Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
So there is a friend of one of my Facebook contacts whose profile does not have the option to add them as a friend when their profile is viewed on a desktop computer.

However...

When that same profile is viewed in the Facebook app on my phone, or in the mobile-version of the site on my desktop, the "Add Friend" button is available.

Anyone else see something like this? If so, any insights as to why the presence/absence of the Add Friend button would change based merely upon which device one is using?

UPDATE: This might be based upon whether or not one is using Facebook's New Layout vs the old one. When viewed with the Old Layout, no option to "Add Friend" is there. But when viewed with the New Layout, it's there. Hmmm...

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So there is a friend of one of my Facebook contacts whose profile does not have the option to add them as a friend when their profile is viewed on a desktop computer.

However...

When that same profile is viewed in the Facebook app on my phone, or in the mobile-version of the site on my desktop, the "Add Friend" button is available.

Anyone else see something like this? If so, any insights as to why the presence/absence of the Add Friend button would change based merely upon which device one is using?

Sometimes buttons like the Add Friend button are expressed in a window as a percentage of screen size. I know that oftentimes buttons and tools will disappear from AutoCad based on the screen resolution of the monitor. You can try changing your screen resolution and see if the button returns, or reinstall your browser. Maybe try it on another browser to see if it returns.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes buttons like the Add Friend button are expressed in a window as a percentage of screen size. I know that oftentimes buttons and tools will disappear from AutoCad based on the screen resolution of the monitor. You can try changing your screen resolution and see if the button returns, or reinstall your browser. Maybe try it on another browser to see if it returns.
Thanks, HTacianas; I'll give that a try!

Upvote 0