Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Many witnesses saw Jesus as He walked about the Earth. More than could be recorded by all the books in the world benefitted by His healing powers. And a great, countless multitude, have since benefitted from His saving grace.

In this RP, you will play one of the multitude (perhaps a Roman soldier, or a devoted student, or a beneficiary of a miracle, etc.) as you observe the events of the Gospel, recorded and unrecorded (but MUST not introduce new teaching supposedly from Him).

The time is one month before Passover, and the place, wherever your Savior currently rests his foot. See the OOC for the order and set of recorded events. Click here to go to the OOC

~*~

Rebecca panted slightly from the hot sun, and the effort of lugging that great jug of water. It was a long way to go from the village well to her home, and she was only half of the way there. She set it down for a moment, and wiped the sweat from her forehead. Her skin was swarthy from all the work she did outside in the Israeli sun. As she stood for a while, resting, a Roman soldier who had been doing nothing previously walked over to her.
"A drink, Jew." he ordered. Rebecca winced. It was extremely against the social order for a man to even speak to a strange woman publicly, let alone make a request of her. Keeping her eyes averted, she stepped back without a word. The soldier dipped a filthy hand into the jug, and held it up to his mouth to drink. When he had finished, he said in a raspy voice, "I am weary. Carry my shield for me for a while."
Rebecca risked a reply. "My lord, you have every right to make this request," (simply for formality's sake, considering she didn't look forward to a club to the head) "but I also bear a heavy burden which requires both hands. If I take your shield up for you, I will have to leave my water, and I will quite likely lose it."
"Well, then," the soldier snapped, "you had better not lag behind then." He tossed his shield haphazardly at her, and she just managed to catch in time. She hid her disgust at having a gentile implement in her hands. The strain of catching overtook this quickly. Quickly joined by the shield was the soldiers bag of rations.
As Rebecca winced in effort as she went after the soldier, the two of them came to a large crowd. The soldier paused in curiosity. Rebecca set down her load, and also stood on tiptoe.
"Behold, the great teacher! God's prophet, Jesus of Nazareth!"
Jesus Himself was passing beneath a large tree. The leaves of this tree rusted in a strange manner. Squinting, Rebecca could just make out a rather short, richly regaliaed man. She let out a giggle. Almost as if Jesus had noticed her mirth, He too looked up into the tree. A smile burst across His face, and He let out a pleasant laugh. Then, He called out to the little man,
"Zaccheus! Come down from there. I will be staying with you today." The little man hastily climbed down, and he was quickly out of sight in the sea of heads towering above his own. Rebecca laughed again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abashag

Feb 6, 2008
Earth- not my home.
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OOC: Feel free to :) However, please remember to place IC content within all of your posts :)

IC:

Rebecca stood on tiptoe, trying to keep Jesus and the small man who'd been identified as Zaccheus within her sight. She could just barely see Jesus, but she couldn't hear His converstation with the small man over the chattering of the crowd. She felt a stir of irritation. Even in the presence of prophets, a crowd's tongue is never stilled! she thought.

"Woman, my implements." a gruff voice said beside her. With a little jump, Rebecca remembered that she had been drafted to carry the Roman's things. She uttered a small growl of agitation which went unheard because of the crowd, and picked them up again to follow the soldier.

Upvote 0