Facebook(social media) is not of God

jqboston

Oct 24, 2011
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many relationships have gone bad because of Facebook? And is it right to open more temptations to your life? Is it right to post info for everyone to see? No. Information and especially personal info should be between you and your significant other or immediate family. You should publicize what you're doing and what's happening your life. How is that right. You do not share personal life with Facebook. I think Facebook is the devils work. I really don't like it. I've had one and all it has done is bad. I don't publicize anything. I just kept in touch with friends, or so-called friends. I think I did the right thing to find a way to delete it permanently. People do nothing but evil on it and therefore Facebook is evil. It has abused into a way to let everyone know peoples business and cause drama. It causes problems with relationships. It will always cause problems and I think that it will keep negatively affecting peoples lives. People are addicted to it and they need to realize that it's best to do without it

Eastern Drifter

Oct 19, 2011
the Ages of Ages
✟16,361.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Facebook, like the internet itself, does more harm than good. I agree with that. However, in and of itself, it is neutral. It's a tool that can be used for good or evil.

It can be used to minister and bring people to Christ, or, more easily, it can be used to tempt (like you said) and lead people away from Christ and to the devil.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,192.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
JQBoston, thank you for your post, you make some real good points!

If there was no facebook, it would probably be a good thing because of all the bad things that can happen or can be posted. That goes for the internet too. I do agree though it can be used for good. I used to go on Christian chat rooms, but I could not handle it anymore, I was too emotionally involved and often got hurt, but for some it is a tool they can use to help others. I think with facebook, it is good for some and not so good for others. I think it some people can handle it without posting things they shouldn't and use it for God's glory and others should stay away from it. This is just my opinion. God bless.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's not neutral, it's from the devil. Christians shouldn't evangelize, only live an exemplary life and go to church. It's not necessary to communicate through Facebook, there's MySpace, cellular phones, home-phones, email, postal mail.
I have never used Facebook nor seen what it actually looks like or which functionality it has. I'll never start

Jude 14b-16 JB: "I tell you, the Lord will come with his saints in their tens of thousands, to pronounce judgment on all mankind and to sentence the wicked for all the wicked things they have done, and for all the defiant things said against him by irreligious sinners." They are mischief-makers, grumblers governed only by their own desires, with mouths full of boastfull talk, ready with flattery for other people when they see some advantage in it.

CF is neutral
Facebook, like the internet itself, does more harm than good. I agree with that. However, in and of itself, it is neutral. It's a tool that can be used for good or evil.

It can be used to minister and bring people to Christ, or, more easily, it can be used to tempt (like you said) and lead people away from Christ and to the devil.
Previously edited by Unix; 29th November 2011 at 06:36 PM local time

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unix

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I still don't know anything about Facebook, never seen it, but it can easily be used for bad: promoting things, searching persons. So it's really not optimal. I don't think a system with a lot of members is needed.
I've heard the comparison that facebook is like a knife... It can be used for good and for bad...

Upvote 0

Rothen

Apr 21, 2012
✟844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How many relationships have gone bad because of Facebook? And is it right to open more temptations to your life? Is it right to post info for everyone to see? No. Information and especially personal info should be between you and your significant other or immediate family. You should publicize what you're doing and what's happening your life. How is that right. You do not share personal life with Facebook. I think Facebook is the devils work. I really don't like it. I've had one and all it has done is bad. I don't publicize anything. I just kept in touch with friends, or so-called friends. I think I did the right thing to find a way to delete it permanently. People do nothing but evil on it and therefore Facebook is evil. It has abused into a way to let everyone know peoples business and cause drama. It causes problems with relationships. It will always cause problems and I think that it will keep negatively affecting peoples lives. People are addicted to it and they need to realize that it's best to do without it
You are 100% right. There are a lot of evil people on Facebook.
Facebook forced to name the sickos who abused mum online - Mirror Online

Upvote 0

Unix

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Many Facebook users seem to be addicted to taking photos and publishing them on their wall. I think that's so silly. I don't have a camera and have no need to get one.
People are addicted to it and they need to realize that it's best to do without it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 1, 2012
Gloversville, New York
✟7,687.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Bad news friend, Christian Forums is social media

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
... And is it right to open more temptations to your life? Is it right to post info for everyone to see? No. Information and especially personal info should be between you and your significant other or immediate family. ...
nah nah nah-- You control who can see what. If you want to show post to only 3 people then only those three people will see it. You need to take another step further and figure out how not to make everything friendly public.

Upvote 0