Ezekiel Emanuel: U.S. Will Have 100 Million Cases Of COVID-19 In Four Weeks, Doubling Every Four Day

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the problem is, the us could have 100 million already, just not enough testing being done to be sure. Can't tell the real growth rate in the US, is the 23k it hit today the total new cases, or the total new cases they could test.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
the problem is, the us could have 100 million already, just not enough testing being done to be sure. Can't tell the real growth rate in the US, is the 23k it hit today the total new cases, or the total new cases they could test.

The tests show positive for Corona Virus, but the Common Cold is a Corona Virus, and other Flu's are also, so how many people showing Positive actually have COVID 19 they don't really know and probably never will.

The reports say, that China knew what was happening in November, but didn't say anything until January, how many people came from China to the US and around the entire World before we ever heard the first reports.

1) Keep safe in Isolation.
2) Wash your hands after going anywhere public.
3) 6 feet means 6 feet separation.
4) DON"T PANIC!

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I don't find a large number of cases frightening. What I find frightening is the prospect of large numbers of deaths and overwhelmed medical service. It appears that we may have barely avoided that.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The tests show positive for Corona Virus, but the Common Cold is a Corona Virus, and other Flu's are also, so how many people showing Positive actually have COVID 19 they don't really know and probably never will.
Huh? the test is based on matching specific features of the genetic material in the virus. It's not a generic test for every virus in the covid family.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Are you suggesting that they are misinterpreting cold viruses for people with the common cold? You know they sequenced the genome of COVID-19, right?

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you suggesting that they are misinterpreting cold viruses for people with the common cold? You know they sequenced the genome of COVID-19, right?

well the test is lkly looking for surface proteins, and if it's too simular to other coronaviruses it would show up as a match. BUT if that was the case, we would also likly have had partial or full immunity since most of us would have been infected at one time or not from the normal one.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Huh? the test is based on matching specific features of the genetic material in the virus. It's not a generic test for every virus in the covid family.

Then some one must be lying about something.

They have said the virus cases diminish with a lower age group, and that those over 70 and in pore health are at the highest risk of getting and dying from.

So how many are Old and have other medical problems, as opposed to younger people.

They are freaking out in NYC like everyone in the City is going to die within the month.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

They have said the virus cases diminish with a lower age group, and that those over 70 and in pore health are at the highest risk of getting and dying from.

So how many are Old and have other medical problems, as opposed to younger people.

They are freaking out in NYC like everyone in the City is going to die within the month.

Ummmm the young still get deathly ill, they just recover better, see how that goes when the hospitals are full, and reality check, in new york city they are likly going to be near the point soon of having to let old people die so the young can survive.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No. They are freaking out in NYC because the cases are overwhelming the hospitals. This reduces the care that is available for people with other afflictions, in addition to the "collateral damage" from the coronavirus that you seem to imply that you are ok with.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well the test is lkly looking for surface proteins, and if it's too simular to other coronaviruses it would show up as a match. BUT if that was the case, we would also likly have had partial or full immunity since most of us would have been infected at one time or not from the normal one.

They look for 2 COVID-19 specific genes using PCR.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I don't find a large number of cases frightening. What I find frightening is the prospect of large numbers of deaths and overwhelmed medical service. It appears that we may have barely avoided that.
We are still mostly on the track of Italy, and could do worse. What does that mean? In both Italy and Spain it means that older or frailer patients that could have been saved have not gotten a ventilator, because younger patients that could live a longer life were given priority. It would mean quite a lot more than 200,000 deaths over the coming several months, unless we can do some key things (like making a lot of ventilators or equivalents fast) differently than those countries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We are still mostly on the track of Italy, and could do worse. What does that mean? In both Italy and Spain it means that older or frailer patients that could have been saved have not gotten a ventilator, because younger patients that could live a longer life were given priority. It would mean quite a lot more than 200,000 deaths over the coming several months, unless we can do some key things (like making a lot of ventilators or equivalents fast) differently than those countries.

Next to Japan, Italy has the second oldest population in the world. so yeah a lot of people died in Italy.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Next to Japan, Italy has the second oldest population in the world. so yeah a lot of people died in Italy.
That will definitely help! As I was pointing out here on CF a couple of weeks ago, our younger average age vs Italy is definitely an aid.

But I'm already taking that into account, in what I said above. Perhaps a more in depth discussion though belongs in a less sensationalist thread than this 100 million in 4 weeks warning above in the OP, to which we won't even get close, since we have been doing distancing and such. (100 million will likely get it, or more, but not that fast; but...still way too fast for our current ventilator capacity, though)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
of course even younger people get sick, and we may still end up with alot of dead, just younger age range.
A few days ago it was reported that 96% of U.S. deaths were from patients with underlying health conditions. Of course, such occur at higher rates in older patients, on average. It was reported also today I think that the teen that died had an underlying condition that made this respiratory virus especially dangerous to him.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A few days ago it was reported that 96% of U.S. deaths were from patients with underlying health conditions. Of course, such occur at higher rates in older patients, on average. It was reported also today I think that the teen that died had an underlying condition that made this respiratory virus especially dangerous to him.

well thats not the important figure, the important figure is what % of young and healthy are those with severe complications from covid19

Upvote 0