policies via campaigns, petitions, or protests is not allowed.
If you feel the need to discuss another member's behavior, or have a issue about CF, its Staff or Policies, please make a Ticket in Support and discuss it in private with our Admins and Advisors

Flaming and Goading

• Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
    • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here.. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
    • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
    • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.
    • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
    • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
    • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

Hat off.

Upvote 0