Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here in these mountains of Virginia we were always taught to honor the Jewish people. We have a local butcher, brought up Pentecostal Holiness, who would prepare meat for the Jewish people and they were regulars.

I have an engineering friend who worked with me who had a Jewish stockbroker. When asked what to do with the many company shares he owned this stockbroker told them to sell every bit of it ASAP. Well, our company would go BK due to asbestos liability. Most of the salary folk lost a good bit of their retirement but the friend of mine who heeded his Jewish stockbroker is now happily retired and doing well.

It is of my perspective that the churches were seven and according to Revelation....

Ephesus - Messianic- Would begin with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Gentile - Would begin with the Apostle to the Uncircumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodox... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholic - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestant - A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Materialistic - Rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing?

In reading history there has been a lot of evil that has befallen the human race through these ages. If I may add, this has been this way all along. It is related in the Talmud that Rabbi Simeon ben Azzai found in Jerusalem an account wherein it was written that King Manasseh killed Isaiah by sawing him asunder with a wood saw. The people of Abel fall prey to the people of Cain, this had been this way since the beginning of time. And it is a sorrow to me that evil has happened to protect a church name.

It is an amazing thing for me to see the resurgence of the Messianic Jewish faith. I see this with great delight and wish all of you well.. As this is the church under Peter, and apart from Paul, gives them the right, imho, to declare themselves 'non-Pauline' if they wish. However as a gentile I embrace the teachings of the Apostle Paul.

I also believe that the end of time, as it was with Noah, is upon us. Josephus declares that Adam built two pillars, one of stone and other of brick. The one was suppose to have been destroyed by the flood, and the other yet remaining, is to be destroyed by the fire. The pillar to be destroyed by fire, as told by Josephus, yet remains in the land of Siriad to this day.

If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

“"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

There is yet another event that is to happen and that is the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38...

After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. - Ezekiel 38:8

It appears that God the Father, after 2,000 years of it, is finally getting weary of dealing with the church world and will take up interest in the land of Israel. It appears that a large ISIS like army is going to try to sack Israel in the last days. When this happens, in his own words...

And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face. - Ezekiel 38:18

And that this ISIS army is going to greatly incur the wrath of God the Father. I would say... That this is going to be to their great disadvantage as they will meet up with the greatest of adversaries!

So it appears that God will restore the Jewish people and the land of Israel. Who knows if after this time if Israel will not have her original borders, from Egypt to the Euphrates, restored to her? It seems that, especially with the resurgence of the Messianic faith, that God is already beginning this process and it should be exciting times for those of the Jewish and Messianic faith.

So... What is your take?

This is my perspective and I have the humility to admit that I may be wrong. I am not interested in debating here... I am interested in your perspective on Ezekiel 38, the restoration of Israel, and the end of time. I post this in the Jewish forum as I would expect the best of answers in return. And disagreements with my timelines are understandable.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
One of the last questions put to Jesus was....

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? - Acts 1:6

In which he answers...

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. - Acts 1:7

I think that the time has come for the restoration of the Kingdom of Israel... Here in these latter days!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
From my understanding the following will unfold in the near future...

2016-2020 AD - Continuance of the Word of Faith, Laodicean age based, faith message (in which I have no problem with, as long as they do not get too greedy and remember the cause of the poor). I would also look for the church world to continue dialogue as people in this time have less interest in church doctrine and more interest in fellowship.
2020-2049 AD - Good possibilities for the fulfillment of the Ezekiel 38 prophecy.
2050-2053 AD - The merging of this world into a one leader world system. I believe that in this time that which is referred to as the Anti-Christ will make his scene.
2053 - 2060 AD - Possibilities of a rapture. Christ comes as a thief.
2060 AD- The end of this world after tribulation.

Of course... I could be wrong, these are my estimations according to my understanding. Understanding, that the mind of God may have other plans and ideas.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. - Ezekiel 38:8

Sounds like modern day Israel to me. And it looks like the forces against them will be multi-national, from Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, and if Gog and Magog is Turkey, Turkey as well. It sounds like an ISIS like army to me. And also notice that it emphasizes in the latter years. And that the writings of Ezekiel were after the sack of Israel by the Babylonians.

If I am correct, and that if Ezekiel 38 is fulfilled in the next decade, I would imagine that it would benefit this country immensely and they will use the benefits from this victory to rebuild the temple.

