Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nothing in her posts were hateful at all, in fact they were quite tame yet firm on the stance.

From what I've seen over time these social media outlets make their own rules anyway, contrary to laws. I mean, whose to stop them? It's up to them what content they allow or disallow on their sites as long as it's legal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elizabeth Johnston, an Ohio homeschooling mother of 10 who runs the popular conservative blog "The Activist Mommy," told The Christian Post on Tuesday that Facebook suspended her account earlier this month because she wrote about how Leviticus condemns homosexuality as "detestable" and an "abomination."
Facebook Suspends Christian Homeschool Mom's Account Over Posts Citing Bible on Homosexuality

I reported some very lewd content on Facebook in the past. I received feedback saying "although the content was offensive to you, it is not prohibited by Facebook." Then a suggestion that if I did not like the content to just not visit the page. The problem was it was a general political page any child or church lady could easily come across as it posted news articles.

Basically Facebook gets to decide what is or is not proper content. Zuckerberg is a gay activist and has been for quite some time. I am sure that is why the Mom's page was suspended.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thing is if you want to publish whatever you want without restriction to TOS or EULA,ect.

Your best bet is Always Host the site yourself.

I agree, but let's pray for this mom, yes, brother?

By the way, i pray all is well with you. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I reported some very lewd content on Facebook in the past. I received feedback saying "although the content was offensive to you, it is not prohibited by Facebook." Then a suggestion that if I did not like the content to just not visit the page. The problem was it was a general political page any child or church lady could easily come across as it posted news articles.

Basically Facebook gets to decide what is or is not proper content. Zuckerberg is a gay activist and has been for quite some time. I am sure that is why the Mom's page was suspended.

I did not know that, thanks.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Elizabeth Johnston, an Ohio homeschooling mother of 10 who runs the popular conservative blog "The Activist Mommy," told The Christian Post on Tuesday that Facebook suspended her account earlier this month because she wrote about how Leviticus condemns homosexuality as "detestable" and an "abomination."
Facebook Suspends Christian Homeschool Mom's Account Over Posts Citing Bible on Homosexuality

Another slam from Facebook.

God help us.

Praying for this mom. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
umm..not really

"Let’s set aside the notion that if anyone talked about Christians the way Johnston talks about LGBT people, she’s be the first one whining about it.
The fact is that popular pages of any kind are subject to having posts removed if some people find it offensive. Meanwhile, other anti-gay Christian ***** like Franklin Graham and Joshua Feuerstein — who have Facebook pages with more likes than Johnston — seem to be doing just fine. So this isn’t some anti-Christian conspiracy."
A Homeschooling Christian Mom Wasn’t Suspended from Facebook for Quoting the Bible

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact that Facebook suspends a person's site because of Biblical references to homosexuality shows a clear bias against free speech. Tolerance is fine & noble ... as long as you agree with them!

I have just come from the Facebook page Stand with Barronelle Stutzman where absolutely vile things have been written about her and her faith because she claims the right as a Christian business woman to the free exercise of religion by supporting only traditional marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
umm..not really

"Let’s set aside the notion that if anyone talked about Christians the way Johnston talks about LGBT people, she’s be the first one whining about it.
The fact is that popular pages of any kind are subject to having posts removed if some people find it offensive. Meanwhile, other anti-gay Christian ***** like Franklin Graham and Joshua Feuerstein — who have Facebook pages with more likes than Johnston — seem to be doing just fine. So this isn’t some anti-Christian conspiracy."
A Homeschooling Christian Mom Wasn’t Suspended from Facebook for Quoting the Bible
Facebook is probably less inclined to suspend high profile pages like Graham's to avoid bad press. Also, has Graham used the word "abomination" and the like when referring to homosexuality?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The fact that Facebook suspends a person's site because of Biblical references to homosexuality shows a clear bias against free speech. Tolerance is fine & noble ... as long as you agree with them!
But it doesn't suspend anyone's site for that reason.

I have just come from the Facebook page Stand with Barronelle Stutzman where absolutely vile things have been written about her and her faith because she claims the right as a Christian business woman to the free exercise of religion by supporting only traditional marriage.
I just went to have a look at all these vile comments. I'm still looking...

Upvote 0

Jeepneytravel

Feb 11, 2017
Asia Pacific
✟33,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hoiw dare this mother post Bible references? The politically correct governments have actually legislated the Bible sections against homosexuality is "hate" literature.. (passed in Canada) and upheld by the Supreme court..why are governments continuing to trample the rights of the majority for the sake of a very small percentage of mentally ill individuals who want to practice perverted sexual acitivities....As Christians we should all be concerned what the next step will be...it won't be nice we can be sure of tha.

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums