Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Vaccines work, as an example

ONS estimated Covid rates for England by age
And here are the ONS’s Covid rates for England by age. Again, the figures come from the data tables (pdf) and they show the estimated rate of people who would have tested positive for Covid on 21 April.

Age 2 to school year 6: 1 in 660

School year 7 to year 11: 1 in 380

School year 12 to age 24: 1 in 440

Age 25 to 34: 1 in 680

Age 35 to 49: 1 in 730

Age 50 to 69: 1 in 1,540

Age 70+: 1 in 2,830

What does this data tell us? In the UK vaccination has been given by age, oldest first, and as one can see from the estimated infection rates there is a significantly lower infection rates in the older population. So far over 50% of the pop has been vaccinated and this week the over 40s are now eligible.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Johnson and Johnson ruined 15 million doses of the vaccine, by mixing up the ingredients and everyone wants to preach how safe it is?
Redirect Notice

Yeah. That happened a month ago. A manufacturer they contracted to produce the vaccine messed up. It was in the news.

More people who have been vaccinated are getting Covid than those who aren't vaccinated
Complete and utter rubbish. The vaccines have shown to be very good at preventing infection (IIRC, 70+% for Moderna/Pfizer) and amazing at preventing serious infection - 95+% prevention of serious infection.

Though, granted, if enough people become vaccinated that will eventually be true because of how numbers work. If there's 1000 people vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated, and the vaccinated people are infected at a rate of 1% while the unvaccinated are infected at a rate of 80% that means 10 vaccinated people infected and 8 unvaccinated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hahaha! That is nothing? I know thousands of people who haven't been vaccinated and none of them got it. Zero is nothing. 7000 is 7000.
I seriously doubt you know thousands of people who haven't gotten it considering close to 10% of the entire US population has been infected at some point with COVID. I only know a few hundred people and I personally know 3 who have died from it, not just gotten it but died from it. And 7000 out of 85 Million is nothing, or close to it. It's .0084%, or another way to put it, 1 out of 11972. To put that in perspective, you have a 1 in 4292 chance of being hit by a car while crossing the street. That's 2.8 times higher then a breakthrough infection, and mind you that those 7 thousand are only those who got Covid at all. Only 500 of those were serious enough to need hospitalizations, that's .0006% or 1 in 166667 odds. To use my earlier example, you have 1 in 47237 odds of being killed by a car while crossing the street, or 3.5 more likely. So no, it's not exactly zero, but it's close enough that I don't see why people worry about it.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Gene Parmesan

Apr 4, 2017
Earth
✟36,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Jaxxi said:
Hahaha! That is nothing? I know thousands of people who haven't been vaccinated and none of them got it. Zero is nothing. 7000 is 7000.
Winner of most fallacious argument in the thread, right here.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you..what I don't understand is why people are so divided, and against us who don't want this vaccine. I'm not taking it...and I feel like I am being frowned upon.

Oh, don't you know? Those of us who refuse the vaccine are cold-blooded, hate-filled killers who want our neighbors dead. We are selfish, callous criminals and mass murderers, no better than Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Genghis Khan. We strangle puppies for fun, and we disembowel kittens for sport because we like to see living creatures die. We deliberately go into supermarkets and restaurants and breathe on people, so they'll develop disease and expire. What sort of monstrous creatures would do such things? Why, you and me, of course----because we refuse to take their vaccine.

I suffer from severe seasonal allergies. This year is particularly bad....ever since that pollen started popping out, I have been miserable. I cough, sneeze, and my eyes burn all the time, even though I'm taking my prescribed allergy meds. But every time I have to go into a public place, I get real tired of the hostility and the death glares from everybody else I encounter.....it gets real tiresome.

touched the dog.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Statistically, without the vaccines a lot more people would have been infected, and many of them would have died. 7000 isn't literally nothing, but it's much better than the alternative.
That sounds good if it were a real vaccine and this disease was of natural origin. AIDS came from monkeys, we have bird flu snd swine flu. Where did Covid-19 come from?

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah. That happened a month ago. A manufacturer they contracted to produce the vaccine messed up. It was in the news.

Complete and utter rubbish. The vaccines have shown to be very good at preventing infection (IIRC, 70+% for Moderna/Pfizer) and amazing at preventing serious infection - 95+% prevention of serious infection.

