• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Facing fear: What is your goal for today?

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It seems to help people out when they start their day with a goal. You can post a goal related to your anxiety or just an ordinary goal for the day, even if it does not make you anxious.

Example: My goal for today is to take the 30 minute drive to and from my university. I have been working on driving all summer and I've only driven to the school a few times so far. I need to keep practicing before school starts because driving is one of the things that causes me a lot of anxiety. I want to be used to driving to school, which will hopefully help me to avoid panic attacks.

ETA: Since beginning this thread a few years ago, I am now able to drive 1000+ mile trips. :)

Last edited:

FreeBessi

Jul 18, 2007
Denver, CO
Visit site
✟7,641.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Get ready, get dressed, look nice, and go to the Dance for Dignity at the NSA. Even though I feel like I am barely making it through the day today, I want to go; I DON'T want to disappoint the people who are expecting me, and most of all I DON'T want to disappoint myself.

Bessi:kiss:

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Today my goal is to either a) find and kill the bug in my bathroom or b) not freak out too much about not being able to find the bug in my bathroom. I know this sounds like a silly goal but I have a SEVERE phobia of bugs and I would rather deal with almost any other fear than to deal with the bug.

I guess I should talk to my therapist about this eventually because it really is ridiculous how worked up I get if I see a bug or a spider. I'm going to have to deal with them for the rest of my life so I need to at least find some way to make it less stressful for myself.

Other than that, my goal is to drive to the gym and maybe the store. That shouldn't be a big deal, though.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Today's goal is to practice driving in the early morning traffic again.

I don't know if I am going to continue posting here because I have issues with the fact that Erwin removed "Christian" from what was Christianforums.com. So many people in history chose to be tortured and executed rather than to deny that they were Christian. Spending $7000 to take Christian out of the website's name and call it a "social networking" place just really rubs me the wrong way. :sigh:

I wish you all the best in your recovery from anxiety! I am going to continue fighting and I hope you all do so, too.

Upvote 0

ma2000

Veteran
Feb 8, 2007
Romania
✟14,125.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I don't know if I am going to continue posting here because I have issues with the fact that Erwin removed "Christian" from what was Christianforums.com. So many people in history chose to be tortured and executed rather than to deny that they were Christian. Spending $7000 to take Christian out of the website's name and call it a "social networking" place just really rubs me the wrong way. :sigh:

I wish you all the best in your recovery from anxiety! I am going to continue fighting and I hope you all do so, too.
God bless you and may He grant you a quick recovery!

Upvote 0

FreeBessi

Jul 18, 2007
Denver, CO
Visit site
✟7,641.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Whether it says Christian or not, whatever the owners or whomever do, I'm here for the people. About a year ago I was recovering from a serious coke addiction and the people in here gave me nothing but support. I, myself, am not a "Christian", especially in the true sense of the word (believing seriously that Jesus was supernatural) though I am a follower of Jesus' message and his teachings, so I guess I'm probably less offended than you are, if you consider yourself a "Christian"; I personally come to this forum for the excellent support that wonderful, caring individuals who believe in what Jesus taught tend to give freely and lovingly. :groupray:

P.S.
Just to remind... Many people chose to be tortured and executed by these "Christians" rather than deny their own faith as well... Just a thought..... :cry:

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am back for now; I have cooled off from the initial shock of the name change. That's a good point about non-Christians also losing their lives for not denying what they believed. Anyway, I find the new logos and slogan ideas encouraging. As long as the site continues to acknowledge a Christian influence I think I will continue to post.

So anyway, my goals for today are:

-To drive to campus again because I have to get more books and some other supplies
-Wash my car (although I guess that doesn't count as something that would make me anxious)
-Shop for a few new things to wear to school (this probably will be challenging because if there are lots of people out doing school shopping that will make me more likely to have anxiety issues... plus I don't like shopping much anyway)

Reactions: Amhacajo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
To go to class and get through the day. My dog is having surgery today so it is going to be a high anxiety day.

My first day of school was Monday and that went fine. Also, the shopping went fine. I even stayed in Old Navy a long time which was a big deal because that's one of the places where I had one of my first panic attacks.

Reactions: Amhacajo
Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To go to class and get through the day. My dog is having surgery today so it is going to be a high anxiety day.

My first day of school was Monday and that went fine. Also, the shopping went fine. I even stayed in Old Navy a long time which was a big deal because that's one of the places where I had one of my first panic attacks.
I'll say a prayer for your furry baby today. I love my pets to & I worry about them when they need care.

Today I want to spend time with God & not struggle with worry as much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyAllinAll

Sep 13, 2007
✟7,647.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My goal for the new day:
Find health insurance!!
As a recent college graduate I am no longer covered under my dad's insurance. I am starting a new job but won't get insurance until the next two months. That leaves a two month gap without health insurance and i've had anxiety about everything that can happen and not being insured and paying my life with it.
Sooooo, I need to find soemthing temporary for two months until the other one begins. I can always just trust that God will keep me safe and healthy but for my mental security, I would prefer to have some coverage.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday's goal was to go to a meeting at school. That scared the crap out of me because it was in a place I'd never been to before but I did it :clap:

Today's goal is to get my paper done so I can quit worrying about it.

Upvote 0