I believe the book of Esther deals with the trials of the Jews in Babylonian captivity and has nothing to do with the actual land of Israel. It would be Nehemiah who would try to rebuild the sacked city.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The Temple of God as drew by the architect of the Pentecostal Revival, William Seymour ...

Temple_zps43c1911c.png

Temple1_zpszugooxxy.png

Seven events that need experienced and maintained in every believers life…

1. The outer court - Justification - We are all Justified by faith
2. The Altar - Salvation - The sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ
3. The Laver - Sanctification - Catechism if you will
4. The Table of Shewbread - Daily in the Word of God
5. The Lightstand - Attainment of Spiritual Light - Faith, Hope, Charity, Joy, etc...
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Praise, Prayer, and Fasting
7. The Holy of Holies - *The Baptism in the Holy Ghost *William Seymour warned that “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

I believe that the prophecies of Ezekiel 38 will come to pass in the next decade and that Israel will regain her boarders as promised in the Books of Moses... From Egypt to the river Euphrates. If this is true then this will have become a gigantic country! And If they rebuild the old Hebrew temple during this time what a treat to travel to Israel and see the rebuilt Hebrew Temple the way it looked in Solomon's time. And I would hope to one day see magnificent sunrises in which the light from the morning sun shines in, illuminating the whole magnificent temple!

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Personally, I dont think this planet can survive an other 50+ of how we are a species.

Perhaps some tihngs to consider....

I will not strive with man for he is flesh. His days shall be 120 years

1897-2017= 120 years
1897 is when the first Zionist congress calling for a Jewish state. Orthodox rejected it saying that Messiah would bring the Jews back to the land... Flesh=not spiritual First congress = not spirutial

1917-2017= 100 years Balfour declaration.

1947-2017= 70 years The establishment by the UN for Israel to be recognized as a nation. 70 is also the outer limit for a generation. 70 is also the number associated for the nations of the earth.
1967 -2017= 50 years the 6 day war in which Israel captured Jerusalem. Its also a Jubilee year from the retaking of Jerusalem.

We all know that the on the witness of 2 or more a matter is established.

Dec 23rd 2016 The US abstained from voting and using its veto power in what is essentially the defensive destruction of Israel. (This is the first witness that "the nations" are coming against Israel.)
January 2017 70 nations gather at the Paris "peace" conference to call on Israel to withdraw to the PRE 6 day war lines. 70 is the number of ALL of the nations biblically speaking....

This is the second witness.

Unless something changes drastically The middle east will end up in all out war against Israel and I will not be surprised if this leads to the beginning of the "trials of Jacob" with a "peace" deal for "7 years" which will be broken at the halfway point.

Everything seems to be shifting towards a rapid acceleration to the end.

Unless ISIS is utterly destroyed there is no way we can make it another 40-50 years

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I dont think this planet can survive an other 50+ of how we are a species.

Perhaps some tihngs to consider....

I will not strive with man for he is flesh. His days shall be 120 years

1897-2017= 120 years
1897 is when the first Zionist congress calling for a Jewish state. Orthodox rejected it saying that Messiah would bring the Jews back to the land... Flesh=not spiritual First congress = not spirutial

1917-2017= 100 years Balfour declaration.

1947-2017= 70 years The establishment by the UN for Israel to be recognized as a nation. 70 is also the outer limit for a generation. 70 is also the number associated for the nations of the earth.
1967 -2017= 50 years the 6 day war in which Israel captured Jerusalem. Its also a Jubilee year from the retaking of Jerusalem.

We all know that the on the witness of 2 or more a matter is established.

Dec 23rd 2016 The US abstained from voting and using its veto power in what is essentially the defensive destruction of Israel. (This is the first witness that "the nations" are coming against Israel.)
January 2017 70 nations gather at the Paris "peace" conference to call on Israel to withdraw to the PRE 6 day war lines. 70 is the number of ALL of the nations biblically speaking....

This is the second witness.

Unless something changes drastically The middle east will end up in all out war against Israel and I will not be surprised if this leads to the beginning of the "trials of Jacob" with a "peace" deal for "7 years" which will be broken at the halfway point.

Everything seems to be shifting towards a rapid acceleration to the end.

