Facebook fact-checker issues correction after Candace Owens challenged false rating with legal suit

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Paper Tiger", files: Facebook fact-checker forced to issue correction after Candace Owens challenged 'false' rating

Earlier this month, Owens announced that she was taking legal action against the fact-checkers used by social media platforms. Owens brought the case because she became tired of being censored on Twitter and Facebook by third-party fact-checkers, as well as seeing fellow conservatives being silenced on social media.
"It is time to fact-check the fact-checkers," Owens said. "I'm going to put these suckers through discovery and figure out what the relationship is that they have with Facebook."
"Weeks ago, @facebook censored a post of mine which truthfully stated that @JoeBiden is NOT the President-elect," Owens wrote on Saturday. "So I got lawyers involved. Conclusion? @PolitiFact uncensored the post & admitted that they LIED by rating my post false. The fact-checkers are lying for Democrats."
Facebook and its "fact-checker" were so wrong they knew they couldn't survive even a simple legal challenge.

The term 'Achilles heel' comes to mind. It looks like Candace Owens has pointed the way to dismantling the apparent fraud which permeates big-tech's fact-checking apparatus.

Note that PolitiFact was the so-called fact-checker which admitted error. One might keep that in mind the next time one sees PolitiFact as a reference.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the "Paper Tiger", files: Facebook fact-checker forced to issue correction after Candace Owens challenged 'false' rating

Earlier this month, Owens announced that she was taking legal action against the fact-checkers used by social media platforms. Owens brought the case because she became tired of being censored on Twitter and Facebook by third-party fact-checkers, as well as seeing fellow conservatives being silenced on social media.
"It is time to fact-check the fact-checkers," Owens said. "I'm going to put these suckers through discovery and figure out what the relationship is that they have with Facebook."
"Weeks ago, @facebook censored a post of mine which truthfully stated that @JoeBiden is NOT the President-elect," Owens wrote on Saturday. "So I got lawyers involved. Conclusion? @PolitiFact uncensored the post & admitted that they LIED by rating my post false. The fact-checkers are lying for Democrats."
Facebook and its "fact-checker" were so wrong they knew they couldn't survive even a simple legal challenge.

The term 'Achilles heel' comes to mind. It looks like Candace Owens has pointed the way to dismantling the apparent fraud which permeates big-tech's fact-checking apparatus.

Note that PolitiFact was the so-called fact-checker which admitted error. One might keep that in mind the next time one sees PolitiFact as a reference.
All over whether or not Biden is President-Elect or not.

Wish I had the money for lawyers to fortify my opinions ... on Facebook ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well now we know who fact checks the fact checkers...law suits.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Wait, are you suggesting facebook is untrustworthy? Oh Noes! Say it isn't so!

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
All over whether or not Biden is President-Elect or not.

Wish I had the money for lawyers to fortify my opinions ...
Think of it as the 'straw that broke the camel's back' following a prolonged and pernicious pattern of egregious conduct by Facebook and PolitiFact.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have issues with all these fact check places. They just do a search of the biased site of whatever side they are on. Nobody even gets up out of the chair and investigates anything.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

In a related scenario, Facebook also goes to Yasir Qadhi, a Dr. of Islamic studies to determine whether something is a fact or not about the Koran. The problem is he made a very controversial statement captured on video that undermined a crucial area of contention between Islam and the rest of the world. What do you think happened next? The Christian and Atheist communities used it to criticize the theological positions of religious Muslims.

Not only did Yasir delete his own video but has also censored some responses on Facebook to his embarrassing confession. Some meaning a few of the most successful public figures that discuss the things that are wrong with Islamic theology.

It's like going to the debate forums on CF and only giving one of the debaters the ultimate power to delete his opponents comments and claim it goes against forum rules. It lacks checks and balances.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Funny how the fact checkers actually acknowledge their rare mistakes unlike the bevy of cranks and Qrazies spreading their rigged election nonsense all over the place
LOL ... PolitiFact acknowledged the overt lie only when confronted by legal challenge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums