TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're right. It's ironic to hear some people complain about Facebook permanently banning a member when CF does the same thing whenever a contentious member repeatedly violates a site rule.

To think, we could've sued every time we got hit with the Wrath of Mod...

...so many last opportunities...

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not as great a decision as it seems on the surface, as they had to add the mealy-mouthed "we will revisit this after x months" line to appease the unreasonable.

If I was banned from this site, it would suck and I'd probably be upset about it. But I would accept (or learn to accept) it because CF has terms of service (TOS) that should apply to everyone who agrees to be a part of this site. If a supposedly grown man can't accept Facebook's TOS, he shouldn't be allowed to stay on there; it's really simple.
Ringo

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's not as great a decision as it seems on the surface, as they had to add the mealy-mouthed "we will revisit this after x months" line to appease the unreasonable.

If I was banned from this site, it would suck and I'd probably be upset about it. But I would accept (or learn to accept) it because CF has terms of service (TOS) that should apply to everyone who agrees to be a part of this site. If a supposedly grown man can't accept Facebook's TOS, he shouldn't be allowed to stay on there; it's really simple.
Ringo

From what I understand, Facebook's TOS doesn't allow for an "indefinite" ban -- but it does allow for permanent bans. So the review board basically said, "Either make it permanent, or set a date when he can come back. You've got six months to decide."

• Informative
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
social media has become a main source of information for many, much like the press that in our nation is expected to be a "free press" and source of information, this is clearly being trod upon.

If many people are using social media as a source of information, then many people are idiots. Whose fault is that?

If barring a person from social media for violating their TOS is trodding upon "free press," then what would you call it if a social media site chose to shut down completely?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
social media has become a main source of information for many, much like the press that in our nation is expected to be a "free press" and source of information, this is clearly being trod upon.
The concept of “free press” is that the government should not interfere. It is not that private publishers have to publish editorials from every fool with an opinion.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,895.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That does not magically transform social media access into a right.

Upvote 0