• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Facing fear: What is your goal for today?

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's a thread like this in the depression forums and it seems to help people out when they start their day with a goal.

My goal for today is to take the 30 minute drive to and from my university. I have been working on driving all summer and I've only driven to the school a few times so far. I need to keep practicing before school starts because driving is one of the things that causes me a lot of anxiety. I want to be used to driving to school, which will hopefully help me to avoid panic attacks.
This is a great thread maycontainnuts.
I read through and watched everyone's
progress and it was very uplifting.

I can see that you're very determined
and wanted to say "way to go"!!

My theory is that those
who suffer this junk are
very sensitive and loving
people, so GREAT
to meet all you sweethearts.
;)

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This is a great thread maycontainnuts.
I read through and watched everyone's
progress and it was very uplifting.

I can see that you're very determined
and wanted to say "way to go"!!

My theory is that those
who suffer this junk are
very sensitive and loving
people, so GREAT
to meet all you sweethearts.
;)

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I forgot that when I first started this thread, I was still very afraid of driving to school alone and would follow my Mom there and back. Now I drive there alone almost every day.

Upvote 0

KTKat

Jan 21, 2008
Littleton
✟15,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^ that's great!!!! I know for a fact this forum has helped me out. When I first joined, I was in a all time low. But I feel like now I can handle my anxiety a little better each day.
As for today, my goal was to make it to the store. But the snowy roads and cloudy skies aren't helping much. I always seem a little more anxious on cloudy days, anyone else effected by the weather?

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
^ that's great!!!! I know for a fact this forum has helped me out. When I first joined, I was in a all time low. But I feel like now I can handle my anxiety a little better each day.
As for today, my goal was to make it to the store. But the snowy roads and cloudy skies aren't helping much. I always seem a little more anxious on cloudy days, anyone else effected by the weather?

I am more anxious if I have to drive in the rain. Cloudy days also make me feel kind of bleh.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Today I to drive, I have an exam, and I have to work on a group project. I'm just not in the mood to do the group thing but I don't have a choice. (Well I guess technically I do, but I am unwilling to miss class and get points docked just because I'm feeling antisocial today lol.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KTKat

Jan 21, 2008
Littleton
✟15,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:sigh: I also had a bad day yesterday. My goal today is not to let my anxiety take over! I got no sleep last night because of my anxiety, I felt like I couldn't breathe for some reason, so I slept my morning away. But I suppose I'm feeling ok now.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

lexio

Feb 29, 2008
✟15,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:sigh: I also had a bad day yesterday. My goal today is not to let my anxiety take over! I got no sleep last night because of my anxiety, I felt like I couldn't breathe for some reason, so I slept my morning away. But I suppose I'm feeling ok now.
Dont let one day of anxiety bring you down girl. That was yesterday today is a new day.

Plus you dont have a monkey always looking at your feet like I do lol!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Today it is just about making it through. I had a super, super bad day yesterday, and I just want to get through this one without crying.
:(
Man that stinks, so sorry to hear.
Hang in there threegirls!
I dont know your story, but I will pray
for your day for tomorrow.
:crossrc:

Oh man. So sorry to hear this.
Hope you have a support person.
:hug:

Have you guys tried the Bcomplex btw?
Just wondering.

Reactions: 3girls2dogs
Upvote 0

Amhacajo

Turn worry into wonder...
Oct 25, 2006
Australia
✟24,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3girls2dogs and KTKat big :hug: That is exactly how I was a few days ago. Feeling alot better now though. Hang in there!!

Feeling pretty good today so no real fear things to face but tomorrow I need to take my son to a birthday party at a place that I have never been before so feeling slightly anxious about that (my saving grace in this situation is that it's a really good friends son so she will be there) also need to make a follow up call to another mother about another party to find out an address. My kids party invitations always stress me out!

Reactions: 3girls2dogs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.