Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I presented a chart showing that there is no correlation between gun ownership and homicide rates.

I don't fully understand your question, though. Did you not realise that knives are used to murder people? Here in Australia, knives are used in 42% of homicides (up from 32%), which means that our national weapons control debate, as in the UK, is mostly about knife control.

GUNS-IN-OTHER-COUNTRIES-Australia-Homicide-by-Weapon-Types-1989-through-2010.jpg

There are things that kill more people annually than guns do but for some reason that never makes it way into the conversation, vehicles and doctors are two examples but we can't ban them is the standard response. ^_^

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There are things that kill more people annually than guns do but for some reason that never makes it way into the conversation, vehicles and doctors are two examples but we can't ban them is the standard response. ^_^

By all means. Let's monitor and regulate guns to the same level we do vehicles and medical practitioners. We can skip your strawman of banning them.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Here is another strawman…

When there is a person who openly declares himself a Nationalist, when there is a person that is openly supported by Neo-Nazi’s, when there is a person who encourages violence at his political rallies, when there is a person who only weakly condemns violence from Neo-Nazi’s days after the fact and only because of the flack for not doing so earlier, when there is a person who uses words like “fake news” and Lügenpresse, when there is a person that openly calls the media the “enemy of the people” , when there is a person who creates an immigration policy within days of taking office that looks like it came from 1933, when there is a person who that looks up to authoritarian regimes and alienates out real allies, when there is a person who says America should try having a Leader for life like China, when there is a person who makes a founding member of Breitbart News, Steve Bannon the White House Chief Strategist, when thousands can parade with torches chatting “The Jews will not replace us!”, when you have a White House Press Secretary that said Adolf Hitler did not use chemical weapons, when you have a White House that issued a Holocaust Remembrance Day statement that does not mention Jews or Anti-Semitism at all, when a person goes into a Synagogue and kills 11 in the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the United States, and when you see no sigh what so ever of this trend ending, my family and I will be keeping our guns.
Dude, a run on sentence? That's hard to read.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Their loss. As to why it is important, the Second Amendment's text is self-explanatory.
I trust you realize that gun culture is a uniquely American phenomenon. The only “loss” we experience is the “loss” of the opportunity to die in a hail of bullets.

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just look at hand grenades.

Its been years since we took them off the shelves at Walmart, and the rate of murder by hand grenade has gone down to almost zero.

I for one am not ready to bring them back.

Do you have a source for Walmart selling hand grenades? I find that extremely hard to believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do you have a source for Walmart selling hand grenades? I find that extremely hard to believe.
As you should.

We would be going ape**** if people could just go to the store and buy ready made bombs.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By all means. Let's monitor and regulate guns to the same level we do vehicles and medical practitioners. We can skip your strawman of banning them.

If the arguments for banning guns weren't so lame other things that are more lethal wouldn't be mentioned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,955.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If the arguments for banning guns weren't so lame other things that are more lethal wouldn't be mentioned.

That's nice. As a gun owner I am not trying to ban guns. Perhaps you could focus on the arguments being presented? If, as you claim, these other areas are problematic should we not pursue a similar approach to harm reduction with firearms?

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Did you read the article? It is incredibly detailed.
Yes. I read the article and followed the links. Lots of tables and data to look at. However, the article itself says that this "suggests" their conclusion. In addition, the article never address my question to you. How can a resident of Illinois purchase firearms from an adjoining state? I'm asking you, personally, since you're the one who posted that claim in the first place. Don't just drop links that seem to go along with what you believe. I want you to explain such a process in your own words. If you don't know, and are merely echoing soundbites, just say so, and I will explain the process for your edification.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your comment on doctors is ridiculous.

But compared to Australia, the US has roughly twice as many road deaths as it could have. Cutting the road toll in half would save more lives than somehow magically making murders stop. And it wouldn't be all that hard to do. I'm amazed that more people aren't demanding action.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I trust you realize that gun culture is a uniquely American phenomenon. The only “loss” we experience is the “loss” of the opportunity to die in a hail of bullets.
Sounds like you're countering your own objection to our continued right to keep and bear arms:
When your desire to play with guns means more of them will get transported illegally to Canada, it becomes very much my business.

Even I can’t vote in your country.

Upvote 0