• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Facebook declares "Boogaloos" a dangerous movement; bans hundreds of accounts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TLK Valentine, Jun 30, 2020.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/06/30/facebook-boogaloo-ban-accounts/

Break the rules, get shown the door...

Thoughts?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,060
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
  3. TLK Valentine

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    From what I've heard, the movement is at least partially responsible for some of the riots... most of the protests have been peaceful.

These people want a civil/race war... they're certain they'll win.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,694
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    They have been at some of the protests. They wear Hawaiian shirts and carry guns.
    Three Boogaloo Bois that were arrested by the FBI in NV. The other group that has been at some protests, specifically seen in Washington state, is the Proud Boys they are a white supremacist group. Neither group is showing up to support the protesters. So when you hear about someone getting shot or starting fires those are the first people I would suspect.

Despite detailed planning, the plot never came about. The men moved on, with aims to disrupt the economy and cause chaos at protests over the death of George Floyd, according to an FBI criminal complaint.

And all three suspects, arrested on May 30, have military backgrounds. Stephen “Kiwi” Parshall, 35, is a former Navy sailor from Las Vegas; 23-year-old Andrew Lynam is a U.S. Army Reservist from Henderson, Nevada, and William Loomis, 40, is a former airman in the U.S. Air Force from Las Vegas.

Three Nevada 'Boogaloo Bois' Arrested by FBI in Firebombing Plot

The article lists several others in other states that have been arrested at the protests.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli ~□~

+2,837
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
  6. TLK Valentine

+21,504
    Agnostic
    Single
    I haven't seen too many groups supporting Al-Qaeda, the KKK, or ISIS... and I can't say I'm sorry for their loss.

7. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    My understanding of this group is that they are somewhat diverse. I know in some instances they supported BLM in their right to protest. "We don't want violence, the last thing we want is violence:" Self-proclaimed "Boogaloo Bois" among armed Idahoans at protests

Here is what one TV station suggests:
    "The Boogaloos are an emerging incarnation of extremism that seems to defy easy categorization. They are yet another confounding factor in the ongoing effort among local, state and federal officials to puzzle out the political sympathies of the agitators showing up to the mostly peaceful George Floyd rallies who have destroyed property, looted businesses, or — in the case of the Boogaloos who descended on Minneapolis — walked around the streets with assault rifles.

Boogaloo members appear to hold conflicting ideological views with some identifying as anarchists and others rejecting formal titles. Some pockets of the group have espoused white supremacy while others reject it. But they have at least two things in common: an affinity for toting around guns in public and a “boogaloo” rallying cry, which is commonly viewed as code for another US civil war."Gun-toting members of the Boogaloo movement are showing up at protests - Local News 8

8. Gregorikos

Gregorikos Mystic

+203
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I can't get over the name tho. :scratch:

9. Trogdor the Burninator

Trogdor the Burninator Senior Veteran

+1,402
    Christian
    Kinda tough if you're just a fan of 1980s dance movies that are the sequel to "Breakin' " though...

10. Ironhold

Ironhold Member

+1,320
    Mormon
    Single
    Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo - Wikipedia

Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films - Wikipedia

Back in the 1980s "boogaloo" was a harmless term that had the same connotations as "shindig".

As can be seen from my above links, the term was used both in the title of a 1984 break-dancing movie *and* a 2014 documentary about the production company that made said movie. I actually have the latter in my collection, and am looking to obtain the former in due time.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,595
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    Proud Boys are basically a right-wing paramilitary group. It's not hard to figure out what they are trying to do, with close connections to some of Trump's closest henchmen like Roger Stone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Nithavela

Nithavela What would Nurgle do?

+11,587
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Personally they remind me of the manson family. The manson family had helter skelter, the boogaloo boys have their thing. Both want a big race war.

13. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+11,694
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I didn't know they had anything to do with Roger Stone.

14. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+2,056
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    It's based on the very bad movie "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo". The term "<Something> 2: Electric Boogaloo" is usually used for something that happens again and is either poorly done or entirely unwanted; though some people use it for any major event happening again.