Unless ISIS is utterly destroyed there is no way we can make it another 40-50 years
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. - Matthew 5:18

I would think that the Ezekiel 38 prophesy will spell the end to ISIS. I do not believe that the Ezekiel 38 prophesy has been fulfilled. It must be fulfilled before all things come to an end.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. - Matthew 5:18

I would think that the Ezekiel 38 prophesy will spell the end to ISIS. I do not believe that the Ezekiel 38 prophesy has been fulfilled. It must be fulfilled before all things come to an end.

And UNLESS G-d intervenes, everything I said is true. Without G-d intervening we will not last 50 years

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In John Bunyan's Exposition into the first ten chapters of Genesis he compares Adam's two sons as such...

Cain- The wicked predators of this world
Abel - The good and righteous children of this world

And he goes on to say that it is the business of Cain to persecute Able. So we who are children of light will be at odds with the children of darkness, or the evil seed of Cain. This will remain true until the millennial reign, in which the tables will be turned.

And some excerpts from John Bunyan's An Exposition into the First Ten Chapters of Genesis Book...

It is the lot of Cain's brood, to be lords and rulers first, while Abel and his generation have their necks under persecution; yet while they lord it, and thus tyrannically afflict and persecute, our very desire is towards them, wishing their salvation:While they curse, we bless; and while they persecute, we pray.

Ver. 8. "And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him."

When Cain saw that by God's judgment Abel was the better worshipper, and that himsel fmust by no means be admitted for well-doing, his heart began to be more obdurate and hard, and to grow into that height of desperateness, as to endeavour the extirpatingof all true religion out of the world; which it seems he did, by killing his brother,mightily accomplish, until the days of Enos; for "then began men [again] tocall upon the name of the Lord" (v 26).

Hence see the spite of the children of hell against God: They have slain thy prophets,and digged down thine altars (1 Kings 19:10). If they may have their wills, God mustbe content with their religion, or none; other they will not endure should have showwithin their reach, but with Cain, will rather kill their brother; or with the Pharisees,kill their Lord; and with the evil kings of old, will rather kill their sons andsubjects. That the truth, I say, may fall to the ground, and their own inventionsstand for acceptable sacrifices, they will not only envy, but endeavour to invalidateall the true worship and worshippers of God in the world; the which if they cannotwithout blood accomplish, they will slay and kill till their cruelty hath destroyedmany ten thousands, even as Cain, who slew his brother Abel.[22]

And Cain talked with his brother. He had not a law whereby to arraign him, but maliceenough, and a tongue to set all on fire, of which no doubt, by the goodly repliesof his brother, was easily blown up into choler and madness, the end of which wasthe blood of his brother.

"And Cain talked with Abel," &c. To wit, about the goodness and truth of his religion. For that the New Testament seems to import, he slew him "becausehis works were righteous" (1 John 3:12); which Abel, no doubt, had justified before his brother, even then when he most set himself to oppose him. Besides this,the connection of the relation importeth, he talked with him, he slew him; he talked with him and slew him, purely upon a religious account, because his works were righteous.

Hence note, That when wicked men have the head in the world, professors had need be resolved to hazard the worst, before they do enter debate with ungodly men about the things that pertain to the kingdom of God. For behold here, words did not endin words, but from words came blows, and from blows blood. The counsel thereforeis, "That you sit down first, and count up the cost," before ye talk withCain of religion (Luke 14:27-33). "They make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thingof nought" (Isa 29:21).

"And Cain talked with Abel his brother." With Abel his only brother, who also was a third part of the world. But tyrants matter nothing, neither nearnessof kin, nor how much they destroy: "The brother shall betray the brother todeath," &c.

"And it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him." When they were in the field, from home, out of the sight, and far from the help of his father: Subtle persecutors love not to bite, till they can make their teeth to meet; for which they observe their time andplace. Joseph was also hated of his brethren, but they durst not meddle till they found him in the field (Gen 37:15). Here it is also that the holy virgin falleth:He found her in the field,—and there was none to save her (Deut 22:27).