Though, granted, if enough people become vaccinated that will eventually be true because of how numbers work. If there's 1000 people vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated, and the vaccinated people are infected at a rate of 1% while the unvaccinated are infected at a rate of 80% that means 10 vaccinated people infected and 8 unvaccinated.
If there are 1000 vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated then 1000 people stay safe and 10 most likely get i it and one dies,

Those are my calculations.

A randomly chosen US citizen has an average risk of dying from COVID in the next 6 months, that is by the end of May, of roughly 1 in 1,000 and the risk of hospitalization of roughly about 1 in 200,” Goodman told an FDA advisory committee at a virtual hearing.

Oh! And those are their calculations too. So you are vaccinated. Dont worry about us. We cannot hurt you.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If there are 1000 vaccinated and 10 unvaccinated then 1000 people stay safe and 10 most likely get i it and one dies,

Those are my calculations.

A randomly chosen US citizen has an average risk of dying from COVID in the next 6 months, that is by the end of May, of roughly 1 in 1,000 and the risk of hospitalization of roughly about 1 in 200,” Goodman told an FDA advisory committee at a virtual hearing.

Oh! And those are their calculations too. So you are vaccinated. Dont worry about us. We cannot hurt you.
Except you can, because as you pointed out, breakthrough infections are still happening. And the more this virus jumps from person to person, the more of a chance that it mutates in a way that the vaccine can't stop. Not to mention people who can't get vaccinated for a number of reasons.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I seriously doubt you know thousands of people who haven't gotten it considering close to 10% of the entire US population has been infected at some point with COVID. I only know a few hundred people and I personally know 3 who have died from it, not just gotten it but died from it. And 7000 out of 85 Million is nothing, or close to it. It's .0084%, or another way to put it, 1 out of 11972. To put that in perspective, you have a 1 in 4292 chance of being hit by a car while crossing the street. That's 2.8 times higher then a breakthrough infection, and mind you that those 7 thousand are only those who got Covid at all. Only 500 of those were serious enough to need hospitalizations, that's .0006% or 1 in 166667 odds. To use my earlier example, you have 1 in 47237 odds of being killed by a car while crossing the street, or 3.5 more likely. So no, it's not exactly zero, but it's close enough that I don't see why people worry about it.
I dont see why you care what people are worried about. Its not going to hurt you any so I dont see the big deal. You didnt care that I didnt get my flu shot last year and the flu kills thousands every year. In 2018 the flu killed 37,000 people. So where was the soapbox then?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I dont see why you care what people are worried about. Its not going to hurt you any so I dont see the big deal. You didnt care that I didnt get my flu shot last year and the flu kills thousands every year. In 2018 the flu killed 37,000 people. So where was the soapbox then?
I just explained how it could hurt me. And COVID-19 is far deadlier then the flu. It has killed over 576,000 people. So of course people are more concerned about it.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians claim we care about others more than ourselves

I really don't think many Christians do anymore, many are no different than the world caring more about themselves than anyone else

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just explained how it could hurt me. And COVID-19 is far deadlier then the flu. It has killed over 576,000 people. So of course people are more concerned about it.

Depends on the strain. Covid-19 has killed 3,200,000 worldwide so far. So at the present time, it pretty much equals the 1968 Hong Kong flu pandemic, which killed 3 million worldwide. But both of them pale in comparison to the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which killed 40 to 50 million worldwide, and 675,000 in the United States.

Yearly Flu Deaths Among Adults and Children (verywellhealth.com)

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Number one- I live in Phoenix AZ population 1.6 million. Here is a picture of my church
Screenshot_20210430-205322.png

Plus Facebook, and social media and my customers- yes I know thousands of people and I know 3 people who had it and recovered fine from it. If the vaccine was live and made for a normal virus I would take it but this virus was engineered. It has a spiritual element to it. Have you heard of the psychosis survivors are getting- people with no known mental issues now hear demonic voices telling them to kill themselves? Does that sound like something Mother Nature created? Not to me! I see a red flag with those symptoms. A red flag with horns.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But it is selective. Funny how it made its way into every nursing home across the U.S. ( wiped out those Medicare costs) and for some reason the virus appears to be racist
.( Welfare costs)
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected residents and staff in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities (LTCFs), accounting for 6% of all cases and 38% of all COVID-19 deaths nationwide.

