Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They posted a democrat, his direct electoral opponent, doing so. Are you going to retract this statement now or stand by it after it being shown to be demonstrably false?

I stand by my statement. When I see him CALLING for these actions to stop, and even condemning them before his constituents I will retract that view point.

The closest I have seen was Berrnie in 2016:

Even then he goes on to explain the Trump supporters are the cause of the violence.

Go to 1:41, 2:27, @ 2:42 "Racism is evil" "Hate groups are repugnant" This is a call to action. This is where a leader outlines what they envision as their own call to purpose, in a statement that outlines what they view as acceptable by those that follow their lead.

Violence is wrong... racism is evil... hate is repugnant... we are all American regardless of religion, race, sex or creed. We need to all get along, love and care for one-another.

Again, this is a call to action where a leader outlines what they envision as their own call to purpose, in a statement that outlines what they view as acceptable by those that follow their lead.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I stand by my statement. When I see him CALLING for these actions to stop, and even condemning them before his constituents I will retract that view point.

He said:

Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect.

He is a democrat, he spoke out against this action on twitter before his prospective constituents. How many more qualifications are you going to tack onto this to so as to stand by a false statement?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He said:

He is a democrat, he spoke out against this action on twitter before his prospective constituents. How many more qualifications are you going to tack onto this to so as to stand by a false statement?

Not yet convinced it is not just a comment rather than a stated position he adheres to and believes in, or calling on. This is politics. Some people in politics make comments based off analytics, and what might garner votes. I have no idea where he is coming from without a track history. If I see him doubling down and running on this platform I will retract my opinion.

Mind you, there is a difference between making an opinion and calling on something.

upload_2018-9-25_18-37-16.png

call on
or
call upon
[call on someone/something to do something]to officially ask a person or organization to do something

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Good job Maxine Waters. They are following your instructions to the letter.

If you don’t agree with a politician, go abuse them. Perfectly fine. People will actually defend you!

What next, dressing in black masks and beating them up. Oh, wait....
Just to be clear, if politicians make decisions that cause extensive hardship for some, what exactly should they do?

I very VERY much doubt that politicians getting accosted by the unwashed plebs is some brand new event in American history.

Upvote 0

AkidoMaster

Sep 7, 2018
Central USA
✟15,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just to be clear, if politicians make decisions that cause extensive hardship for some, what exactly should they do?

Get politically active, write letters to their local congressman, call and speak with their representatives, give their time and money to issues they believe in.

Organize groups and work through legal means to see positive change.

I believe that is so much better than going into restaurants and screaming at people until they leave

I believe it is a better form of communication and garners a greater understanding than dressing in black and beating the crap out of a person.

If you plan to protest, then emulate the most productive protest of recent history. We could learn a lot from Dr King, his methods helped change a nation.

I believe it is more beneficial that hate speech and fear mongering.

Upvote 0

AkidoMaster

Sep 7, 2018
Central USA
✟15,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you show up with a rifle and make your political opponents scared of going to their own meeting...you're not a protester, you're a bully.

What are you when you dress in black and masks, then take chains, rocks and sticks and other weapon and you beat the fire out of people, then loot businesses and set fire to property?

Are they bullies or protesters?

Upvote 0

AkidoMaster

Sep 7, 2018
Central USA
✟15,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, this is a call to action where a leader outlines what they envision as their own call to purpose, in a statement that outlines what they view as acceptable by those that follow their lead.

That would be inciting.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Get politically active, write letters to their local congressman, call and speak with their representatives, give their time and money to issues they believe in.
I appreciate this....almost to the point where it seems quaint and unrealistic. I WISH this is what it would take to affect change but too often, it's deep pockets that speak louder than loud voices.

I believe that is so much better than going into restaurants and screaming at people until they leave

I believe it is a better form of communication and garners a greater understanding than dressing in black and beating the crap out of a person.
I can accept that. I'm a BIG fan of accosting politicians if you disagree with them and demanding answers for their actions, but doing it in the context of a kind of conversation. Not a HUUUUUGE fan of just yelling at people til they leave. That's not really cool.
I am 100% in favour of NOT have a protected class of politicians.

Upvote 0

AkidoMaster

Sep 7, 2018
Central USA
✟15,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
. I'm a BIG fan of accosting politicians if you disagree with them

I’m not a fan of accosting anyone. Verbally or otherwise. Perhaps you mean confronting.

