Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,313.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The second amendment guarantees our right and ability to protect ourselves. That’s from intruders, criminals, and our own government. If you begin to allow rights be eroded, it will not stop. I frankly don’t care what other countries think of our rights. Fact is foreign leaders throughout history have commented they would not invade our soil because we’re armed.
And no, the constitution never guaranteed slavery.

It does? I must have missed where that was stated.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Aside from the second amendment, name one please.
Not the point, of course. The point is that since it is obviously possible that the Constitution could contain a right that has, over time, become harmful.

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, fair enough. But I suspect you agree that it should be possible to amend the Constitution to take away some right. And I bet that this indeed can be done.
It can be. It has....the 18th took rights away. And the 21st gave it back.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not the point, of course. The point is that since it is obviously possible that the Constitution could contain a right that has, over time, become harmful.
How “obvious” can it be if you can’t name an instance?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No it’s still not. You can ridicule all you want. But gun crimes in you country is not our problem, nor our fault. Drugs were previously, and most still are illegal in Mexico. Yet they still flood in our southern boarder. Give up your rights if you wish. But I won’t....willingly.
Obviously if increased access to guns for Americans means more guns end up shooting Canadians, this is obviously a problem for us. You are free to not care - and I suspect you don’t - but please don’t deny the patently obvious: your laws, or lack thereof, can have consequences outside the USA.

Upvote 0

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously if increased access to guns for Americans means more guns end up shooting Canadians, this is obviously a problem for us. You are free to not care - and I suspect you don’t - but please don’t deny the patently obvious: your laws, or lack thereof, can have consequences outside the USA.
You cannot sacrifice liberty for security. You’ll yield neither.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No more your business than the legality of alcohol in your country during Prohibition and the legality of marijuana prior to 2012 was our business.
Of course, why would you imagine that
I would think otherwise?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You cannot sacrifice liberty for security. You’ll yield neither.
Cute slogan. The problem, of course, is that hundreds and hundreds of millions of people around tge world are as free as you are.

Without the guns.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OK Jeff

Jan 19, 2017
NA
✟63,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cute slogan. The problem, of course, is that hundreds and hundreds of millions of people around tge world are as free as you are.

Without the guns.
Without the right to defend themselves, they are not as free as we are. And neither are you.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....how many self-identified liberals here believe that a a complete ban of firearms would be beneficial, practical, and Constitutional?
Complete ban - no way.

Options I'd consider:
-Register every single firearm to its owner
-6 round max capacity
-Maybe no magazines at all, but manual load only
-Drivers license style test required for ownership

Not sure about all those. But I think theyre good ideas. Could be wrong tho and would consider the pro / cons.

Reactions: Theridiidae
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can put up a quote, but revised history claims it’s false. You have google? Check for yourself.
Oh not this dance again! YOU made a claim, YOU are obliged to defend it.

Why is it ALWAYS those on the right that refuse to fulfill their obligation to defend their claims? C’mon now, surely you can find something from Breitbart or InfoWars.

You may wish to ruminate on the matter if you insist, as is your right, that I defend my claim that it is invariably those on the right who try this stunt of evading responsibility for their claims.

Go ahead, make my day.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The second amendment guarantees our right and ability to protect ourselves. That’s from intruders, criminals, and our own government. If you begin to allow rights be eroded, it will not stop. I frankly don’t care what other countries think of our rights. Fact is foreign leaders throughout history have commented they would not invade our soil because we’re armed.
And no, the constitution never guaranteed slavery.

your right...I mean it has to be that your armed and not that your country is prohibativly too far away to do any form of sustained war with by any country that could invade, rather then just nuke to the dark ages.

• Winner
Upvote 0