Black Americans are infected with COVID-19 at nearly three times the rate of white Americans, according to a new document from the National Urban League. The report, based on data from Johns Hopkins University, also shows black Americans are twice as likely to die from the virus.

According to the "State of Black America," the infection rate for blacks is 62 per 10,000, compared with 23 per 10,000 for whites. Latinos see even more infections: 73 per 10,000.

Did that say nursing home residents account for 38% of all covid deaths? That is a lot of people. So much for the Baby Boomer crisis they were worried about. Clearly engineered.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It has a spiritual element to it. Have you heard of the psychosis survivors are getting- people with no known mental issues now hear demonic voices telling them to kill themselves? Does that sound like something Mother Nature created? Not to me! I see a red flag with those symptoms. A red flag with horns.

I've heard of it. Scary stuff:

Small Number of Covid Patients Develop Severe Psychotic Symptoms - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Psychotic symptoms in COVID-19 infection: A case series from Lima, Peru (nih.gov)

COVID Hallucinations Seen as Another Troubling Symptom (aarp.org)

Can COVID-19 Cause Psychosis? | Psychology Today

What is ‘COVID Psychosis’ and What Are the Symptoms? – NBC Chicago

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It has a spiritual element to it. Have you heard of the psychosis survivors are getting- people with no known mental issues now hear demonic voices telling them to kill themselves? Does that sound like something Mother Nature created? Not to me! I see a red flag with those symptoms. A red flag with horns.
Excuse me.
Are you suggesting that an effect of being ravaged (or having a rather asymptotic case) of COVID19, which can affect the mind, is “really” demons trying to “get through”?

If so, you might wanna get tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
But it is selective. Funny how it made its way into every nursing home across the U.S. ( wiped out those Medicare costs) and for some reason the virus appears to be racist
.( Welfare costs)
The COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected residents and staff in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities (LTCFs), accounting for 6% of all cases and 38% of all COVID-19 deaths nationwide.

Black Americans are infected with COVID-19 at nearly three times the rate of white Americans, according to a new document from the National Urban League. The report, based on data from Johns Hopkins University, also shows black Americans are twice as likely to die from the virus.

According to the "State of Black America," the infection rate for blacks is 62 per 10,000, compared with 23 per 10,000 for whites. Latinos see even more infections: 73 per 10,000.

Did that say nursing home residents account for 38% of all covid deaths? That is a lot of people. So much for the Baby Boomer crisis they were worried about. Clearly engineered.
I think you’re confusing 2 numbers, the percent of Covid cases in nursing home and the percent of nursing home residents affected. About 10% have died. It’s a shocking number, but not big enough to solve cost problems. Most nursing home costs are staffing. Losing 10% of the residents doesn’t lose 10% of the costs, but probably does lose 10% of the income.

https://covidtracking.com/nursing-homes-long-term-care-facilities

• Agree
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The big deal, is 37,000 vs. 500,000, with the 500,000 being done in a year where there was significant effort to control COVID.

If we let it run rampant like the flu a much larger number of people die.

If we were able to control COVID to the point where it kills roughly the same as flu in a year it will be a victory.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
My concern now is the Fall. Cases will go down starting now, no matter what. But if we don’t get enough people vaccinated, it will be back in the fall. We’re on track in NJ to meet the state goal of 70% of adults. Assuming it’s approved for teens shortly, the schools can require it for them. We might make it. Not so sure about the rest of the country.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟276,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Excuse me.
Are you suggesting that an effect of being ravaged (or having a rather asymptotic case) of COVID19, which can affect the mind, is “really” demons trying to “get through”?

If so, you might wanna get tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

Not necessarily. The symptoms are probably due to the effects the virus has on the brains of susceptible individuals.

However, if your comment reflects the idea that demonic activity is a figment of the imagination, I would challenge you to sit in on a few exorcism sessions, and report back to us with your findings. I would advise going into them with an empty stomach and a strong resolve, however; one can encounter things in those sessions that they are definitely not expecting. They've made fervent believers out of more than one smug, dismissive skeptic.

Upvote 0