Hence observe again, That be the danger never so imminent, and the advantage of the adversary never so great, the sincere professor of the truth stands his ground against wind and weather. Bloody Cain daunted not holy Abel; no, though now he have his advantage of him (Dan 3:16-18). He rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. "And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil," &c. (1 John 3:12).It is therefore hence to be observed, That it is a sign of an evil way, be it covered with the name of the worship of God, when it cannot stand without the shedding of innocent blood. "Wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil."Had his works been good, they had been accepted of God: He had also had the joy thereof in his conscience, as doubtless Abel had; which joy and peace would have produced love and pity to his brother, as it was with his brother towards him; but his works being evil, they minister to him no heavenly joy, neither do they beget in him loveto his brother; but contrariwise, his heart fill his eye with evil also; which again provoketh (while it beholdeth the godly carriage of Abel) the heart to more desperate resolutions, even to set upon him with all his might, and to cut him off from the earth. Thus the goodness of God's people provoketh to envy the wicked heart of the hypocrite.

Ver. 9. "And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said,I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"

Cain thought it had been no more but to kill his brother, and his intentions and desires must needs be accomplished, and that himself should then be the only man."Come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours" (Mark 12:7).But stay, Abel was beloved of his God, who had also justified his offering, and acceptedit as a service more excellent than his brother's. So then, because the quarrel arose between them upon this very account, therefore Abel's God doth reckon himself as engaged (seeing he is not) to take up his servant's cause himself.

"And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother?" A question notg rounded on uncertainty, but proposed as a beginning of further reasoning; and also to make way to this wicked wretch, to discover the desperate wickedness of his bloody heart the more. For questions that stand at first afar off, do draw out more of th eheart of another: and also do minister more occasion for matter, than if they hadbeen placed more near to the matter.

"Where is Abel?" God missed the acceptable sacrifices of Abel; Abel was dead, and his sacrifices ceased, which had wont to be savoury in the nostrils of God; Cain could not supply them; his sacrifices were deficient, they were not of faith. Hence note, that if tyrants should have their will, even to the destroying of all the remnant of God, their sacrifices and worship would be yet before God as abominable as they were before.

"And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel?" O dreadful question! The beginning of Cain's hell, for now God entereth into judgment with him. Wherefore,however this wretch endeavoured at first to stifle and choke his conscience, yet this was to him the arrow of death: Abel crieth, but his brother would not hear him while alive, and now being dead God hears the cry of his blood. "When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble"(Psa 9:12). Blood that is shed for the sake of God's word, shall not be forgotten or disregarded of God: "Precious in his sight is the death of his saints"(Psa 116:15). "And precious shall their blood be in his sight" (Psa 72:14).

"Where is Abel thy brother?" This word, thy brother, must not be left out,because it doth greatly aggravate his wickedness. He slew "his brother";which horrid act the very law and bond of nature forbiddeth. But when a man is givenup of God, it is neither this nor another relation that will bind his hands, or make him keep within the bound of any law. Judas will seek his master's, and Absalom his father's blood. "Where is Abel thy brother?"

"And he said, I know not." He knew full well what he had done, and that by his hands his brother's blood was fallen to the ground, but now being called into question for the same, he endeavoureth to plead ignorance before God. "I know not." When men have once begun to sin, they know not where they shall end; he slew his brother, and endeavours to cover his fact with a lie.

"I know not: am I my brother's keeper?"

This is the way of all ungodly men, they will not abide that guilt should be fastened.Sin they love, and the lusts and delights thereof, but to count for it they cannot abide; they will put it off with excuses, or denials: Even like Saul, who though he had spared the cattle and Agag contrary to the command of God, yet would needs bear Samuel down, that he had kept, yea "performed the commandment of the Lord"(1 Sam 15:13,20). But they are denials to no boot, and excuses that will not profit,that are made to hide the sin of the soul from the sight and judgment of God. Lies and falsehood will here do nothing.

Ver. 10. "And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground."

Poor Cain, thy feeble shifts help thee nothing, thy excuses are drowned by the cries of the blood which thou hast shed.

"What hast thou done?" the blood of thy brother cries. Beware persecutors,you think that when you have slain the godly, you are then rid of them; but you are far wide, their blood which you have shed, cries in the ears of God against you.O the cries of blood are strong cries, they are cries that reach to heaven; yea they are cries that have a continual voice, and that never cease to make a noise, until they have procured vengeance form the hands of the Lord of sabbath (Job 16:18): And therefore this is the word of the Lord against all those that are for the practice of Cain: "As I live, saith the Lord God, I will prepare thee unto blood and blood shall pursue thee: sith thou hast not hated blood, [that is, hated to shedit,] even blood shall pursue thee" (Eze 35:6).

