Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a real problem here. I had a lot of faith in John Kelly being an honorable man.
I'm particularly disappointed by Huckabee-Sanders. She is really making Christians look bad by backing up something that was clearly not even close to being factual.

As far as the 'empty barrel' statement, I had to laugh. Trump takes credit for things he had absolutely nothing to do with, things that were settled before he was President. Doesn't that make him an 'empty barrel' in their point of view?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To say I was disappointed - either with Kelly or with the person some online call 'SHuckS (Huckabee Sanders) - would suggest that I had confidence that either weren't True Believers who had drunk deeply of the Trump Kool-Aid. Despite assurances that Kelly's word is unimpeachable gospel truth, he has shown himself to be a liar (at least in this case).

Everything this "president" touches turns to excrement.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
I'm leery of the trustworthiness of anyone who turns someone else's private condolence call into a political circus and is described in her wikipedia article as "an avid wearer of hats".
I'm also leery of the trustworthiness of anyone that Donald Trump considers worthy of high office.

So excuse me while I step back from this and take a few moments to simply bask in the awesomness of...
Representative Federica Wilson's hats

447px-Frederica_Wilson_official_House_portrait.jpg

b4s_wilsonhat051109d_67836a_8col.jpg

b4s_wilsonhat051109c_67833a_8col.jpg

Congresswoman-Frederica-Wilson-D-Fla.--e1374375387419.jpg

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: Rion and tulc
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm leery of the trustworthiness of anyone who turns someone else's private condolence call into a political circus and is described in her wikipedia article as "an avid wearer of hats".
I'm also leery of the trustworthiness of anyone that Donald Trump considers worthy of high office.

So excuse me while I step back from this and take a few moments to simply bask in the awesomness of...
Representative Federica Wilson's hats

447px-Frederica_Wilson_official_House_portrait.jpg

b4s_wilsonhat051109d_67836a_8col.jpg

b4s_wilsonhat051109c_67833a_8col.jpg

Congresswoman-Frederica-Wilson-D-Fla.--e1374375387419.jpg
Still, her hats better than mop Trump wears on his head. And do not even talk about the orange face paint.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
There is a real problem here. I had a lot of faith in John Kelly being an honorable man.
I'm particularly disappointed by Huckabee-Sanders. She is really making Christians look bad by backing up something that was clearly not even close to being factual.

As far as the 'empty barrel' statement, I had to laugh. Trump takes credit for things he had absolutely nothing to do with, things that were settled before he was President. Doesn't that make him an 'empty barrel' in their point of view?

At the bottom of the link:

Wilson "also had quite a few comments that day that weren’t part of that speech and weren’t part of that video that were witnessed by many people that were there," Huckabee Sanders said.

It's entirely possible for her to have made some sort of claim during the event, just not on the stage. Human memory can shift minor aspects around, combine them, and even alter them a bit.

https://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the bottom of the link:

Wilson "also had quite a few comments that day that weren’t part of that speech and weren’t part of that video that were witnessed by many people that were there," Huckabee Sanders said.

It's entirely possible for her to have made some sort of claim during the event, just not on the stage. Human memory can shift minor aspects around, combine them, and even alter them a bit.

https://agora.stanford.edu/sjls/Issue One/fisher&tversky.htm
What Kelly said was more than altering a bit. He made it sound like her whole speech was short and self-serving. It was more than, well he just confused when something was said. If his memory is that failing that he remembers everyone sitting there as being Shocked by what she said in a speech, then he probably should retire because his memory is failing and causing him to be confused in major ways.
I am disappointed in Sanders trying to make excuses as well.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What Kelly said was more than altering a bit. He made it sound like her whole speech was short and self-serving. It was more than, well he just confused when something was said. If his memory is that failing that he remembers everyone sitting there as being Shocked by what she said in a speech, then he probably should retire because his memory is failing and causing him to be confused in major ways.
I am disappointed in Sanders trying to make excuses as well.

*shrug* Maybe he is lying, maybe she said it at a different point. I dunno. I don't have a reason to trust either, so I'm going to hold off making a judgement for now. I have jumped to conclusions in the past, more video emerges, and I raged for nothing. As for Sanders, what are you expecting? Press Secs are paid liars, which is why they burn out faster than most other positions.

Upvote 0