• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

"Fainting feeling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup, it's happened to me plenty of times. It's very, very common with us anxiety folks. As long as you've been given a clean bill of health, it's probably related to blood pressure and stress. When our hearts are pounding and we're breathing too fast or too shallow, and our bodies are all tensed up (and I know, for me, I can be that way without even realizing it), it's easy to suddenly feel faint or dizzy or exhausted out of nowhere. I know it happens to me especially when I get up or stand up. It used to scare the dickens out of me, but I just remind myself that I'm fine, I don't have any big health problems, I'm not going to faint, just take a few slow breaths and keep moving.

Keep your chin up!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Amhacajo

Turn worry into wonder...
Oct 25, 2006
Australia
✟24,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That dizzy feeling you talk about is usually to do with your breathing rate. All tense and stressed with your heart pounding you usually don't even realise. Making a concious effort to try and slow your breathing down usually helps; for me anyway. I sorta do this 'sighing' thing which tends to help for whatever reason.

Reactions: KTKat
Upvote 0

LongAgoNThGarden

Feb 12, 2008
the wilderness journey heading toward New Jerusale
✟7,767.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi KTKat,:wave:

I too have felt a type of dizziness before, and when I have felt it, I would slow down what ever I’m doing at the time, and sink my weight a bit, and then it would pass quickly.

You mentioned your breathing being pretty shallow.

I believe that good breathing is very important, and it has been said that it helps proper amounts of oxygenated blood to go to all the parts of the body and brain to assist in better health.

For this, I practice a Tai Chi Form of exercise which looks sort of like a very slow type of dance movements. This exercise also incorporates deep breathing that correlate to the movements. For me, I feel this has helped me to breath more properly while also strengthening the body.

While I love this form of exercise, I do not adhere to the Asian religious philosophy that so often times accompanies this type of exercise when it is being taught. I am a Christian who firmly believes what Jesus said when He said I am the way, the truth and the life, and that no one can come unto the Father but by Me. John 14:6

I remember my praying granny called the one’s she had “Dizzy Spells.”

She took several different types of medication.

She also made the best homemade apple turnovers in the whole wide world.

If they have a kitchen up in heaven, she’s probably in there making Jesus some right now.

God bless you in Christ,

Garden:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hooray for Garden's Grandma's apple turnovers!!

Just a note: when you want to "slow down" your breathing, remember, it doesn't mean taking huge breaths in and out, one after the other. Even if you're doing that slowly, that isn't how your body naturally breathes, and it can actually make you feel worse. I used to do that, and wondered why my "slow breathing" didn't feel relaxing at all!!

If you pay attention to your breathing, say, when you're about to fall asleep (when you're truly relaxed), you'll notice you take a slow breath (not a really deep breath) in, and then there's a little pause, and then you exhale slowly, and then you pause again before taking another breath. It's not this unending succession of inhale-exhale-inhale-exhale. Maybe other people already know that, but I sure didn't, until I paid attention to it, and it made all the difference.

So now, when I want to relax through breathing, I take a calm breath, wait a second, then let it out calmly, and wait another second before taking another breath.

Hope that helps somebody out there :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.