• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Extreme panic attack

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys,

just to ask,we all know that the Catholic Church makes a symbol of a cross.Well I recently read online that there is a great possibility that the Roman Catholic Church is associated with the beast.And that the gesture is the mark of the beast.

I’m not a Catholic,and I don’t submit to the Catholic Churches authority,but I’ve done that symbol as a Protestant quite a bit in my life without knowing the history or significance of it.Now im absolutely terrified I have the mark of the beast!.Im absolutely scared right now that I have the mark!

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

just to ask,we all know that the Catholic Church makes a symbol of a cross.Well I recently read online that there is a great possibility that the Roman Catholic Church is associated with the beast.And that the gesture is the mark of the beast.

I’m not a Catholic,and I don’t submit to the Catholic Churches authority,but I’ve done that symbol as a Protestant quite a bit in my life without knowing the history or significance of it.Now im absolutely terrified I have the mark of the beast!.Im absolutely scared right now that I have the mark!

Its ok you do not have the mark of the beast.
God has given us free will, we will know what it is and those who take it will do so on purpose.
If we are here when it happens we will make a choice to be with Jesus forever or to worship the beast.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Its ok you do not have the mark of the beast.
God has given us free will, we will know what it is and those who take it will do so on purpose.
If we are here when it happens we will make a choice to be with Jesus forever or to worship the beast.
See that’s just it,For years I thought that it was something good though I’ve never stepped foot in a Catholic Church,and I’ve never seen the pope as someone Good,I deny the teachings of the Catholic Church because I firmly believe it’s false.I’m afraid since I’ve don’t it so many times that I’ve branded myself with the mark,and I am so absolutely terrified im damned to hell I ALSO HAVE A HAT THAT I WEAR THAG HAS A CROSS ON IT,IS THAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
See that’s just it,For years I thought that it was something good though I’ve never stepped foot in a Catholic Church,and I’ve never seen the pope as someone Good,I deny the teachings of the Catholic Church because I firmly believe it’s false.I’m afraid since I’ve don’t it so many times that I’ve branded myself with the mark,and I am so absolutely terrified im damned to hell
Trust in God's mercy. His love and mercy are vastly greater than anything you say or do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but I’ve done that symbol as a Protestant quite a bit in my life without knowing the history or significance of it.Now im absolutely terrified I have the mark of the beast!.Im absolutely scared right now that I have the mark!

Praying for you, sir, that the Lord will comfort you and give you peace at this time, that He will assure you that you've done absolutely nothing to curse yourself to the second death or cause Him to let go of you in any way, and that He will assure you He is for you and not against you.:angel:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey guys,

You don't have to worry. Christians will know and reject the mark of the beast. It is reserved for those who have rejected Christ, refused to love the truth and choose to believe lies.

1 Thessalonians 2:10-12

…and with every wicked deception directed against those who are perishing, because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie, in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.…

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey guys,

You're safe! Eastern Orthodox, Anglicans and Lutherans also make the sign of the cross. Now Martin Luther whom the Lutheran church is named after, is the guy who started the reformation to break away from the Roman Catholic church. So since Lutherans cross themselves, it's certainly not something that's strictly Roman Catholic, or else they wouldn't be doing it.

I've gotten extreme panic attacks over stuff like this too, so I know where you're coming from.

Watch the first 40 seconds of this video of a Lutheran pastor talking about the sign of the cross and you'll feel better.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟399,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys,

Although I don't personally agree with making that sign due to my disagreement with certain aspects of catholicism the mark of the beast will be something completely different that will be visible on the forehead or back of the hand and required to buy or sell.

Do not worry @Blaise N just repent and don't do the sign any more.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's not how it works. When I was growing up, I was sent to a christian school of a certain protestant denomination which rounded up all the kids and taught us how the catholic church matches all of the scary signs in the book of Revelation; a prophecy seminar you could call it. Well, basically I learned first hand how that group invented lies, practiced slander and taught their kids to do the same. People who are so easily willing to lie tend to turn on you too -- you won't catch them preaching on loyalty much, to others or to Christ. I'd be more worried about that than the sign of the cross.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's not how it works. When I was growing up, I was sent to a christian school of a certain protestant denomination which rounded up all the kids and taught us how the catholic church matches all of the scary signs in the book of Revelation; a prophecy seminar you could call it. Well, basically I learned first hand how that group invented lies, practiced slander and taught their kids to do the same. People who are so easily willing to lie tend to turn on you too -- you won't catch them preaching on loyalty much, to others or to Christ. I'd be more worried about that than the sign of the cross.
I think if you took a realistic look at bigotry and slander you would see practically nothing from Catholics against Protestants as compared to Protestants against Catholics. Even living up north my mom went to Catholic elementary school one day to see the KKK flag raised in the place of the American flag. Study the Bible, it is rich in wisdom. Remember Jesus is love, not hate. Compare what you were taught about Revelation to how Catholics have read Revelation for almost two thousand years now--long before the Protestant religions were started. If you really get to know Revelation watch a Catholic mass on TV and see how much you recognize. Study the early Christians. Revelation, by the way, was one of the books Luther wanted tossed from the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

Don't the Orthodox Churches use it too?

It's the sign of the cross, representing the trinity, it cannot be symbolic of the antichrist.

• Agree
Reactions: Eftsoon
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This sounds a lot like the sort of magical thinking you see with OCD sufferers. The association you've made is very weak, but anxiety gives it weight and power. In reality, when your anxiety attack settles down, the connection between all these different factors will seem insubstantial. We aren't actually doing you any favours by reassuring you, but you can rest assured that there is no connection between a believer making the sign of the cross and the mark of the beast.They are literally on opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟212,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

I’m not a Catholic,and I don’t submit to the Catholic Churches authority,but I’ve done that symbol as a Protestant quite a bit in my life without knowing the history or significance of it.Now im absolutely terrified I have the mark of the beast!. Im absolutely scared right now that I have the mark!

The sign of the cross was taught by the Apostles, you can look it up, it was Saint Basil the Great, who died in 379 A.D. who wrote about it. The text is preserved.

• Agree
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
See that’s just it,For years I thought that it was something good though I’ve never stepped foot in a Catholic Church,and I’ve never seen the pope as someone Good,I deny the teachings of the Catholic Church because I firmly believe it’s false.I’m afraid since I’ve don’t it so many times that I’ve branded myself with the mark,and I am so absolutely terrified im damned to hell I ALSO HAVE A HAT THAT I WEAR THAG HAS A CROSS ON IT,IS THAT THE MARK OF THE BEAST?!

The Cross is not the mark of the Beast, Catholic Crucifixes have our Lord still on the Cross.
I personally do not care for them due to Christ is no longer on the Cross.
The Mark of the Beast is the number of a man.

There is nothing wrong with Genuflection, or Making the sign of the Cross by touching your head and across your chest.

In the book of Ezra,
we have a list of the children that returned, there is a number of a man equaling 666.
It is not a confirmation, but it does match what the Bible says.
It is a guess on my part that He has something to do with it.
I could be wrong.

Ezra 2:13 The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums