• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Face on the books

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by lecatholicpilgrim, Jul 17, 2019.

1. lecatholicpilgrim

lecatholicpilgrim New Member

+47
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    Just curious about the last book you guys read or are reading. Anything interesting?

It has been some time since I last read a book; mostly just reading the Bible and Church documents in the last months.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Colin

Colin Senior Veteran

+6,804
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    UK - SNP
    I'm reading this .

[​IMG]

3. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+22,650
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I've been going through books. Today I have been thumbing through a 1958 Marian Missal.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. Fenwick

Fenwick Non Nisi Te Domine

+6,535
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    Juggling a few but currently reading The Catholic Gentleman: Living Authentic Manhood Today, it just came out recently.

5. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+5,363
    Christian
    THE SPY AND THE TRAITOR
    The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War
    By Ben Macintyre
    Illustrated. 358 pp. Crown.

On May 16, 1985, Oleg Gordievsky, the K.G.B.’s top spy in London, opened a telegram from his bosses in Moscow. He read it with growing apprehension. For more than a decade, Gordievsky had been a double agent, turning Soviet secrets over to the British. Now he was being ordered to return home at once. Was this a routine summons? Or had Moscow finally found him out?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,592
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  7. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,676
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    About the only reading I've been doing lately is right before I go to sleep....usually I read either some Scripture, or a few chapters of this little classic, which I absolutely love:
    book 1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  8. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,676
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    But if I'm not quite sleepy, I'll read a chapter of this, which is my latest find. It's pretty good, actually---reminds me of listening to my Dad and my uncle swapping stories on a winter's night: Dad telling about Japanese Zeros on strafing runs in Burma, and Uncle Bernie telling about being shelled by the German artillery at Anzio: book 2.jpg

9. Colin

Colin Senior Veteran

+6,804
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    UK - SNP
    This aids Eucharistic Adoration .

I find John Henry Newman's prose to be poetry , and his poetry to be numinous .

[​IMG]