the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Staurolite crystals, or fairy stones, are brick-shaped crystals that, under pressure, can twist to form 60 or 90 degree angles, making it look like a cross. In the United States, fairy stones can be found in Virginia, Georgia, and New Mexico. Virginia has the most fairy stones.
They come in four varieties- brick-shaped, Maltese Cross, St. Andrew’s cross, and Roman cross.
There is a legend about how fairy stones came to be. One day, a messenger told the fairies about Jesus’s death. The fairies were devastated. They cried, and when their tears hit the ground they were crystallized, in the shape of a cross.
Of course, fairies are not real, but that doesn’t make fairy stones any less magical. Their unique shape makes them another amazing example of God’s creation!
upload_2022-1-5_10-31-34.jpeg

(I wanted to post an article, but none of the ones I found were Christian, so I wrote this instead. I hope you like it and I hope you learned something!)

Last edited:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Staurolite crystals, or fairy stones, are brick-shaped crystals that, under pressure, can twist to form 60 or 90 degree angles, making it look like a cross. In the United States, fairy stones can be found in Virginia, Georgia, and New Mexico. Virginia has the most fairy stones.
They come in four varieties- brick-shaped, Maltese Cross, St. Andrew’s cross, and Roman cross.
There is a legend about how fairy stones came to be. One day, a messenger told the fairies about Jesus’s death. The fairies were devastated. They cried, and when their tears hit the ground they were crystallized, in the shape of a cross.
Of course, fairies are not real, but that doesn’t make fairy stones any less magical. Their unique shape makes them another amazing example of God’s creation!
View attachment 310516
(I wanted to post an article, but none of the ones I found were Christian, so I wrote this instead. I hope you like it and I hope you learned something!)
That’s cool! I want some!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rocks, minerals, crystals and fossils are listed for sale in Ebay.
I know. I prefer rock shops and shoes though. Shipping is a killer anymore! I posted some of my rock collection around here somewhere awhile back. Have you seen it?

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know. I prefer rock shops and shoes though. Shipping is a killer anymore! I posted some of my rock collection around here somewhere awhile back. Have you seen it?
Can you post a link to it?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw it. Collecting costs too much gas. I have thrown away many rocks. I have a few left. When I was about 20, I went to near Herkimer, NY to look for double terminated quartz crystals. I paid a collecting fee. An old timer staying in a camper showed me how to use my sledge hammer and chisels to break up the dolomite ledge and open cavities of crystals. Most of my collection of these are discarded, lost or stolen. Now I am 62 and have no interest in prospecting. I stopped buying rocks years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
View attachment 310516

No kidding! Man geology is fascinating, this is all naturally occurring? Incredible!

Amazing to think God imprinted his plan for salvation history into the nature itself in the process of erosion. So freakin' cool!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 310516

Very cool! I want some!

Also, fairies obviously exist. I found this photo of one.

latest

Upvote 0

Treasurer

May 31, 2005
At home.
✟17,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's pretty cool. I am a rockhound and I wire wrap jewelry. I have heard of these cute stones but haven't made to any of the states that have them yet.

I live by Mounds State Park which has the White River running through it. We get a lot of interesting stones in the White River. One of which is Iron Stone, also called Indian Paint Pots (because some of them used to be used for mixing paint in).

Anyways I liked your story and your stones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's pretty cool. I am a rockhound and I wire wrap jewelry. I have heard of these cute stones but haven't made to any of the states that have them yet.

I live by Mounds State Park which has the White River running through it. We get a lot of interesting stones in the White River. One of which is Iron Stone, also called Indian Paint Pots (because some of them used to be used for mixing paint in).

Anyways I liked your story and your stones.
Posts some pics of your finds sometime! :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will be glad to.
Those hollow stones... they are not geodes. What are they? I find them a lot when I walk along the shoreline of the river. I even found one that could be pulled apart and has a small stone inside of it that had not fallen out yet.

Upvote 0

Treasurer

May 31, 2005
At home.
✟17,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Michie

Yes, those are found along rivers. They are iron stone. And yes, the reason you find them hollow is because at one point they had soft sand stone inside them. (Depending on what river and location will give you Ironstone properties. Ironstone are sedimentary rocks consisting of at least 15% Ironstone by weight, which may be quoted as 19% FeO or 21% Fe2O3 or an equivalent admixture in a chemical analysis.").

A geode has crystals inside. They too can be found along rivers. I have to travel South to find those. In Nashville, IN. They are all over the place. So cool. Oh one of my friends was lucky enough to find a blue chalcedony botryoidal geode. I took a piece of that and made a pendant out of it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,647,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Michie

Yes, those are found along rivers. They are iron stone. And yes, the reason you find them hollow is because at one point they had soft sand stone inside them. (Depending on what river and location will give you Ironstone properties. Ironstone are sedimentary rocks consisting of at least 15% Ironstone by weight, which may be quoted as 19% FeO or 21% Fe2O3 or an equivalent admixture in a chemical analysis.").

A geode has crystals inside. They too can be found along rivers. I have to travel South to find those. In Nashville, IN. They are all over the place. So cool. Oh one of my friends was lucky enough to find a blue chalcedony botryoidal geode. I took a piece of that and made a pendant out of it.
Thank you for the info. I’ve been to Nashville IN and gotten geodes too! So fun! Post some of your jewelry sometime. I have pics of part of my collection here somewhere. I’ll post a link if I find it. It’s nice to meet you by the way! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Treasurer
Upvote 0