It is a form of intolerance and never creates anything but anger and hatred. It is, in my opinion, the lowest form of communication.

When a man and his wife can’t simply sit down for a meal, we have sunk to a new low.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not yet convinced it is not just a comment rather than a stated position he adheres to and believes in, or calling on. This is politics. Some people in politics make comments based off analytics, and what might garner votes. I have no idea where he is coming from without a track history.

It's a falsification of your statement, one democrat spoke against it when you said not a single one would. Yet onward march the goal posts.

If I see him doubling down and running on this platform I will retract my opinion.

I don't believe that. You stand by your former statement after it was falsified I see no reason to believe that the goal posts will not be shifted yet again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
upload_2018-9-25_20-42-46.png

upload_2018-9-25_20-43-45.png

Do you see Beto O'Rourke, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Waters, etc stating: Now it's time for America to bind the wounds of division; have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people. For those who have chosen not to support me in the past, of which there were a few people. I'm reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country.

We must love each-other, show affection for each-other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal.

Not

Gonna

Happen...

Those are the words of President Donald J Trump.

Not one democrat is going to come out in absolute condemnation of violence and run on a platform of cooperation with the Trump administration. It will be political suicide for them.

The individual in the tweet called Ted Cruz's vote for Kavanaugh "a death wish". Stated: "You are not safe"

Not one Dem will outright condemn that. Not one. There will be no call to ban the twitter account for hate speech, and others will even go on MSM and explain why it was ok to happen.

***To be fair. Im not talking about individual citizens. Seeing that this is a political forum I took it for granted you would understand I am addressing those politically involved. There are MANY democrats that view this as wrong at the grassroots level.***

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Unpopular? How many times has won elections.

No, not unpopular, just a convenient target for people who are so bigoted in their ideology that they feel justified .

Encouraged by Maxine Waters who was rated the most corrupt
Ted Cruz has only ever been elected to one office, and he was elected once. And even though he is a Republican incumbent in Texas, he is in a statistical dead heat with his Democratic opponent. So I think it's fair to say he's unpopular.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,279.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I’m not a fan of accosting anyone. Verbally or otherwise. Perhaps you mean confronting.
I can see why you'd think that. Confronting is good. But I do believe there IS a time and a place to accost elected officials (in a nonphysically threatenning way).

It is a form of intolerance and never creates anything but anger and hatred. It is, in my opinion, the lowest form of communication.
Again, I can understand why you think that but I disagree. Elected officials have the capacity to exert such distant and untouched control over our lives that we can feel powerless against them. I don't think politicians individually, should be threatenned, but the fact is that if a politicians votes to strike down a law that would keep my child alive or, say, allow me to afford medication that would keep them from having 150 seizures a day, I would have a LOT of passion and I absolutely would feel totally vindicated in accosting them on this. When politicians vote, I FIRMLY believe they often forget that their votes impact members of the citizenry and I believe those people have a right to express that frustration.

When a man and his wife can’t simply sit down for a meal, we have sunk to a new low.
Strange. I feel that when elected officials feel righteous in keeping individuals from having the right to safety and security in terms of their health care, we have sunk to a new low.

I appreciate our conversation thus far AM...I'm not convinced either will change our minds, but that's ok.

• Friendly
Reactions: AkidoMaster
Upvote 0

AkidoMaster

Sep 7, 2018
Central USA
✟15,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ted Cruz has only ever been elected to one office, and he was elected once. And even though he is a Republican incumbent in Texas, he is in a statistical dead heat with his Democratic opponent. So I think it's fair to say he's unpopular.

Bycthat reasoning, his opponent is also unpopular.

Every politician on earth is unpopular with people who do not support them. That doesn’t give people the right to verbally abuse them and their family.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Some people being annoying in a restaurant and you take that as a precursor to a civil war. Who's really being silly here?

Wait, what? People might actually speak out against me if I join in a group which demonizes minority groups to score cheap political points? That's not fair!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Another way to look at it - based on polling data we have, he's about as popular as Clinton was in the last presidential election.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Given all the talk about right-wing gun marches, I do appreciate the people defending the 2nd amendment as a means of political expression acting all upset when people they don't agree with use the 1st in the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Bycthat reasoning, his opponent is also unpopular.

Every politician on earth is unpopular with people who do not support them. That doesn’t give people the right to verbally abuse them and their family.
You're the one who brought up his electoral record as an attempt to counter the claim that he's unpopular.

Upvote 0