"The voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me." The apostle makes this voice of the blood of Abel, a type of the voice of the justice of the law, and so extends it further than merely to the act of murder; intimating that he sheds blood,that breaks any of the commands of God, (and indeed so he doth, "he layeth wait of his own blood, and privily lurketh for his own life" (Prov 1:18). Wherefore the apostle compareth the blood of Abel and the blood of Christ together; but soas by the rule of contraries, making betwixt them a contrary voice, even as there is between a broken command and a promise of grace, the one calling for vengeance and damnation; the other calling for forgiveness and salvation; "the blood of sprinkling it speaketh better things than the blood of Abel" (Heb 12:24); that is, it calls to God to forgive the sinner; but Abel's blood, of the breach of the law, that cries damn them, damn them. Christ also sets his own blood in opposition to the blood of all that was shed before him; concluding that the proper voice of all the blood of the godly, is to call for vengeance on the persecutors, even from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zecharias, that was slain between the altar and the temple (Matt 23:35). And let me here take leave to propound my private thoughts:namely, that the Zecharias that here is mentioned, might not be he that we find inthe book of Chronicles (2 Chron 24:21); but one of that name that lived in the days of Christ, possibly John Baptist's father, or some other holy man. My reasons for this conjecture, are, 1. Because the murderers are convict by Christ himself: Zecharias,whom ye slew between the altar and the temple. 2. Because Christ makes a stop atthe blood of Zecharias, not at the blood of John the Baptist: wherefore, if the person here mentioned were not murdered after, but before John the Baptist, then Christ seems to excuse them for killing his servant John; for the judgment stops at the including of the guilt of the blood of Zecharias. 3. I think such a thing, because the voice of all holy blood that hath been shed before the law by the adversary,excepting only the blood of Jesus, must needs be included here; the proper voic eof his, only being to plead for mercy to the murderers. However, the voice of blood is a very killing voice, and will one day speak with such thunder and terror in the consciences of all the brood of Cain, that their pain and burthen will be for ever insupportable.

Ver. 11. "And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand."

Here begins the sentence of God against this bloody man; a sentence fearful and terrible,for it containeth a removing of him from all the privileges of grace and mercy, anda binding of him over to the punishment and pains of the damned.

"And now art thou cursed from the earth." Peace on earth, is one branchof those blessed tidings that were brought into the world, at the coming of the Messias(Luke 2:14). Again, before Christ was come in the flesh, it is said, He rejoiced"in the habitable part of his earth" (Pro 8:30). Wherefore, by the earthin this place, I understand the state that the men are in, to whom, by the mind of God, the gospel and grace of God is to be tendered. Now, whether it respect that state of man by nature, or the state of those that are saints, from both these privileges Cain is separate, as are all whom the Lord hath utterly rejected. Not but that yetthey may live long in the world, but God hath cut them off from the earth, and all the gospel privileges therein, and set them in the condition of devils; so that asto grace and mercy they are separate therefrom, and stand as men, though alive, bound over to eternal judgment. And as to their lives, it matters not how long they live,there is "no sacrifice for their sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb 10:26,27).So that I say, as the devils be bound in hell, so such lie bound in earth; bound I say in the chains of darkness, and their own obstinate heart, over to the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God. Cain therefore by these words is denied the blessing of future means of grace, and stands bound over to answer for his brother's blood, which the ground had received form his cruel hand.

Ver. 12. "When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield to thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth."

This is a branch, or the fruits of this wilful murder. Indeed, sins carry in them not only a curse with respect to eternity, but are also the cause of all the miseries of this life. "God turneth - a fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein" (Psa 107:34).

"When thou tillest the ground." Sin committed doth not always exclude the sinner from an enjoyment of God's mercies, but yet if unrepented of, bringeth a curse upon them. "I will curse, [saith God,] your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart" (Mal 2:2). This also is the reason that the table of some is made their snare, their trap, a stumbling-block and a recompence unto them (Rom 11:9); men ought not therefore to judge of the goodness of their state,by their enjoyment of God's creatures, but rather should tremble while they enjoy them, lest for sin they should become accursed to them, as were the enjoyments of this wicked man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: - Ezekiel 38:4

So to bring the Cain Abel metaphor into the Ezekiel 38 prophecy. I believe that the Lord is going to put the desire into the children of Cain's hearts to come against and destroy Israel. Which will probably be very frightening on the onset... Until God the Father steps in and destroys this wickedness from the planet earth.

Upvote 0